• Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1749
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

You set your keybinds so that you can easily hit spells in specific orders right?

So ...... why don't we make out what those events are. What order do you hit your buttons in. The PVE guys do it, so why can't we?

I'm not talking DPS rotations or stat priorities.

I mean like, every single paladin obviously is going to cast some sort of heal after he bubbles...

OR

you might want to make a cast sequence macro with Hand of Freedom and Speed of Light?

Idea's like those ^ can improve our gameplay, minisculely, but in large quantities.

Blizzard does this everyday. Think about the mage ice block glyph where it casts frost nova upon exiting the block.... Blizzard optimized their gameplay and realized that any idiot mage is going to frost nova after he ice blocks so they just wrapped it all up into one. (A.K.A. a cast sequence macro on blizzard's end)

Lets make 4 macro's for all the different spells I cast after bubble, pretty sure I can press the next button within the gcd, and if I couldn't I would stop stacking haste

#62 Darkrizen

Darkrizen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 1619
  • RBG: 1739

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:26 AM

Lets make 4 macro's for all the different spells I cast after bubble, pretty sure I can press the next button within the gcd, and if I couldn't I would stop stacking haste

I totally understand what you mean. It can be quite the hinderance to have four macros for your bubble. But that's a little exaggerated. Now what I really want to make is a macro to Sacred Shield party 1-3 in one button.

You could then take that and apply it to party 1-10 in RBG's to try to maximize your shield uptime on as many targets as possible.

Edited by Darkrizen, 16 April 2015 - 03:29 AM.

#63 abolishedtehe

abolishedtehe
  • Aboballsack
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Elemental
  • 2v2: 1408
  • 3v3: 2917
  • 5v5: 671
  • RBG: 1741

Posted 16 April 2015 - 04:12 AM

scrolled down, seen the xbox controller and then instantly facepalmed. +rep cause it looks like it took time and effort doe.

#64 Leryske

Leryske

Posted 16 April 2015 - 09:26 AM

Wall of text.. I'm trying to read all..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#65 washboardabsx

washboardabsx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 2/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1023
  • 3v3: 96
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1714

Posted 20 April 2015 - 03:00 AM

I came to paladin forums to check out paladin 6.2 updates. I leave a new man.

#66 Darkrizen

Darkrizen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 1619
  • RBG: 1739

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:50 AM

One day I'm going to finish tidying this content up. Todo:

1. TLDR or an abstract.
2. Post my already edited version of this in .doc format.
3. Convert the .doc to an html format.
4. Add more paladin tips and tricks, hopefully the boys (Borngood, Karvinen, Felorea, Versacexo, and Elitexd) can work with me to create an advanced holy paladin guide.
5. Video footage of positioning in each specific arena.
6. Explain my macros, rofl.
7. How to heal against Warlocks.
8. Teach you guys how to shockadin, for most optimal dps (I was just 2nd on recount on the second boss of HM in LFR -- as holy. (And how to dps without pissing off your teammates.
9. Managing your partners defensive cool downs for them.
10. Naga setup for hpal key bindings & accurately determine what bindings require the least amount of finger distance traveled. Note this changes against different comps, so I will start collecting data with Atrox arena viewer and TrufiGCD to measure each GCD, against comps populated according to the blizzard arena ladder class composition and arenamate.net's live tracking to determine most popular comps. <3 Graph theory & the P v. NP complete set (Google traveling salesman problem).

Academic WoW rigor. Woohoo! (One day maybe, lots of work left and I have many unanswered questions--that haven't been brought up in the WoW community before.

Edited by Darkrizen, 01 June 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#67 TaKnemdwn

TaKnemdwn
  • Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:36 AM

Idk about you guys but I only need two binds for movement on my keyboard, those are strafe left and straight right. S, F respectively. Since my pinky or modifier finger sits on A naturally with this set-up, it becomes the most efficient key for an interrupt, silence, incap... over the years i've switched many abilities in this slot but I've found two that work great. As a healer that's my dispel with modifiers depending on party and as a dps my main CC, ie Shadow Priest: Fear. Since my middle finger is resting on D with this set-up, movement becoming ever so important in dominating openents i found that its the best to put some sort of speed increase, displacement, or freedom ability. Ex: Priest: Feathers , Ret: Emancipate, Rogue: BoS, War: Leap, etc

Learning to move exclusively with your mouse buttons (pressing both down to move forward, or having an autorun key) and just using the strafe buttons has really opened up my keyboard and streamlined my DPS. Moving efficiently is one of the biggest DPS gains I have ever achieved. I have never found cast sequences to work effectively, in any scenario except maybe leveling on mobs.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Cast Sequence Macros, Keybinds, Macros, Holy Paladin, Modifiers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<