• EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/2/2/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1943
  • 3v3: 1764
  • 5v5: 1664
  • RBG: 192

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

As the season has started, I'm wondering how Thug Cleave performs in WoD?
I'm going to play with a Hunter and a Resto Shaman, and just want to know what to expect.

Would also be nice to get some hints and tips of the basics, as well as the more advanced plays of this composition, as I'm pretty fresh into the arena scene since Wrath (only about 60 games in MoP).
Anything would be good really, haven't found much up-to-date information on the comp.

Also, would Combat or Sub be more preferable with this setup?
My guess is Sub for the burst together with the hunter in the opener, over combats need to build up to red before it's go-time.

#2 wmd221

wmd221
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Combat 2/1/2/2/0/1/1
  • 2v2: 1786
  • 3v3: 1606

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:17 PM

I actually like combat and mutilate both more than sub, but the comp doesn't feel all that strong. Hunters definitely have stronger options and with the damage nerfs they just had it feels even weaker. It struggles a lot vs the double plate cleave teams that are running around right now.

#3 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1616
  • 3v3: 2116
  • LocationPrague

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:19 PM

I have played some thug with priest last evening and we did OK, i was actually surprised how well it worked.

We only lost to RET/DK/HEALER and RET/HUNTER/HEALER but i think that has something to do with rets being gods.

Muti seems to be the best spec as i could pressure people even outside cds,

The comp is really fun :)
Kul Tiras-EU / Outland-EU

#4 Fizion

Fizion
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1814
  • 3v3: 2101
  • 5v5: 1777
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationAshburn, VA

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

We only lost to RET/DK/HEALER and RET/HUNTER/HEALER

Isn't that 8 of 10 matches?

#5 cubas

cubas
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1616
  • 3v3: 2116
  • LocationPrague

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Isn't that 8 of 10 matches?

No, it was 9/10 :D

Seriously tho, its really shit comp against plate melee cleaves.

Edited by cubas, 09 December 2014 - 01:28 PM.

Kul Tiras-EU / Outland-EU

#6 Diorix

Diorix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

Thanks for the replies, will test Muti tonight when we are going to do a couple of matches to see if we can up our rating a bit.

Combat really turns me off, feels like I'm just wasting globals all over, so that's good news.

Do you mind giving me a few tips on how I, and my team, should play in this setup? Especially against some of the most popular comps.

#7 Ashleyirl

Ashleyirl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

hiya! welcome back=)

Right now thug with a resto shaman is super weak - they just get trained and there's not much you can necessarily do about it, I would recommend a priest as they are so much more consistent and fear/trap don't dr not to mention the broken silence they have.

As for spec, combat/sub are the best by far. I think you kinda have to play sub for the versatile swaps (tho training one target also works) but combat has like a 8 sec kidney which is xtremely broken as well.

To work at high rating, the comp requires loads of synergy though as there are often large gaps between cc (especially with a shaman) so its pretty important to have full kidney -> trap -> silence/fear (if playing with priest)

#8 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 December 2014 - 02:57 PM

I like how blizz chooses to nerf aimed shot and KS by 10% rather than fixing trap which is the actual problem. Kill shot is a bit overtuned, but its not a big deal as long as you stay above execute range <--- which is really hard when you have an 8 second instant trap, a ranged interrupt, a ranged stun / knockback, plus the other players CC which is usually also instant since its a ret,feral,or dk usually playing with the hunter. The longest Chain ive sat in so far from a hunter team : Bash, trap, Clone, clone, binding arrow, silence, fear (because of concuss), bash, clone, trap. This was on ruins right after running between tomb and new headstone LOS. Obviously i didnt try to avoid after the first couple, because i became interested in just how long they could keep the chain going and it seems as though they can actually CC you indefinitely if you were to let them. lol

Edited by Clamnesia, 09 December 2014 - 03:07 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#9 Diorix

Diorix
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 09 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Thanks for the replies :)

Too bad that playing with an rShaman is weak.
I'm kinda stuck with it since it's my brother, but on the other hand, I don't care for high ratings at the moment, I need a good amount more experience before I go for that, and I don't mind playing a weak comp either, I'd rather see it as a challenge for now :)

I think for now we will focus on getting our CC-chains down properly (haven't really got any good chains off yet, still working on timing my Blind-Sap, I've been screwed over by my bindings ("[combat] Sap + [nocombat] Gouge" crap macro that was nice in theory...), so I need to work something out on that).
Is it good to start a CC-chain with Kidney? Thought you would use that to gain even more momentum when you are already CCing someone? (Unless that is a defense/peel chain?).

We're also still a little wonky on when we should swap targets - When do you usually swap?
Our tactic is usually force defensive CDs (+hopefully trinket) on kill target and then swap until they are no longer active before we swap back, hopefully forcing another defensive CD from the target we first swapped to.

Please, keep all your tips and tricks coming, I've probably missed or forgot them while reading up on things!

I'll most definitely check out your stream once my exams are done!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Thug Cleave, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, 3s, 3v3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<