Seafox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2420

Posted 30 December 2014 - 04:06 PM

Seems noone has pointed out that multistrike hits TWICE for 30% each, meaning multistrike is not 136% effectiveness, but rather 172% as survival hunter. Multiplying with 1.51% for each 100 multistrike we i get 1,09% extra damage.

Edit: Derp multistrike hits once in PvP :(

Edited by Seafox, 31 December 2014 - 01:09 AM.

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1913
  • 3v3: 1987
  • RBG: 1641

Posted 30 December 2014 - 09:25 PM

It's basically a question of 1% damage reduction (3 off-pieces) vs higher burst and 0,2-0,4% more dps, depending on how high you value haste (1 off-piece).

On average 3 off-pieces do provide a higher amount worth of stats. However, if you have even a slight amount of skill with timing your explosive shots more often into the 10-20% extra damage zone instead of the 0-10% extra damage zone, the 4-set ends up being better even on spreadsheets.

There is also quite a lot of value involved in turning your damage more bursty in PvP, which spreadsheets and such don't show. As in, if there's 2 players both with a 100k hp pool, one doing 10k dps, hitting 10k once every second, and the other guy doing 10k dps, but hitting 100k once every 10 seconds, the spreadsheets say both do equal dps, whereas in reality the other player wins every game. Well, you get the general idea.

Turning your damage more bursty and having a chance for 18-20% extra damage on Lock and Load is worth more than the 1% damage reduction even for the average hunter in PvP.

Probably a retarded question, can you multistrike Cobra Shot? And if so, does it return double focus? If so that's based.
Posted Image

#63 Hotsushi

Hotsushi
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/2/1/0/0

Posted 30 December 2014 - 10:40 PM

Seems noone has pointed out that multistrike hits TWICE for 30% each, meaning multistrike is not 136% effectiveness, but rather 172% as survival hunter. Multiplying with 1.51% for each 100 multistrike we i get 1,09% extra damage.

Maybe because Multistrike only hits ONCE in PVP! Probably why it wasn't pointed out.

#64 Immortalz

Immortalz
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/2/0/0/2

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

Got the same question kettu. You said the multi/vers chest + 4 set peices is the best. But the revered shoulders have vers + mastery. Isn't getting the revered shoulders better then the revered chest?

#65 Seafox

Seafox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2420

Posted 31 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Maybe because Multistrike only hits ONCE in PVP! Probably why it wasn't pointed out.

Oh wow! Maybe i should read patch notes. Thanks

#66 Glenmorange

Glenmorange
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/2/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1775
  • RBG: 1582

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:01 AM

Oh wow! Maybe i should read patch notes. Thanks

Not your fault, afaik it isn't on the patch notes. You should be creating a twitter account instead, lol =P

Two quick BM questions:

1) The stat priority then, seems to be Agility > Versality > Mastery > Multistrike > Crit > Haste... but this is only theoretical, right?
After getting all four enchants, is there any other way to stack Versatility? Afaik I can only get two pieces with Versatility on them without losing my 4-piece set bonus. And, as BM, I've found that bonus to be very useful.

2) On-use trinkets. Should I be getting the +88 Agi one, or the +198 Mastery one? According to the stat priority, Agility is better... but I've seen a lot of people taking the other one.

Thank you very much and happy new year =)

#67 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 January 2015 - 10:17 AM

Not your fault, afaik it isn't on the patch notes. You should be creating a twitter account instead, lol =P

Two quick BM questions:

1) The stat priority then, seems to be Agility > Versality > Mastery > Multistrike > Crit > Haste... but this is only theoretical, right?
After getting all four enchants, is there any other way to stack Versatility? Afaik I can only get two pieces with Versatility on them without losing my 4-piece set bonus. And, as BM, I've found that bonus to be very useful.

2) On-use trinkets. Should I be getting the +88 Agi one, or the +198 Mastery one? According to the stat priority, Agility is better... but I've seen a lot of people taking the other one.

Thank you very much and happy new year =)

As for 1) Agility > Versatility > Mastery >= Multistrike > Crit is certain. Where you put haste relative to multistrike and crit depends on how much you value the utility aspect of more focus (e.g. more tranq shots).

As for 2) Just equip each one, attack a gladiator's target dummy once and check tooltip numbers for yourself. Both stats provide a % damage increase that's fully included in tooltip values. Typically the agility one will perform better though, e.g. on my hunter it provides ~20% more benefit towards elemental attacks while also buffing non-elemental ones (auto shot, pet, glaive toss).

Edited by Hidden, 01 January 2015 - 10:19 AM.

#68 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2516
  • 5v5: 768

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:22 PM

I'm still not sure why all top rated hunters are enchanting full mastery when versa should be best stat
Posted Image

#69 Lapeane

Lapeane
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2498
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:06 PM

So versatility > mastery in Surv? 120%? I'm not into math about stats n shit, just following the crowd :D Before every one said mastery is the best, just cba since i bought like 2-3 pieces of wrong gear already rofl

#70 Glenmorange

Glenmorange
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/2/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1775
  • RBG: 1582

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:36 PM

As for 1) Agility > Versatility > Mastery >= Multistrike > Crit is certain. Where you put haste relative to multistrike and crit depends on how much you value the utility aspect of more focus (e.g. more tranq shots).

Thank you for your feedback!

I do a LOT of tranq shots tbh, so maybe Haste would be a bit more useful to me. However my question stands still: is there any possible way of stacking Versatility besides the enchants? I spent an hour yesterday sitting at the Conquest vendor and calculating every possible combination of gear I could get without losing the 4-piece set bonus. The best combination I came up with, would give me +250 Versa through enchants and +200 through the only two versa pieces. That's not even 500 versatility across my whole gear.

Am I missing something, or the above priority is only used as a theoretical standpoint? I may be too dumb, but I see no possible way of getting more Versatility than mastery/crit/multi/haste :P

Thank you again!

#71 eomera

eomera
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 576
  • 3v3: 1875

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

Hi
If you check out the top hunters you dont see them stacking versatility from reverd Ashran conquest gear, I dont know if it is because they just get random drop from RBG or glad.arena...
Anyway I see Surv stat prio is Agility > Versatility > Mastery > Multistrike > Crit > Haste
Should i get the vers.items from Ashran reverd or are people going 4p-bonus?(If you are going 4p, are u going chest from revered?)

Didnt see the post abow me :/

#72 zliabanichar

zliabanichar
  • Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:07 AM

Is the survival 4pc bonus useful as dispel protection for black arrow?

#73 spenbau5

spenbau5
  • Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:46 AM

So versatility > mastery in Surv? 120%? I'm not into math about stats n shit, just following the crowd :D Before every one said mastery is the best, just cba since i bought like 2-3 pieces of wrong gear already rofl

If versa is so good, why are all the top hunters going mastery? are they just misinformed?

#74 Jow

Jow
  • Members

Posted 02 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

as survival, is it worth getting vers in every single piece you can? even if the other stat is not so good?
for exemple, should I get a piece with vers + crit instead a piece with mastery+multi?

#75 Lapeane

Lapeane
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • 2v2: 2498
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:00 PM

If versa is so good, why are all the top hunters going mastery? are they just misinformed?

Ye, most of good hunters i know just follow the crowd. 99% don't do math and don't give a single fuck about these stats. They do what others say or post on AJ. Whatever. The thing is, Dillypoo said everywhere - AJ / his stream, that Mastery is the best so it might be the reason, every one thought he did a math so let's buy mastery gear. At least that happened to me :D I cba doing math and hes kinda gd US hunter, he said something and ppl thought he made math and its correct. JK

#76 eomera

eomera
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

as survival, is it worth getting vers in every single piece you can? even if the other stat is not so good?
for exemple, should I get a piece with vers + crit instead a piece with mastery+multi?

Basic Math:
bla bla bla..

0,91% Crit Chance = 0,45% more dmg
1,51% Multistrike = 0,57% more dmg
1,00% Haste = kinda hard to calculate
0,91% Mastery = 0,64% more dmg
0,77% Versatility = 0,77% more dmg
100 Agility = ~3,50% more dmg

Im taking master/multi insted of vers/haste or vers/critt. From the basic math you can see what item that got the highest value. But getting mastery give higher magic dmg, and getting multistrike give more procs. And the differens between dmg is so low that Im just taking multi/mastery insted.
(I see haste as the worst stat, thats because its a bit more situational(combination, hitting traps, who is your targett, are you getting kite`d etc?!)

vers/mastery>vers/multi>mastery/multi

edit:havent done any real calculation, just taken a conclusion :)

#77 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

a lot of us hunters swap between bm and surv. where mastery for bm in the meta they play is quite solid and mastery is still good but not ideal for surv. Also never judge a top players gear from armory because you never know if it was colliseum drop or rbg.
Posted Image

#78 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:43 PM

Hey guys, If I were playing BM and going for the 4 piece set bonus.
Going by the following as state above by OP, Agility > Versality > Mastery > Multistrike > Crit > Haste.

Would I be better off to get the non set shoulders due to set bonus shoulders having haste and multistrike? And get the revered shoulders which give versa and mastery?

Just looking for some clarification.

Yes, for BM the off-piece to go for is the versatility + mastery shoulders. For survival it's the versatility + multistrike chest. And for MM it's the crit + versatility helmet.

I'm still not sure why all top rated hunters are enchanting full mastery when versa should be best stat

Well it doesn't really take a genious to figure that 275 versatility vs 275 mastery (enchants) translate into:

As survival: 2,12% more damage done + 1,06% less damage taken vs 1,76% more damage done
As BM: 2,12% more damage done + 1,06% less damage taken vs 2,12% more damage done

If majority of the "top hunters" feel 212 + 106 < 176 or 212 + 106 < 212, well, it's probably better to let them feel that way and simply not take gearing advice from them.

#79 eomera

eomera
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery

Posted 04 January 2015 - 12:27 AM

Are there another pet that give MS for BM insted of devilsaur?? I realy hate that pet...

#80 Nogahn

Nogahn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

Yes, for BM the off-piece to go for is the versatility + mastery shoulders. For survival it's the versatility + multistrike chest. And for MM it's the crit + versatility helmet.

Well it doesn't really take a genious to figure that 275 versatility vs 275 mastery (enchants) translate into:

As survival: 2,12% more damage done + 1,06% less damage taken vs 1,76% more damage done
As BM: 2,12% more damage done + 1,06% less damage taken vs 2,12% more damage done

If majority of the "top hunters" feel 212 + 106 < 176 or 212 + 106 < 212, well, it's probably better to let them feel that way and simply not take gearing advice from them.

actually i feel like your calculation is wrong

but the same amount of versa doesn't give more dmg+ in % as sv-mastery

~ 110,04 mastery = 1% mastery

~ 129,82 versatility = 1% versa dmg

(i did the math and even if you include autoshot dmg increase, versa isn't worth it dmg wise)

Edited by Nogahn, 04 January 2015 - 10:46 AM.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<