• Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/0/1/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 861
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

So I returned to WoW for the expansion after 3 years off and decided to roll a resto druid. I played a resto shaman during Cataclysm up to only about 2k, so I figured I'd have a decent knowledge base to play a healer. I am having an extremely time surviving against the insane amount of burst damage out there right now.

http://us.battle.net...us/Kasac/simple

My main threats are Ret Paladins Feral Druids and Glad Warriors. Occasionally I will get (effectively) one shot by a Mage or a DK, but I'm a bit less concerned there. Shadow Priests ruin my day pretty well too.

Typically I come out stealthed and after my first cyclone all dps switches to me immediately. If they get an initial stun off and aren't got awful I lose right there. First stun I wait out, if there's a second stun I have to trinket and pop a defensive cd. Half the time this works, I survive until the wave of burst; the other half I am either silenced or recieve a third stun and it is a guaranteed death. (Quite a few times I've been burst down in tree form.)
I know part of my issue is I get caught trying to switch pillars when my dps runs out of range, but I don't feel like that should immediately guarantee that I lose the game.

How are other healers getting past this? Should I avoid changing pillars at all cost? Should my partner be doing more to peel them off me?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second issue I'm running into is teams that do a lot of pressure on everyone. Something like a moonkin or an affliction lock (seen a few DKs that did this well too). I can't los because they switch to my partner and burst him down, but if I come out for more than one or two globals my entire team is down to 35% health.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final note I noticed I wasn't using typhoon often and noticed a lot of people are playing with Faerie Swarm, but unless I'm fighting a rogue or feral I don't feel like it's all that useful either. What are the thoughts on Mass Entanglment?

Lots of questions I know.
Thanks in advance.

#2 Miixzy

Miixzy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Exodar
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2896
  • RBG: 2090

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:45 AM

it's really situational surviving as a resto druid and healing through aoe pressure you should just watch streams tbh. and faerie swarm is great for just delaying the enemies movements.. but yeah watching streams is by far the best thing to do if you wanna learn how to manage your globals / position / basically everything. it's hard to give specific advice=) besides like, don't random skins / don't random trinket / don't fake yourself to death etc.. but it's really mostly situational.

#3 Kasac

Kasac
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

Who are the healers (preferably but not necessarily druids) that I should look into? I know Sodaz is a great healer and I was watching Doomsen last night, but those are the only two I know off hand.

#4 Miixzy

Miixzy
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Exodar
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1356
  • 3v3: 2896
  • RBG: 2090

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:52 AM

Who are the healers (preferably but not necessarily druids) that I should look into? I know Sodaz is a great healer and I was watching Doomsen last night, but those are the only two I know off hand.

minpojke/baten/rynd I guess

#5 Kasac

Kasac
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:54 AM

Awesome thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Resto Druid, RDruid, 2s, Healer, Burst

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<