#261 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:12 PM

It is already this way. You rend and rend again when there is less than 5 sec left and final burst detonate sooner. So it is nice to make a habit of refreshing rend on multiple targets when your main target rend is less than 5 sec left.

That's not "early" though and doesn't help whatsoever when trying to kill low HP shit like mushrooms, totems, void tendrils and whatnot.

I'd suggest:

Instead of a final tick, make Rend do that damage when applied but only when applied to a target that currently has no Rend applied or a Rend applied that has <5.4 seconds left.

Why?

It'd allow Arms to kill low HP shit within one GCD for some rage while not having a significant effect on DPS or your rotation overall(see: PvE). The requirement for the damage only to apply when there's no Rend or a short duration one on the target makes sure people don't just spam Rend instead of WW as a filler.

This would have an extremely minor effect on PvE (slight decrease in ramp up time) and thus should be easy for Blizzard to implement without having to fear about Arms dominating cleave fights even more.

Edited by Hidden, 23 December 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#262 Ezyo1000

Ezyo1000
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Fury 0/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1825
  • 3v3: 2333
  • RBG: 576

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:33 PM

That's not "early" though and doesn't help whatsoever when trying to kill low HP shit like mushrooms, totems, void tendrils and whatnot.

I'd suggest:

Instead of a final tick, make Rend do that damage when applied but only when applied to a target that currently has no Rend applied or a Rend applied that has <5.4 seconds left.

Why?

It'd allow Arms to kill low HP shit within one GCD for some rage while not having a significant effect on DPS or your rotation overall(see: PvE). The requirement for the damage only to apply when there's no Rend or a short duration one on the target makes sure people don't just spam Rend instead of WW as a filler.

This would have an extremely minor effect on PvE (slight decrease in ramp up time) and thus should be easy for Blizzard to implement without having to fear about Arms dominating cleave fights even more.

That could work, it dunno vlizz stance on a big hit with the bleed afterwards but my idea was basically to help arms like you said, but i guess its a more roundabout way of doing it because you Apply rend to the target then hit them again with rend to cause the burst early, you lose out on the sustained cleave but you get another ability to press

#263 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:55 PM

A single target low rage filler should be able to do the same thing. I do not get how blizzard dropped the bleed style play conjured with heavy hitting attacks. They say Deep wounds is boring. But tbh it is the only thing that helps MS becomming more powerful without making it too bursty.
Im not entirely sure if they should drop rend. I don't rlly mind of having to use it. But blizzard should have fit it in the rotation giving it a proc.
Tbh they didn't gut the spec entirely. It is just wrong they added rend without any reason to keep it up other then damage and made whirlwind our single target filler. First off i felt fine with it. But then they nerfed it by 30%. Now it hits so low it feels it doesn't even matter if you save rage for cs.

I felt i started the season out good. Ms did a huge deal of dmg. Then everyone geared up and some classes got buffed. Blizzard promised an Arms buff. Which didn't come at all. I guess its fine for a dps spec to be on par with tanks on single target. Obliterate, eviscerate, feralfuckbite and chimera shot are all more bursty then MS (even with CS applied) and all those specs have good hitting fillers compared to whirlwind due to it being balanced for aoe but without making it up with anything else on single target.

I did think it would be okay to be avg as a class. But tbh. Warrior is less then avg. My hopes were if our pvp dmg was higher then the hybrids it would be beneficial to bring a warrior. I was hoping Arms would be this scary melee spec with high spike damage that could be contained if cced/ peeled well.

But sadly during the beta they gutted MS and CS so much that even with full mastery it doesn't hit as impressive as it should. Execute is still this boss ability. But what does it matter if your opponent doesn't hit the 19% hp mark ever. Cause after every Ms they have enough time to pick someones or even their own health up again.

Edited by Pinka, 23 December 2014 - 10:01 PM.

Posted Image

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • LocationChicago

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

They just really need a new concept or design goal for Arms, big hits doesnt work in this type of game especially with them stating multiple times they don't want to have seperate coefficients for both pve and pvp.

Being avg would be fine except for the fact we have almost no utility anymore. If we had things like UA and Imp ham or even 50% MS we would have a better niche and things to actually do in the current design.

Make MS cause rend burst ticks, add OP procs from rend ticks (x%), OP shortens CD of MS, WW given the same treatment as Howling Blast, strong single target with weaker AOE component, single target affected by Mastery.
If the day does not require an AK; it is good.

#265 shunke

shunke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2105
  • 3v3: 2217
  • RBG: 1761

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:07 AM

So tomorrow weapons, what weapons i get? :) 1handers or 2hander.

#266 sbx

sbx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Blood 1/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2602
  • 3v3: 2606
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1820

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:39 AM

or even 50% MS

pls god

never again

#267 Structural

Structural
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

was in ashran on my warrior and ravager bladestormed the entire enemy group on the bridge. people will be very surprised by the state of warriors in ashran

#268 Drevi

Drevi
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 2167
  • 3v3: 1720
  • RBG: 1754

Posted 24 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

was in ashran on my warrior and ravager bladestormed the entire enemy group on the bridge. people will be very surprised by the state of warriors in ashran

Were the enemy dks afk?

#269 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

50% MS combined with imp hamstring would see warriors rise in popularity immensely, even if the spec is infuriating as balls to play

I really miss disarm. Now my peeling options consist of wasting my only gap closer flowered by my stun and fear. Fear was probably already used for CC so that's usually not an option.

One four second stun and a root. That's all we have god damnit, give us something. Even DKs have chillblains spam when needed. Perhaps change that stupid level 100 talent into imp hamstring? Even if it still replaced fear I'd be sooooo happy

Add in overpower with the old UA for a total of 50% MS and we'd be golden. Totally happy to spam whirlwind between CS, MS, and overpower procs. The increased MS when used on casting would add a decent skill gap back into the game, as juking UA was huge as fuck

Man, I think I just wet myself a bit at the possibilities of just adding these two simple things

Edited by Speedymart, 24 December 2014 - 10:50 AM.

Posted Image

#270 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:14 AM

Yeah, me too, I'd be so happy to play a 2010 class in 2014. And I'm not even sarcastic: it worked wonders.

#271 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

50% MS combined with imp hamstring would see warriors rise in popularity immensely, even if the spec is infuriating as balls to play

I really miss disarm. Now my peeling options consist of wasting my only gap closer flowered by my stun and fear. Fear was probably already used for CC so that's usually not an option.

One four second stun and a root. That's all we have god damnit, give us something. Even DKs have chillblains spam when needed. Perhaps change that stupid level 100 talent into imp hamstring? Even if it still replaced fear I'd be sooooo happy

Add in overpower with the old UA for a total of 50% MS and we'd be golden. Totally happy to spam whirlwind between CS, MS, and overpower procs. The increased MS when used on casting would add a decent skill gap back into the game, as juking UA was huge as fuck

Man, I think I just wet myself a bit at the possibilities of just adding these two simple things

You are actually braindead.

Yeah, me too, I'd be so happy to play a 2010 class in 2014. And I'm not even sarcastic: it worked wonders.

Remove burst of speed , druids shapeshifting hamstrings and charge roots , ret double freedoming and emancipatig every second and your tools would be up to date?

Edited by sarma, 24 December 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

#272 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

double post

Edited by sarma, 24 December 2014 - 12:08 PM.

Posted Image

#273 Varimithrax

Varimithrax

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:56 PM

50% MS would be awesome. Give warriors something unique again! Small changes would make a massive difference to making the class a hell of a lot funner.

#274 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 24 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hi Holinka!
Posted Image

#275 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:07 PM

50% MS would be awesome. Give warriors something unique again! Small changes would make a massive difference to making the class a hell of a lot funner.

This won't fly in the current meta. It just won't happen.

#276 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 24 December 2014 - 03:29 PM

Remove burst of speed , druids shapeshifting hamstrings and charge roots , ret double freedoming and emancipatig every second and your tools would be up to date?

Maybe at an uptime level. Damage wouldn't be there.
Just imagine: starting tomorrow you don't have Pestilence anymore, Plague Strike does no damage but still applies dots and your RP spender is Blood Boil.
You won't be touched because BB breaks PvE aoe fights and giving you more st damage would break the spec completely.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe, unpeelable Robin Hoods heal 2% of their health per second without pressing jackshit. And you get outrun by backpedalers with the glyph of I can't even remember the name.

Class design wasn't over after the removal of its core kit, issues are far beyond mobility.

#277 Varimithrax

Varimithrax

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

This won't fly in the current meta. It just won't happen.

No not at all, but maybe a stronger MS than other classes? Maybe not even that, but something to give warriors more of a defining aspect again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<