• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 29 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

WHEN not if, there's no way the current ones are going to stick

famous last words :D

but yea when they start looking at what to change i'm pretty sure that will be one of the first things on the list

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#62 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 30 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

Hey there!

Haste is indeed superior in sub-RMD imo, just feels way better. We peaked out at 2685ish CR and 2715 MMR as sub-RMD so far, the comp is definately viable, but playing with a combat is probably +150 rating, although contracting aids this early in my life is not an option so I won't play it -_- ...

Gonna give haste a shot :) It feels like it scales good percentage wise too. The reason I was still committing to multistrike is the times people survive with 5-10% HP left..

Anyway, I might update the experience with full haste =]

Edit: Haste is going pretty solid, getting those needed poly's or ring of frosts out is win. Didnt really notice a lower dmg in burst, still dropping everybody when needed.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by watchmepwn, 04 January 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#63 LotsOfBurst

LotsOfBurst
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1323
  • 3v3: 2793
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1689

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:51 PM

the information is good +1, glyph of icy veins works really well with Crystal even after the nerfs.

#64 malow

malow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 10 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

According to MMO-Champion these are the new mage pvp set bonuses on the 6.1 PTR:
  • Item - Mage WoD PvP Frost 2P Bonus (New) When you cast Cone of Cold, a patch of ice is left on the ground below the target area for 6 sec, slowing any enemies in the area by 50%.
  • Item - Mage WoD PvP Frost 4P Bonus (New) Frostbolt deals 30% increased damage to snared targets.
Do we go for 4-set bonus with these?

#65 leek

leek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire
  • 2v2: 1030
  • 3v3: 3123
  • RBG: 1524

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

According to MMO-Champion these are the new mage pvp set bonuses on the 6.1 PTR:

• Item - Mage WoD PvP Frost 2P Bonus (New) When you cast Cone of Cold, a patch of ice is left on the ground below the target area for 6 sec, slowing any enemies in the area by 50%.
  • Item - Mage WoD PvP Frost 4P Bonus (New) Frostbolt deals 30% increased damage to snared targets.
Do we go for 4-set bonus with these?

Yes, I will for sure!

6.1 is coming in 3-7 weeks (they said they would release Blackrock Foundry in February, and that's going to be 6.1) and I will be skipping it until then because I have a lot of points, otherwise you should get 4piece with the Haste/Versatility reputation head!

#66 malow

malow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 11 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

Yes, I will for sure!

6.1 is coming in 3-7 weeks (they said they would release Blackrock Foundry in February, and that's going to be 6.1) and I will be skipping it until then because I have a lot of points, otherwise you should get 4piece with the Haste/Versatility reputation head!

Cool thanks. Are you sure about 6.1 being BRF though? From what I've read there's indications that BRF will be released before 6.1 is, which could mean that 6.1 is further away than 3-7 weeks.

#67 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

Here's something you could add to the description of flameglow to give people an idea of its effectiveness:

Numbers at 6000 Spell Power:

http://fooplot.com/#...DUwLDQwMF19XQ--

X-axis= Damage taken
Y-axis= % absorbed.

Graph obviously starts at 6000dmg, since before that it'll always be 30% (wasn't sure how to immediatly map that in).
Posted Image

#68 malow

malow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:14 AM

Hey, what's your opinion on the 690 legendary ring?
www.wow head.com/item=118301/spellbound-solium-band-of-the-kirin-tor
(can't post links yet :()

Is it better than the 660 epic rings? If so which one would you replace for it? Prowess or Cruelty?

If it is indeed better than a PvP ring, if I'm forced to using +50 mastery enchant on the ring due to PvE reasons, is it still better?

#69 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

Hey, what's your opinion on the 690 legendary ring?
www.wow head.com/item=118301/spellbound-solium-band-of-the-kirin-tor
(can't post links yet :()

Is it better than the 660 epic rings? If so which one would you replace for it? Prowess or Cruelty?

If it is indeed better than a PvP ring, if I'm forced to using +50 mastery enchant on the ring due to PvE reasons, is it still better?

the versatility on it does not make up for mastery which is our worst stat by far, so no

and especially not if you are playing arcane in pve so have it enchanted with mastery

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#70 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 1849
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 17 January 2015 - 04:40 AM

Does the Proc work in arenas? If so, worth it. If not, well... I suppose it'd be good if you were arcane :P

Maybe PoM Poly in 6.1 makes it playable? Doubtful, but we'll see.

#71 Cempa

Cempa
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1670

Posted 18 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

Hi,

In your guide you recommend Multistrike but your armory you enchant Hatse, what changed ?
Also, Female Dwarf? Really? But seriously whay ?

#72 Charred

Charred
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2120
  • 3v3: 1663
  • RBG: 1793
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

Does the Proc work in arenas? If so, worth it. If not, well... I suppose it'd be good if you were arcane :P

Maybe PoM Poly in 6.1 makes it playable? Doubtful, but we'll see.

Proc doesn't work in arena.

Hi,

In your guide you recommend Multistrike but your armory you enchant Hatse, what changed ?
Also, Female Dwarf? Really? But seriously whay ?

They nerfed how multistrike works in arena.

Pretty sure mage statprio now looks as follows:

1) Haste till 10%
2) Haste or Versatility (personal pref)
3) Versatility or Haste
4) Multistrike
5) Mastery
6) Crit
Posted Image

• Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fire 1/2/0/1/2/2/2

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:29 AM

Are you skipping Multistike because the dmg isnt that good? I mean its suppose to be the best stat. And im doing pretty good dmg with multistrike as main stat with Ice Lances and I do get them often.

#74 Mawky

Mawky
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Mal'Ganis
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 2145
  • 3v3: 2529
  • RBG: 1675

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:56 AM

simplified: your job is to survive and cc + give a bit of dmg from 2xIN (+ministun) the rest of the dmg does your rogue.

multistrike aint bad but versatility and haste just do such a great job to increase your overall cc and survivability.

When the guide was originally written Multistrike + Crystall gave you a shitton of dmg (So you tried to increase that one glorious Wambojombocombo), but Crystall does reduced dmg from multistrikeprocs and stuff now.

#75 Myriem

Myriem
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 909

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:17 AM

Hello there! :)

I'd like to start off with saying how I appreciate making this thread, giving me (and I guess a lot of other people) a fair amount of hints on how to start PvP'ing in WoD. :heart:
I have played since vanilla on my mage, had Lieutenant Commander rank back there, was pretty high ranked in S1 when TBC came out and played loads of PvP ever since in every expansion, so I have a lot of experience but changes in WoD confused me a bit and I have just returned after quite a long WoW-break... got my mage on 100 now and just started PvP-ing.
(*feels kinda newbie atm.*) :confused:

- So (maybe) a rather newbish question: do we have or can we get to a crit cap now as in previous expansions as I have yet to see this mentioned? If so what is the % currently with shatter?
- As I checked the latest thread posts AND your armory profile, seems like Haste > Multistrike is more of the current meta, so shall I just get all the items with haste (+versatility if possible as 2nd most important stat (?)) and stack all the enchants on haste as well?
- I am more focused now on getting gear to play in 2v2 with a Ret Pally friend of mine. Does that change anything on how I should enchant / what stat should I prioritize? Any other thoughts / tips on playing with Ret Paladin in 2's?

Thank you in advance!
:mage: 4 LYF!

#76 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

Proc doesn't work in arena.

They nerfed how multistrike works in arena.

Pretty sure mage statprio now looks as follows:

1) Haste till 10%
2) Haste or Versatility (personal pref)
3) Versatility or Haste
4) Multistrike
5) Mastery
6) Crit

crit over mastery, and good to go :)

#77 phael

phael
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1704
  • 3v3: 1849
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1762

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:28 PM

Updated my spreadsheet again today with the new Versatility PVP trinkets and other misc buffs/fixes:

https://docs.google....6Ie8/edit#gid=0

20k+ crit bolts now should be normal. Looking good!

#78 Stanislovas

Stanislovas
  • Members

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:50 PM

The guide is very very nice. However, as a completely new mage player, I'm missing the most basic information like rotation and opener. Everything else is perfect..

#79 malow

malow
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Executus
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:47 PM

- So (maybe) a rather newbish question: do we have or can we get to a crit cap now as in previous expansions as I have yet to see this mentioned? If so what is the % currently with shatter?

If my calculations are correct the cap should be 33.33% against frozen targets, and the reason why you never see this mentioned I think is because there's no way in hell we'll reach it since we prioritize crit so low.

#80 Myriem

Myriem
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ragnaros
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 909

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:57 PM

The guide is very very nice. However, as a completely new mage player, I'm missing the most basic information like rotation and opener. Everything else is perfect..

I believe it would be very hard to give information about a rotation as it is so very situational.
For opener (in 2's), I prefer starting with invisibility so you can better position yourself for a better start. You will very rarely be using it during a fight anyway. You can then have two options, either CC one of them straight away or start your nuke. It is very situational again.

If my calculations are correct the cap should be 33.33% against frozen targets, and the reason why you never see this mentioned I think is because there's no way in hell we'll reach it since we prioritize crit so low.

Yeah, now that I have dwelled myself deeper into things, I realised that it's impossible to get that much crit.
Eventhough noxxic says *quoting*:
"As Frost, thanks to Shatter, you can reach a high effective Crit rate with less Crit from gear. At 36.33% Crit, you will have an effective crit chance of 100% with Ice Lance + Fingers of Frost and Frostfire Bolt + Brain Freeze."

Don't ask me why it's 36.33% and not 33.33%, I don't feel like getting into the math right now, but either way we will never get that much.
As I mentioned above, I have just started PvP ing in WoD and up until it there was (I think) always a crit cap. :P
New stuf wheeee!
Also nowadays everyone's talking about how one should never listen to noxxic and that it's just full of taurencrap. :huh: Seems about right.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<