#82 Numbtoes

Numbtoes
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Feral

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:45 PM

Ooooo that Medallion is nice. Now I wont feel so bad for not being human.

#83 Schmeebs

Schmeebs
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Deathwing
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/1
  • 3v3: 1546
  • RBG: 1903

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Yeah, now that I have dwelled myself deeper into things, I realised that it's impossible to get that much crit.
Eventhough noxxic says *quoting*:
"As Frost, thanks to Shatter, you can reach a high effective Crit rate with less Crit from gear. At 36.33% Crit, you will have an effective crit chance of 100% with Ice Lance + Fingers of Frost and Frostfire Bolt + Brain Freeze."

Don't ask me why it's 36.33% and not 33.33%, I don't feel like getting into the math right now, but either way we will never get that much.
As I mentioned above, I have just started PvP ing in WoD and up until it there was (I think) always a crit cap. :P
New stuf wheeee!
Also nowadays everyone's talking about how one should never listen to noxxic and that it's just full of taurencrap. :huh: Seems about right.

That's from the PVE guide, bosses in pve (or any mob with higher level than you) have 1% crit suppression per level.

#84 zeevo

zeevo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane 1/1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • 3v3: 2179
  • RBG: 576

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:47 PM

New trinkets are up on PTR, and they're kind of insane:

That +versitility trinket makes me less sad about being horde, as I don't think Every Man for Himself is going to be that strong anymore. Maybe more people will transfer over :D

#85 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 1849
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 02 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

That +versitility trinket makes me less sad about being horde, as I don't think Every Man for Himself is going to be that strong anymore. Maybe more people will transfer over :D

Yeah the damage gap is significantly closer, around 11k or so on i5 nova crits with everything popped. The proc trinket brings that gap down to 10k. The flip side to that coin is that non-humans take a little less damage from the +386 Versatility.

#86 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire
  • 2v2: 1030
  • 3v3: 3123
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 07 February 2015 - 05:08 AM

Hey all, I've been in Thailand working for about a month, updating the guide after 6.1 hits live!

Sorry for not answering questions etc, I'll get to it when I get back home.

#87 Abendschein

Abendschein
  • LocationRochester, New York

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

I'm still not human, and granted I'm retarded and I'm playing ele/mage/X, but with the change to Medallian giving a useful stat, any non-humans thinking of going damage trinket + medallian instead of 2x damage trinket against non-rogue teams?
I'm still learning. ^_^

#88 Abendschein

Abendschein
  • LocationRochester, New York

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

I know a lot of non-humans run 2x damage trinkets unless against a rogue team. Think most of us will change over now because of the +versa on medallian? I'm not sure what I want to do yet, because the trinket buffs make it really hard to pass up and change the way we play.
I'm still learning. ^_^

#89 zeevo

zeevo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Arcane 1/1/0/2/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1734
  • 3v3: 2179
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

I know a lot of non-humans run 2x damage trinkets unless against a rogue team. Think most of us will change over now because of the +versa on medallian? I'm not sure what I want to do yet, because the trinket buffs make it really hard to pass up and change the way we play.

I currently use the medallion even as a blood elf in almost all games (except certain 2s games). I think the current playstyle of a mage makes it so you only really need the on-use trinket anyway because all your dmg is in bursts. The change to the medallion is just makes it all around better to use it and a pretty big buff to non-humans.

#90 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 1849
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

Comet Storm buffed on PTR:
Talents
  • Comet Storm Calls down a series of 7 icy comets on and around the target, each of which does [ 1 + 51.6% of Spell Power 1;] Frost damage, split between all enemies within 4 yards of its impact point. Mage - LvL 100 Talent. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

1:1 Ratio is actually huge, almost doubles the damage and now we can force 7 crits but casting into Deep. Spreadsheet in sig updated!

#91 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:07 PM

Comet Storm buffed on PTR:
Talents

• Comet Storm Calls down a series of 7 icy comets on and around the target, each of which does [ 1 + 51.6% of Spell Power 1;] Frost damage, split between all enemies within 4 yards of its impact point. Mage - LvL 100 Talent. 1% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.

1:1 Ratio is actually huge, almost doubles the damage and now we can force 7 crits but casting into Deep. Spreadsheet in sig updated!

what does this even mean? Does it do 1 damage per comet? :P
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#92 rwlolcurse

rwlolcurse
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Свежеватель Душ
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Affliction ./././././0/.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

what does this even mean? Does it do 1 damage per comet? :P

well according to math its was X + some positive number before, now its just X. More like a nerf

Update: Nvm just checked tooltip on wowhead for last ptr build. Dmg was doubled for each commet :)
in b4 frostbolt+frostbolt+comet+icenova shater for 150k

#93 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:15 AM

And once again we got mongo, unavoidable, instant damage en masse...

Bit sad, not gonna lie, was hoping for the comeback of casting with 6.1, probably won't play out that way though!

#94 flerbu

flerbu
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2203
  • 3v3: 2552
  • 5v5: 2124
  • RBG: 2006

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:08 PM

are you guys gonna use the new 4set?

#95 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 18 February 2015 - 06:46 PM

Yup!

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

#96 Sheepz

Sheepz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/.
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:02 PM

About stats for frost mages... I've read that we must go with Multistrike, some people say haste... What's the "correct" thing, and why?
Damn russians invades a lot nowdays. Ukraine was fine, but dont touch my fucking pvp ladder! - Stevethedk, russian lover

#97 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

are you guys gonna use the new 4set?

with great regret, because you lose a ton of haste/multistrike, and gain a ton of useless (in comparison) mastery, but yea it probably is too good of a 4 set to pass up on

if they switched the 2 set and the 4 set around, that would have been ideal - tier gloves and legs have bis stats anyway, and then 3 offpiece haste items since the cone of cold snare set bonus will most likely be quite useless :( but blizzard unfortunately this expansion seems quite keen on gating awesome 4 set bonuses behind awful 2 set bonuses - frost mage current pvp and pve sets being the best example

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 23 February 2015 - 05:19 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#98 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:50 PM

Quick rundown of new stat prios (IMO): Haste >= Versatility > Multistrike >= Crit > Mastery in general, but it's also comp dependant (in some setups you want more haste, in others more versa etc etc). For weapon enchant, I still run haste on both of my mages (http://eu.battle.net...onedad/advanced and http://eu.battle.net...Leekzy/advanced)

Is this still accurate? Seems to be the case but some small variety on some mages I have been looking at. Probably just going with whatever has dropped from Ashran boxes though!
Spoiler

worst terran eu

#99 spelgubbe

spelgubbe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1559
  • 3v3: 2683
  • RBG: 1710

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:54 PM

It feels like Haste > mastery > multistrike > versatility
It is yet to be scientifically proven though
Fixed an issue during the Murozond encounter that could affect Death Knights and cause their Anti-Magic Shell ability to go on a slightly longer than intended 12-day cooldown.

#100 Marathi

Marathi
  • Members
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:13 PM

Yea I see some people preferring Mastery over Multistrike and there's a lot of items with either or. I think I'll just keep hold of both variants until the outcome is determined!
Spoiler

worst terran eu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<