• Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2263
  • 3v3: 2361
  • RBG: 1831

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

Damn... even my braindance bro is going at it again...
But yeah... I'm a bit frustrated by getting kited by every freedom class in the game after I finally catch up to them with charge...

Trust me when I say I play prot for that little more mobility we have thru shield charge. Thing is you have to use shield charge even when you are right on top of him in order to burst and you might not have it rdy when you actually need it to close the gap...

So my wish list for arms goes as below:
- CS and MS generating rage instead of consuming rage... I mean srsly we do not have any rage generating skill besides charge which we have to hold onto for closing gap and bursting.
- Charge stun back! (Not in the form of 20 sec cd warbringer, this won't work in most cases) This is our iconic ability since this game was made. Not my charge stun :(
- Maybe a little buff to slam in some way, maybe longer lasting stacking time? So we can actually set up something like x3 stacked slam for CS -> MS -> Slam -> Execute combo. Or just lil more dmg to it? I don't know just some form of buff there so we can consider it over other two talents.

Charge stun back YES...
Rage generator on something, doesn't have to be MS or CS
Reck/CS/Sweeping Strikes doesn't put you into battle stance, i mean give me a break blizz took stance requirements off for a reason..
Overpower replaces whirlwind
Unrelenting Assault makes comeback?
Posted Image
Lvl 1 Dk Legend Covlol

#22 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

So my wish list for arms goes as below:
- CS and MS generating rage instead of consuming rage... I mean srsly we do not have any rage generating skill besides charge which we have to hold onto for closing gap and bursting.
- Charge stun back! (Not in the form of 20 sec cd warbringer, this won't work in most cases) This is our iconic ability since this game was made. Not my charge stun :(

Im sure i saw somewhere that in order for Cs and MS have to have a rage cost if they are going to hit as hard as they do, if they generate rage then the damage has to be nerfed to compensate. So would i would say is maybe just give Arms a cheap Filler *cough* Overpower *cough* that can fill Gcd without consuming too much Rage, Or they could even make it generate rage if they make it proc from rend ticks (5 base 10 for a crit) to give arms something.

As for Charge, Yes is should stun again, jugg should reduce the cd by 5 sec, DT should stay as is, and Warbringer is gone and replaced with a new ability called: intercept which has a 8-25 yard range, 30 sec cd, and stuns the target for 3 sec, and replaces Heroic Leap.

Boom that would be a huge help to wars

#23 kelminak

kelminak
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1834
  • RBG: 1465
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

This. Whenever my team is dying and look down at my spells to see what I can do to help them I realise I never even had anything in the first place.

This part makes me the saddest as well. "I need peels!!" Ok, I safeguarded you and thunderclapped to try to slow the-oh wait they're still on you. Well if you wait 20 seconds, I'll have a shockwave so hang on tight!!..... :(
Best of luck,
Kelm
Posted Image[list]

* Warrior players gravitate towards the spec that isn't complete ass, and Gladiator will be promptly raped to compensate for Warriors wanting to play the game

#24 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:02 AM

Losing disarm and charge stun put our ability to peel so far into the gutter its sick
Posted Image

#25 Djord

Djord
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Bloodfeather
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 1/2/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1618
  • 3v3: 1830
  • RBG: 1587

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:27 AM

Honestly what im find most anoying is that our mobility is now probably the worst in the game, in turns of arms atleast. No Overpower which has been loved by pretty much all Warriors was for 10 years, was replaced with the fucking clown WW as a single target dmg ability just as they were smart enough to remove it for arms in Wotlk (which imo was the best depth warrior ever had after 3.1) but decided to bring it back as a replacement for OP and heroic strike. OK?

Chargestun was op apparently yet i have never ever seen anyone complain about it, as you potentially traded dmg for utility. I really dont get this at all it's like they want to make Warriors the more bizzare and worst state it probably has ever been in.

WOTLK 3.1 was perfection imo could have just updated it with some tweeks and not completely overhaul us every expansion.
To succeed you have to stop being ordinary and be legen -wait for it- dary

#26 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

This part makes me the saddest as well. "I need peels!!" Ok, I safeguarded you and thunderclapped to try to slow the-oh wait they're still on you. Well if you wait 20 seconds, I'll have a shockwave so hang on tight!!..... :(

Who are you kidding? Even if I had the precious stun for peel instead of using it for the kill.

Ret laughes at you -> j/k, wings + freedom glyph
DK laughes at you -> j/k, IBF, DG, trinket... You trying to actually cc a DK? You baddie...
Rogue laughes at you -> Death from Above on 20 sec cd w/ cc immunity (Takes a bit of skill ok...), Feint w/ Elusiveness on demand then right back at my healer with burst of speed with another million ways to stop casting. Peel a rogue? Sure... I'll try :(
Feral laughes at you -> How do you peel a feral? but at least this beast can be stunned for a bit so I put em bottom in the list.

Warrior -> Just root this bad boy and you will see him using his best offensive cd aka "bladestorm" just to come out of root to be any helpful.

Even monk and enh sham have root breaker and immune to snare abilities on a shorter cd. Not saying they are any better than warrior tho.

Edited by irubuwrongtime, 05 December 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#27 civelli

civelli
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:10 AM

warrior is fine atm i hated the mongolid mop playstlye they just need to nerf the other melees rather than buff warriors

only changes i wish for:

- remove ww with a single target style just like ret has with crusader strike and the alternative aoe thing
- increase rage generation in defensive stance
-sweeping strikes not affecting ccd targets for example sheep.
-rework lvl 100 talents

Edited by civelli, 05 December 2014 - 01:12 AM.

#28 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:30 AM

warrior is fine atm i hated the mongolid mop playstlye they just need to nerf the other melees rather than buff warriors

only changes i wish for:

- remove ww with a single target style just like ret has with crusader strike and the alternative aoe thing
-rework lvl 100 talents

Can we not have a brainless Ret coming here in our forum and saying shit like warrior is fine? And laying out vague ideas as he has no clue how warrior should be played?

Also, "just need to nerf the other melees rather than buff warriors" is never happening cuz it's not the blizzard way of fixing things.

This mentality of "of hey everyone else is over the top you're fine", is so wrong and will never work, because blizzard has NEVER-EVER-EVER nerfed multiple specs to bring them inline with the rest; it's much easier to buff the rest.

And that's what should be done.

This... As much as I hate to agree with it, this is the fact.

#29 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:05 AM

only changes i wish for:

-rework lvl 100 talents

What the fuck are u on about? MoP was x10 less mongoloid - this is by far the most mongoloid state since bc. The ONLY thing you do and provide is damage ROFL

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#30 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:15 AM

Previous iteration of Arms had issues too, such as trivialization of signature moves (Overpower, Execute, MS) and overloading the kit with utility, thing that "plagued" us throughout the expansion.

#31 Capers

Capers
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1526
  • 3v3: 1850
  • 5v5: 192
  • RBG: 1678
  • LocationFlorida, U.S

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:22 AM

Previous iteration of Arms had issues too, such as trivialization of signature moves (Overpower, Execute, MS) and overloading the kit with utility, thing that "plagued" us throughout the expansion.

I'd rather be "plagued" with utility than have absolutely none lol.

#32 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:42 AM

huh? you trying to be sarcastic here? Go SMF so we can peel with piercing howl? :D

PH all the way!!

Warrior -> Just root this bad boy and you will see him using his best offensive cd aka "bladestorm" just to come out of root to be any helpful.

Actually just giving us the old safeguard back would change so much.
Killin' shit since 2004.

#33 aleksiy

aleksiy

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:57 AM

Would be nice to have rallying cry over last stand as glad and maybe demo shout reducing everyones damage not just on yourself. At least I'd feel like I was part of the team.

Safeguard breaking roots perhaps with a slightly increased cooldown so as to promote some decision making between being offensive or playing defensive?

Edited by aleksiy, 05 December 2014 - 03:05 AM.

#34 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:54 AM

I'd rather be "plagued" with utility than have absolutely none lol.

I'm all for happy mediums.
Still as of now it seems we're balanced on damage only.

#35 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

Losing disarm and charge stun put our ability to peel so far into the gutter its sick

How cool would that be if blizz gave back disarm as a unique warriors only cc.

Actually just giving us the old safeguard back would change so much.

I would rather them actually just make leap break roots tbh, having it on safeguard means we are forced into it on our t75 talents and we dont have much in terms of utility as is.

#36 Ngzlife

Ngzlife
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1487
  • 3v3: 1665

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

Id suggest something like this for arms, to make it a competative spec again...ofcourse not all of it, just some thoughts of changes that could be fun.

- Remove Dragon Roar and replace it with Intercept. Intercept to the target stunning it for 3 seconds, 30 seconds cooldown

- Buff Bladestorm and make it a finishing ability like it used to be, with 50% more damage increase. Increase it's cooldown to 1,5 min.

- Remove Colossum smash

- Gain 30 rage when using Shout, cooldown is now set at 20 seconds

- Rallying Cry also decreases damage taken by 25% for the duration

#37 Afantara

Afantara
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1771
  • 3v3: 1698
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:48 PM

Arms isn't even as bad as some are claiming tbh... and with the new hotfixes: http://blue.mmo-cham...xes-december-4/

I think we'll be -okay-.

Sure, it can use a slight tuneup, but slight at best imho

#38 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2105
  • 3v3: 2217
  • RBG: 1761

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

Id suggest something like this for arms, to make it a competative spec again...ofcourse not all of it, just some thoughts of changes that could be fun.

- Remove Dragon Roar and replace it with Intercept. Intercept to the target stunning it for 3 seconds, 30 seconds cooldown

- Buff Bladestorm and make it a finishing ability like it used to be, with 50% more damage increase. Increase it's cooldown to 1,5 min.

- Remove Colossum smash

- Gain 30 rage when using Shout, cooldown is now set at 20 seconds

- Rallying Cry also decreases damage taken by 25% for the duration

Actually I like where you put intercept, we lose shockwave/stormbolt but gain more mobility and 3s stun ;)

nvm shockwave too good

Edited by shunke, 05 December 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#39 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

Arms isn't even as bad as some are claiming tbh... and with the new hotfixes: http://blue.mmo-cham...xes-december-4/

I think we'll be -okay-.

Sure, it can use a slight tuneup, but slight at best imho

Yeah these hotfixes are truly pertinent to all our weaknesses.

Put down the crack pipe.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#40 Afantara

Afantara
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Fury 1/1/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1771
  • 3v3: 1698
  • RBG: 1629

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Yeah these hotfixes are truly pertinent to all our weaknesses.

Put down the crack pipe.

You're entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I don't think Arms is as bad as you're making it out to be. I think other classes were scaled too highly and those changes are a step in the right direction for balance.

Edited by Afantara, 05 December 2014 - 05:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<