• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1872
  • 3v3: 1681
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1667

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:23 AM

I'm running a WMD comp right now with a couple buddies as arms. Not sure, kinda want to go fury - but I feel like arms damage is still much better. Anyway, what do you guys think about using Slam as a tier 3 talent here? With the other 2 talents I'm forced to use whirlwind as a main ability, and that's just blowing polys off left and right.

Thoughts?

#2 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:29 AM

you can use slam to not break poly, all the talents are terrible anyway
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#3 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

Slam is a dps loss compared to the other 2.

Sudden death hits for nothing. I like taste because the only thing that arms can do is spam rend on 3 targets and slowly rot them, so this gives u way more rage to spam your 5k wws.

All in all, I go thirst. Best choice is to go fury however, since it does almost x2 the dmg of arms.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#4 Ezaraku

Ezaraku
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:57 AM

Slam is a dps loss compared to the other 2.

Sudden death hits for nothing. I like taste because the only thing that arms can do is spam rend on 3 targets and slowly rot them, so this gives u way more rage to spam your 5k wws.

All in all, I go thirst. Best choice is to go fury however, since it does almost x2 the dmg of arms.

Fury 2h or 1h?

#5 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:59 AM

Is the difference really that much?

#6 Ezaraku

Ezaraku
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:04 AM

I'm really wondering the same because I was dueling as Fury 1H and arms and arms seemed to massively overwhelm fury. This was after the buffs too. So maybe it's just Fury 2H then? But Revo is using 1H, so that just doesn't make sense.

#7 Tunips

Tunips
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/1/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2219
  • 3v3: 2189
  • RBG: 768

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:11 PM

I am running wls at 2kish mmr right now and have been playing as arms the whole time as my teammates are worried about fury dmg. I did my last match as 1handed fury and absolutely demolished a rogue with 3 execute procs in a row. The single target dmg for fury seems far ahead, and the procs seem never ending. As fury I also find sudden death is up very often and it hits like a truck. I am enjoying playing fury much more than playing arms.
I tried playing arms with slam as well and it feels like I am tickling people.

#8 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms
  • RBG: 956
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

Given that mortal hits as hard as wild strike yeah.

I'm not touching arms until it gets a 50% dmg buff - the spec is a fucking abortion. Hits for nothing, provides zero utility.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#9 Revolol

Revolol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1722
  • 3v3: 2974
  • 5v5: 1518
  • RBG: 1863

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

I'm really wondering the same because I was dueling as Fury 1H and arms and arms seemed to massively overwhelm fury. This was after the buffs too. So maybe it's just Fury 2H then? But Revo is using 1H, so that just doesn't make sense.

Fury 1h sims higher in PvE for single target, which was the main reason I chose SMF. TG has traditionally always been for big bladestorms and cleaving with WW and RB. I tried some TG, and it's decent but I think SMF is better.
twitch.tv/revocutie

#10 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:36 PM

SMF has higher ST then TG, TG has better AoE but i feel the pressure you put out with SMF ontop of SMf being able to sometimes procs 3x SD as opposed to tg usually only getting 1 or 2 Sd procs at most it feels slower, Dont get me wrong its got burst AAs, and RBs, and WS hit hard too, but SMF just feels smoother with its SD procs and rage gen.

TG is good against melee cleaves when you can cleave alot of damage but the ST pressure with SD procs and Bloodbath for SMF are too juicy to pass up

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WMD, Arms, Warrior, Slam, Whirlwind

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<