• EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2207
  • 3v3: 3113
  • 5v5: 1440
  • RBG: 2429

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hey guys Sadstory here, I will be telling you what talents, glyphs, and stat priority I will use.

Talents:
- Spectral Guise
- Angelic Feather
- Surge of Darkness
- Psychic Scream
- Shadowy Insight
- Halo
- Clarity of Power

Surge of Darkness:
I like 'Surge of Darkness' still because you get alot of procs from your devouring plague and from vampiric touch, so in my opinion with the state of the game atm I want to have as many instants as possible. Insanity is not bad, but with the amount of melee in the game you'll have a hard time getting it off. With the stat priority I'm running, it's better to have 'Surge of Darkness'.

Halo:
The level 90 talents are pretty bad, so I would take halo it's not mana consuming and the other talents are just worse.

Clarity of Power:
This talent combined with the glyph (Glyph of Mind Harvest) is just so strong atm, I like to have instant mind blasts that give 3 orbs and if you keep track of which targets you haven't hit with mind blast you can keep it up for a long time. Also don't forget totems and pets generate 3 orbs too from being mind blasted. If you kill a pet and he resummons it you get another 3 orbs. Same goes for defensive abilities like 'Cloak of Shadows, Ice block, Divine Shield' There are probably other abilities that reset the 'Glyph of Mind Harvest'.

Major Glyphs:
- Glyph of Mind Harvest
- Glyph of Fade
- Glyph of Psychic Horror
- Glyph of Weakened Soul

'Glyph of Mind Harvest' is a must for the talent / stat priority I'm currently playing. The other 3 glyphs you can mess around with.

Stat Priority:
Intellect > Spell Power > Multistrike > Critical Strike > Haste > Versatility > Mastery.

My friend did the math, so don't blame me. I trust my friend and so should you lol.

If you have any other questions regarding Shadow Priest in WoD, you can just leave a comment or send me a private msg.

#2 Kansas

Kansas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Muradin
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Demonology

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

Yes I prefer pi to shadowy insight. I think it's way better when going for a kill the proc rate on SI also with the low cooldown on man already makes up a better choice. What do you think. Also you don't like the intervene glyph? I find it's pretty useful

#3 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:58 PM

Pi is a very long cd, and at the start of the game SI procs won't really matter that much, but later on the game when you actually run out of targets to hit to get 3 orbs, you'll like having the extra mindblast procs. ^^ And the intervene glyph, I'm not sure about it I haven't really tried it out but I think it's better that I can grip my healer away from melee's etc etc.

#4 SZATOO

SZATOO
  • Members

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

Glyph of mind Harvest vs all comps or vs shaman only?

#5 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:28 PM

Glyph of Mind harvest vs all comps atm I would say.

#6 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 December 2014 - 02:33 PM

Not sure if I want to mind blast random targets just to get more devouring plagues... what comp are you gonna run with this spec of yours?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#7 Cantbemilked

Cantbemilked
  • Members

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:46 PM

Why multi strike when it only procs once in pvp ?

#8 Kansas

Kansas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Muradin
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:58 PM

Yeah, I have to say I disagree with mind harvest against really defensive heavy comps because if you don't get a kill in the first 3 Dp's your glyph of mind harvest is just hurting you with increased cd. The mind blast crit root is really good against melee comps who train you. Mind harvest is really good to blow defensive CDs but I think there is situations where you need glyph of mb

#9 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:21 PM

Yeah, I have to say I disagree with mind harvest against really defensive heavy comps because if you don't get a kill in the first 3 Dp's your glyph of mind harvest is just hurting you with increased cd. The mind blast crit root is really good against melee comps who train you. Mind harvest is really good to blow defensive CDs but I think there is situations where you need glyph of mb

I just mentioned that you can minblast more then 3 targets in a 3v3 scenario. Like please read before you disagree. (:

#10 zkype

zkype
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1781

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Against shaman teams I would use Mind Harvest 100% of the time, otherwise I feel it could limit you alot!

But this is a really great guide, nice to see another top players view on SPs!

Edited by zkype, 01 December 2014 - 04:26 PM.

crazier than a bag of fucking angel dust

#11 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:25 PM

Not sure if I want to mind blast random targets just to get more devouring plagues... what comp are you gonna run with this spec of yours?

I will run sp / melee / healer most likely. I find that sp / dk / hpala is really strong atm and you just don't randomly mind blast different targets to get dp's out. You do it for psychic horror into fear into silence. That's a 4s+6s+5s (total of 15s) cc chain that you can do every 45 sec. When you psychic horror with the 4p set you also get your orbs back over 6 secs, so 1 orb every 2 secs. Which allows you to burst and cc at the same time.

Just as a not I will also try to play some fireplay because right now that's my signature comp seeing as I went to blizzcon with it.

Edited by Sadstory1337, 01 December 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#12 Claritycraftz

Claritycraftz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2169
  • 3v3: 2695
  • RBG: 1862

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

What's up with going crit as CoP?

Edited by Claritycraftz, 01 December 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#13 Kansas

Kansas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Muradin
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

I just mentioned that you can minblast more then 3 targets in a 3v3 scenario. Like please read before you disagree. (:

I did read it but that's not for every comp which is why I said its situational against some comps. You please read before you comment :)

#14 Jonatan

Jonatan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1794
  • 3v3: 2408
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1782
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:37 PM

What wepond are you going for ? Is it a big - using offhand and mace over staff?

#15 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:42 PM

umm have you played live? have you realized how extremely unreliable root glyph is? lol. Praying the glyph will work while youre being trained is like praying a gun will backfire when someone is shooting at you. lol

I could be wrong.. but if youre using CoP im pretty sure that if you use mind harvest, MB's cd is only 6 seconds. which is baseline. You still get the benefit of instant MB. Also, first 3 (not including pets or targets that have reset abilities such as cloak or bubble) give 3 orbs. With 4 pc bonus, you can set up some REALLY good CC into bust. I dont even main Spriest and have figured this out. lol. Only play it in 2s.

main target MB-->Main target Dp -->Focus MB-->Focus PH--> Focus silence -->Main target MB (1 orb) --> DP(with orbs regained from 4pc) -->Focus Fear ----> only used 2 targets there, so still have a fresh 3 orb target (can again DP or DR PH for orb return into another DP)

Edited by Clamnesia, 01 December 2014 - 04:58 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#16 Kansas

Kansas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Muradin
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:20 PM

umm have you played live? have you realized how extremely unreliable root glyph is? lol. Praying the glyph will work while youre being trained is like praying a gun will backfire when someone is shooting at you. lol

I could be wrong.. but if youre using CoP im pretty sure that if you use mind harvest, MB's cd is only 6 seconds. which is baseline. You still get the benefit of instant MB. Also, first 3 (not including pets or targets that have reset abilities such as cloak or bubble) give 3 orbs. With 4 pc bonus, you can set up some REALLY good CC into bust. I dont even main Spriest and have figured this out. lol. Only play it in 2s.

main target MB-->Main target Dp -->Focus MB-->Focus PH--> Focus silence -->Main target MB (1 orb) --> DP(with orbs regained from 4pc) -->Focus Fear ----> only used 2 targets there, so still have a fresh 3 orb target (can again DP or DR PH for orb return into another DP)

I realize, again, that it's an amazing glyph and I use it all the time. I'm not saying it's bad at all. I'm saying it can end up hurting you against SOME comps. And your little scenario is good in a perfect world but you see you use all those ablilities and get 2/3 of your mind harvests out and if they are heavy cc or heavy in defensives then when you are out of all your harvests you are stuck with a 3 sec longer cd on mb. And I wasn't saying by any means you are relying on the root just saying it helps when it goes off. It seems like a lot of classes are playing around proc rotations anyway. You really need to think about what I'm saying before posting. I'm not saying it's bad I'm not saying you guys are 100% wrong I'm saying in some cases it's less benifital

#17 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:29 PM

I realize, again, that it's an amazing glyph and I use it all the time. I'm not saying it's bad at all. I'm saying it can end up hurting you against SOME comps. And your little scenario is good in a perfect world but you see you use all those ablilities and get 2/3 of your mind harvests out and if they are heavy cc or heavy in defensives then when you are out of all your harvests you are stuck with a 3 sec longer cd on mb. And I wasn't saying by any means you are relying on the root just saying it helps when it goes off. It seems like a lot of classes are playing around proc rotations anyway. You really need to think about what I'm saying before posting. I'm not saying it's bad I'm not saying you guys are 100% wrong I'm saying in some cases it's less benifital

I know exactly what youre saying.. Im just saying i dont see any scenario where its less beneficial, realistically. Even in a scenario where you would THINK its not that beneficial, it actually is VERY, as long as you manage it well. 4 pc bonus ensures its usefulness. The fact that i can get 6 orbs off of ONE target in 6 seconds sounds very attractive. It doesnt even have to be a perfect world to pull any of that off.. You just have to manage it well and keep up with it. It also takes come coordination and communication with partners, which is good. Please add as much skill and thought to the game as possible.

And lets be honest here, what comp doesnt have SOME kind of pet that is up at least a decent amount of time during the game?

Lock - pet
hunter - pet
Dk- TWO pets unless frost i guess
Monk - Xuen or copies or healing statue thing
Shaman- totems and eles
priest - Shadowfiend, can also maybe use on the distraction after guise for 3
Rogue - Copy / use after every cloak
Warrior - nothing but i think ou can get 3 orbs from hitting yourself after reflect
Druid - treants / Resto- nothing i guess
Mage - pet or mirrors
Paladin - nothing but usable again after bubble.

Thats all 11 classes. Can you show me a comp of 3 people that is viable where NOTHING on the team will have SOME type of pet for a decent portion of the game? I can only think of 1. Frost DK TREESG.

Just sayin. lol

Edited by Clamnesia, 01 December 2014 - 05:41 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#18 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 01 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

I could be wrong.. but if youre using CoP im pretty sure that if you use mind harvest, MB's cd is only 6 seconds.

the glyph adds in another 6 seconds to the cooldown. right now outside the arena (ilvl620) with 10.75% haste my mb cd is 5.42, with mind harvest it goes up to 10.8.

You do it for psychic horror into fear into silence. That's a 4s+6s+5s (total of 15s) cc chain that you can do every 45 sec.

Good idea. PH's cd is already 45 though, is the glyph really necessary?

have you realized how extremely unreliable root glyph is? lol.

if you take crit as your first secondary stat and cast MB twice as much, it's not that bad. ilvl700+ inside the arena do work. Plus you don't take it to save your life, you take it as an added bonus. It's really good to get 3 orbs off a single MB, but so is getting a 4s root randomly.

Edited by Kelberot, 01 December 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Kansas

Kansas
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Muradin
  • Vengeance

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

I know exactly what youre saying.. Im just saying i dont see any scenario where its less beneficial, realistically. Even in a scenario where you would THINK its not that beneficial, it actually is VERY, as long as you manage it well. 4 pc bonus ensures its usefulness. The fact that i can get 6 orbs off of ONE target in 6 seconds sounds very attractive. It doesnt even have to be a perfect world to pull any of that off.. You just have to manage it well and keep up with it. It also takes come coordination and communication with partners, which is good. Please add as much skill and thought to the game as possible.

And lets be honest here, what comp doesnt have SOME kind of pet that is up at least a decent amount of time during the game?

Lock - pet
hunter - pet
Dk- TWO pets unless frost i guess
Monk - Xuen or copies or healing statue thing
Shaman- totems and eles
priest - Shadowfiend, can also maybe use on the distraction after guise for 3
Rogue - Copy / use after every cloak
Warrior - nothing but i think ou can get 3 orbs from hitting yourself after reflect
Druid - treants / Resto- nothing i guess
Mage - pet or mirrors
Paladin - nothing but usable again after bubble.

Thats all 11 classes. Can you show me a comp of 3 people that is viable where NOTHING on the team will have SOME type of pet for a decent portion of the game? I can only think of 1. Frost DK TREESG.

Just sayin. lol

Okay here is one just off the top of my head where it wouldn't be better and I can think of many more. Feral, rogue, and priest. And I know you are just dying to point out I'm wrong and that you get more price from resets and psycfiend but think of it like this, how long are those cooldowns? I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head but it's long enough to where if you didn't have the glyph you could get out SOO many more MBs and get even more orbs over time and letting you get mind blast root glyph to keep one of them off you time to time. Yeah a lot of classes might have pets and stuff to get extra procs but a lot of those you mentioned are cooldowns that are long enough to not matter because with the reduced cd you can get more orbs in the long run.

#20 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:01 PM

the glyph adds in another 6 seconds to the cooldown. right now outside the arena (ilvl620) with 10.75% haste my mb cd is 5.42, with mind harvest it goes up to 10.8.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]
Good idea. PH's cd is already 45 though, is the glyph really necessary?

if you take crit as your first secondary stat and cast MB twice as much, it's not that bad. ilvl700+ inside the arena do work. Plus you don't take it to save your life, you take it as an added bonus. It's really good to get 3 orbs off a single MB, but so is getting a 4s root randomly.

Youre using Clarity of power right? Did you take the CD reduction from it into consideration? =]

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow, Priest, Stats, Sadstory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<