Arena healer weakness

Healer Frost dk

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Hoogeer

Hoogeer
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

Could someone briefly describe weaknesses that each healer have.

I'm a new player so bear with me. I played abit of both 3v3 and 2v2, and i have a hard time dealing with healers as frost dk.
In 3v3 It just seems impossible to kill a resto druid but disc priest on the other hand is manageable except from 2v2 where i have huge difficulties aswell.

Briefly what weakness does examples below have in terms of disples, fast switches etc.

Resto druid:

Disc priest:

Holy priest:

Holy pala:

Resto Sha:

mist monk:

Thanks for taking time and helping me.

#2 Ongbaccy

Ongbaccy
  • Members

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:09 PM

disc + rdruids hate dispells but can often manage our dispell because it costs us damage and is not spammable unless you really want to do 0 damage.

rdruids hate hard swaps and split pressure
discs are the best healer they have no real weakness but will melt to great sustain pressure.
noone plays holy priest anymore
holy pala hates to be cced and also hates to eat focus mind freeze etc - interupt weak
resto shamans hate being trained also weak to interupts.
mw monks have 2 trinkets but hate cc, less vulnerable to interupts than rsham and holy pala but still vulnerable and moreso to cc.

#3 Grimwald

Grimwald
  • Members
  • LocationToronto

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:59 PM

Pretty much what Ong said. A well played Disc Priest is by far the hardest healer to kill.
That rug really tied the room together.

#4 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:40 PM

Pretty much what Ong said. A well played Disc Priest is by far the hardest healer to kill.

This, by far. Biggest weakness they have is keeping them dispelled to get the 35k+ shields off asap, and they are open to being kicked as well. Best tactic i've had vs them in 2s is to setup burst, pressure without cds then when a shield goes up dispell it, stun and pop cds.

#5 quaye12

quaye12
  • Members

Posted 07 December 2014 - 01:59 PM

Resto druid: Hard swaps, offensive dispels

Disc priest: Spread damage, offensive dispels,

Holy pala: Getting tunnelled: any class that has more than 1 way to interrupt casting (dk = mindfreeze, asphyxiate, grip, pet stun, pet interrupt) makes paladins sad, long CC chains, offensive dispells (on sac/freedom/bop)

Resto Sha: Getting tunnelled.

mist monk: No idea

As frost DK vs Disc/rdruid, you should be using your Procs on icy touch to dispel, not howling blast for shitty damage. Icy touch can theoretically do 80k damage if you insta dispel PW:S

#6 Relentless

Relentless
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/1/2/2/2
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 December 2014 - 01:52 AM

Resto druid: Hard swaps, offensive dispels

Disc priest: Spread damage, offensive dispels,

Holy pala: Getting tunnelled: any class that has more than 1 way to interrupt casting (dk = mindfreeze, asphyxiate, grip, pet stun, pet interrupt) makes paladins sad, long CC chains, offensive dispells (on sac/freedom/bop)

Resto Sha: Getting tunnelled.

mist monk: No idea

As frost DK vs Disc/rdruid, you should be using your Procs on icy touch to dispel, not howling blast for shitty damage. Icy touch can theoretically do 80k damage if you insta dispel PW:S

80k? Its not absorbing that at the moment is it? Maybe when it was bugged and crit absorbing for 200% instead of 150%

#7 Ongbaccy

Ongbaccy
  • Members

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:07 AM

80k does seem a bit low.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Healer, Frost dk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<