Survival as disc priest vs double dps 2s

priest survival 2s 2xdps disc 2v2

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 foundacookie

foundacookie
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hello, decided to make an account after years of just reading lol. The question is how to survive as disc vs double dps comps in 2s. I am at 2.1k mmr playing DISC + survi and tbh after 2k we find 7/10 arenas to face double dps if we face any dps + heal we win, no matter what it be we pwn them all the way. However double dps seems to be a big problem.

I have tried full buble at start spirit + clartity + pow + glyph of -10% dmg from fade + pom + penance ofc. didnt help.

we tried i shadowmeld and my hunter just run in front of them puttin as much as he can but they dont use any powerups no avenging wrath nothing, sometimes they even get downed to 30% hp when they finally give up and start atack hunter instead of searching for me. when my hunt gets damaged badly and he have to deter (or even if I quicker show up) they immediately switch on me and still have enough burst to kill me. not even sayin im using PS and big yellow buble (forgot name) i tried takin tendrils + angelic + every mix of talents. im so pissed off that i even picked up interuppt bar but at the start they have so many CC that it basicly dont help..
im sure i must doing something wrong.
the main problem is even my hunter gives me hes master call so im not slowed rooted shitted with all these things i got only 3seconds and it ends with instant stun.
when we face 2x dps we win only about 25% of games and this is annyoing as hell. i feel that the burst output of double dps is to much for priest to survive beacause of WOD lack of instant casts, maybe priest have big bubbles but i dont have all of big burst of heal like other healers.
we think bout change my hunter from survi to mm so he can put total burst at start and hopefully one of dps will have to pop up defense and dont damage me so much.
im looking if any of you can put me some dont know alghorytm of what glyphs + what talents and what to cast ( coz with double dps if im able to cast more than 3 flash heals in entire arena is big success)..

thx for help

#2 Washedupx

Washedupx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1961
  • 3v3: 2131
  • RBG: 1850

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

Glyph shadow magic + reflect shield + penance. Talent fear + spirit shell + saving grace. Stack spirit shell earl. Use master's call + pw:s+ guise + feathers to get around los to top off. Your hunter needs to abuse his cc to get you room to cast.

Edited by Washedupx, 11 December 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#3 foundacookie

foundacookie
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

@up
How he should gimme this room to cast coz u didnt said anything that i didnt tried to use. The problem is how to make this room with hunter whos CC on DPSes with trinkets liches and all crap is very low.
They simply run at me with mounts ignoring hunter and zerging with all they have im stacked with all bleeds and crap i cant dispell in 2 seconds after they engage and my spectra guise dissapear 1 sec after use coz of combat from dot damage that i cant dispell or take off me.

@we beat once and once lose due to very exp players Barbie and Diablous (character/stormscale/Diablous/achievement#95:165) it was feral + ench and it was very hard so other comps who dont have ench who isnt that good this patch when we compare him to feral or ret but comps like this are just ZERGZERGZERG so the problem is mele cleave zerg when we face ench its hard but kay.

feral + feral
feral + ret
dk + ret
dk + feral
warr(arms/prot) + feral

#4 Washedupx

Washedupx
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1961
  • 3v3: 2131
  • RBG: 1850

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:30 AM

Your hunter has traps on a 12 second CD + binding shot. That with fear sounds like quite a bit of CC to me.
Make the other team run through your hunter in the opener to get to you. He can conc shot any non-stealthies and rail into them while you're stacking shell at the pillar. When they get to you, Frost or freezing trap the pillar and run.
Abuse binding shot + explosive trap, its cancer for melee as is frost trap root.

#5 foundacookie

foundacookie
  • Members

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:40 AM

Thats what we do mostly but its not enough. Warr dont give a fuck bout roots or my fear for sure. And When they get CC which is longer than 3 seconds they just simply trinket it, there are many arenas when i fear both of dps and they insta trink and keep zerg on me, explosive dont give much due to chargé of warr or displace of dudu. Its like they run at me pop up all we use all CC to stop em and we get with this like 8 seconds for me then im zerged to death coz while they are on me im almost standing in one place getting stunned kicked silenced in chain and i dont have time to cast anything all i can do is use instants between one cc and another. Will help if my Surv switch to MM ? I would appreciate if any feral or warr or ret reply here what is pain in ass for them.

We almost manager to win with DK + feral but this heal of dk when he have hes cd's is giving him second life.. and feral is invisible till i show up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: priest, survival, 2s, 2xdps, disc, 2v2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<