• Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:18 PM

how?

sv isn't fun to play... (some sort of affli lock hunter)
mm isn't either (rly boring playstyle... 2sec cass as focus dump.. i guess you say it requires skill but i think it's just boring as fuck)

bm you actually DO-STUFF..- they removed BW trinket and you actually have burst every minute + aren't forced to play the support role

EDIT: i'm NOT saying MM is easy... but the playstyle just doesn't fit hunters... 1.5 aimed would be ok but 2sec just feels wrong (if i'd like to cast alot i'd play a different class)

maybe you don't agree on this since you even quit when BM was the go to specc (kinda biased i guess)
but i talked to many hunters and they rly enjoy playing BM over SV and MM....

Edited by Nogahn, 23 February 2015 - 03:22 PM.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

#162 Dhorothy

Dhorothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1941

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:35 PM

I feel like BM definitely has more going on in terms of having to make decisions, which in turn relates to me as "fun." SV had that going on with 12 sec trap but with it being nerfed, that takes away a lot of control. Not sure why people like to hate on BM, I think they're still thinking back to early Wrath beastcleave or something. As expansions continue there's a reduction in skill needed for SV and MM, while I don't think BM has gotten any easier, if anything more intricate. Most of the gimmicky things that people cried about regarding BM have been removed (trinket on BW, stampede, Core hounds, etc). When I watch high level hunters play BM, they still make a lot of micro mistakes with BM, that usually only happens with specs that have a lot of options, however there are hardly any mistakes that someone can make with SV/MM. In the grand scheme of things, WoD is relatively easier for every class. However this is not a thread saying what spec requires more skill etc.

Hopefully they continue to balance each of the specs and make each of them viable so everyone can play what they want, not what they have to in order to do well.

#163 seeiz

seeiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2642
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1671
  • LocationNorway

Posted 23 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

I think BM has a higher skillcap than the other specs this season atleast. You can do some crazy set up damage.

#164 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Destruction 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1338
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:12 AM

I actually too think that BM is more fun because you actually do damage with it, or at least, do damage more often (2 types of CD that you can stack, and they're both 1 min or shorter).

I liked the SV playstyle too though, controlking yo. But it felt like you're playing a utility class basically

I leveled as MM and PvE'd in it a few times (when the raid needed physical damage), but like, after playing the other specs more I've grown to absolutely hate Aimed Shot and the RNG nature of your focus bar when you play it. The flow feels so off when you randomly proc like half a bar of focus from crits, meh. The only thing I liked about it is how it rewards you for minimizing movement efficiently, but that... would only be fun in PvE I'd imagine
Default UI Scripts - Compilation & how-to

#165 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

Don't forget the part where you can bug your pet to deal 50% more damage which blizzard hasn't fixxed since forever.

#166 seeiz

seeiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/1/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2701
  • 3v3: 2642
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 1671
  • LocationNorway

Posted 24 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

i believe they fixed it this patch

#167 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1491
  • 3v3: 1054
  • RBG: 1151

Posted 24 February 2015 - 06:13 PM

Are people planning on taking spirit beast over devilsaur after the recent changes even in comps without MS?

#168 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:07 PM

Uhh what changes would make that worth it?

#169 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:21 PM

Uhh what changes would make that worth it?

Crit + Mastery buff as well as around 140k health hot.

Unless they changed it from the last one.

Edited by TheGosuStandard, 24 February 2015 - 07:22 PM.

#170 misdaa

misdaa
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Skywall
  • Reckoning
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/1/0/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 1508
  • 3v3: 1815
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:21 AM

Crit + Mastery buff as well as around 140k health hot.

Unless they changed it from the last one.

What's the 140k hot? Are you talking about Spirit Mend? Mine heals me for 44k total

#171 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:33 AM

in a pvp zone?

some pve channels im on reporting that its like 60k (solo, not in a raid) and is actually pretty strong, the scaling is decent. i'd imagine its more like 70k with 690 ilvl

no way that justifies dropping MS if you're the one bringing it though, but it's DEFINITELY the second best choice

#172 TheGosuStandard

TheGosuStandard
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:57 AM

It was healing way higher on ptr, just looked at the patch notes & it's not there anymore.

However bringing mastery, crit and a heal is like you said a good secondary pet.

Edited by TheGosuStandard, 25 February 2015 - 04:01 AM.

#173 Dhorothy

Dhorothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:10 AM

What's the actual stat priority for MM?

#174 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

What's the actual stat priority for MM?

Vers>crit>multi>haste>mastery

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#175 Dhorothy

Dhorothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

Is that backed by any simcraft or just what you feel?

#176 Thaya

Thaya
  • Moderators
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • LocationRussia

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:18 AM

Well, crit will definitely be the best secondary as the spec basically relies on it. Whether versatility beats it in damage or not depends on how much crit you can achieve with PvP gear, because crit has diminishing returns due to the nature of the stat (keep in mind MM has shittons of crit just built in, so you're actually close to that breakpoint by default). But there are other things you'd want to consider here such as reliability and the benefit of versatility's damage reduction - enchanting versatility is probably better even if crit sims slightly higher. It's also just a pain in the ass to sim it because statweights mean nothing at all in this case and what needs to be done is simming different profiles and comparing the results.

Mastery will definitely be last simply because of uptime. That is also something that you can't really sim at all. I don't think simply adding a lot of movement in the sim is realistic and your ability to have that mastery in key moments is entirely down to finesse.

Multistrike will most likely win haste just because it can crit and because haste is just dead last (by a long shot) in PvE.

I just feel like it's pointless to sim it because the entire priority list is dictated by common sense/environment. I also just don't know how the fuck would I sim things like MM doing more or less damage depending on the targets HP, how would I limit Kill Shots and how many of them are realistic in a certain time frame, etc. There's just too many variables I'd have to literally guesstimate, it makes the results close to pointless.

#177 Dhorothy

Dhorothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 25 February 2015 - 05:20 AM

Just wanted to double check, Thanks Thaya <3

#178 Rawrbertlol

Rawrbertlol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 2672
  • 5v5: 1656
  • RBG: 1576

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

Thank you Dilly! Good game by the way Yesterday, you and Kubzy have some crazy good Synergy! : -)
Edit: also had a quick question for you bud, do you still feel the 690 PVE ring will still be best for MM? It's itemized perfectly, but it gets scaled down to 680 in instanced PVP.

Edited by Rawrbertlol, 25 February 2015 - 06:41 PM.

#179 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

crit>multi

Well, crit will definitely be the best secondary

What's the logic behind crit being better than multistrike as MM?

#180 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:56 PM

What's the logic behind crit being better than multistrike as MM?

1) getting chimera crits helps you out a lot more with consistent damage

2) crit is still good until you can get 50% (previously 40%) due to careful aimed on rapid fire

3) because of our 4set making every aimed shot reduce rapid fires cooldown by 5 seconds, and aimed shot crits giving back 20 focus, just random toth procs allowing you to hardcast a few more aimed shots is awesome (reduces downtime of having to cast steadies, therefore if those do crit it's awesome)

So basically crit will give you more consistent and controllable burst windows, which I think is a lot better.

Multistrike I think can give some nasty burst, and I think it's value will shoot up more when we have better levels of gear (later seasons), but I also think that even though it can potentially give higher burst during rapid fires, it's also a little riskier as well, and I feel that going crit is a lot more reliable, and gives you more windows where you can kill which is very important (especially because of trinkets getting buffed and chimera shot, it feels like you can spread out your damage modifiers now way more than before for kills where for a kill as MM you needed 3v1 cc, toth, full focus, crows, proc trinket and on use trinket up with rapid fire to secure kills, compared to now where in some situations you can actually space out crows, proc trinket etc, because your smaller windows can grant enough pressure - obviously your perfect scenario burst in openers is a lot crazier now though, hence why people have seen the lone wolf hpal jungle gibs lately (those gibs will stop happening I believe, because people will eventually understand that even though the damage is super gimmicky, if they just instantly pop defensives to counter the other teams all in, they'll be able to win pretty much immediately after since it's just an all or nothing strat).

But yeah outside of going off topic, I think crit is just really a lot more consistent than multistrike for Marksman.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<