• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/0/0/0

Posted 17 November 2014 - 10:33 PM

Which stats priority is affliction going now @100? Noxxic.com claims a PvE stat priority as follows:

Intellect > Mastery > Multistrike >= Crit >= Haste > Versatility

My initial guess is that Haste is superior considering how much more we have to cast now than in MoP. Any thoughts?
Posted Image

#2 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:05 PM

I'd say Intellect > Mastery > Haste > Versatility (not sure why Multistrike is there, that's probably the shittiest stat for our 2k dot ticks) - however, not sure how Multistrike works either so I might be wrong.
¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

#3 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:30 AM

Noxxic is trash, please stop using it. Affy will want Haste and MS, Mastery is good too but cast times will be shit in the first season which hyper-inflates Haste anyway.

#4 ysnakewoo

ysnakewoo
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • EU-Hellfire
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Frost
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegovina

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:13 AM

Noxxic is trash, please stop using it. Affy will want Haste and MS, Mastery is good too but cast times will be shit in the first season which hyper-inflates Haste anyway.

UA cast time on my Warlock is 1.06 seconds.
¯\_(⌣̯̀⌣́)_/¯

#5 Railander

Railander
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Azralon
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • RBG: 384

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

i think vers is gonna be up there considering how much of a trainbag locks are right now.

Posted Image

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Al'Akir
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/0/0/0

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

I have been gearing mostly with this philosophy in mind. I feel I can do way more preasure with haste build contrary to mastery. Versatility feels like a garbage stat atm with blue gear only.
Posted Image

#7 Maleficent

Maleficent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Blackhand
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1464
  • 3v3: 2249

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

UA cast time on my Warlock is 1.06 seconds.

The UA glyph reduces cast time but doesn't reduce GCD, so it's not that effective and again, levels of haste in the first season are always low thus a long GCD making UA cast time sort of irrelevant.

I have been gearing mostly with this philosophy in mind. I feel I can do way more preasure with haste build contrary to mastery. Versatility feels like a garbage stat atm with blue gear only.

Haste Attenuation also gives more haste too. It's also need for Haunt and Fear cast times. Also, versatility seems bad in every aspect of this game except for challenge modes.

• Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/./0/./.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

So does anybody have a clear idea of what stat's gonna be the most important in the first PvP season for affliction? Looking at the new arena set I can see only 2 parts of the set that has a Haste bonus.

#9 wargoostoff

wargoostoff

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:45 PM

bump still wondering whats best

#10 Ccal

Ccal
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Affliction 0/1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 1937
  • 3v3: 1815

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

As far as I know in PvE: Int > Mastery => Haste > Multi = Crit > Vers

But in PvP I tend to lean towards Haste to do the environment around it (dispels, CC, interrupts, training, etc). Don't forget that Haste stats are increased by 5% due to Affliction bonus.

Worth mentioning that haste means faster corruptions = more NF procs = more SS, and that reduces GCD = moar dots and warlock curses. While mastery increases dot ticks, but doesn't benefit in any other way other than raw damage.

#11 Hackattack3

Hackattack3
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 14 December 2014 - 05:39 AM

As far as I know in PvE: Int > Mastery => Haste > Multi = Crit > Vers

But in PvP I tend to lean towards Haste to do the environment around it (dispels, CC, interrupts, training, etc). Don't forget that Haste stats are increased by 5% due to Affliction bonus.

Worth mentioning that haste means faster corruptions = more NF procs = more SS, and that reduces GCD = moar dots and warlock curses. While mastery increases dot ticks, but doesn't benefit in any other way other than raw damage.

This spot on,

Highlighted what I feel is most important part. Any improvement to soulburn:haunt uptime is way more than a few points of additional mastery can manage.

Basically crit/versatility is shit. For pvp multi-strike is doing quite well so I would rank it:

As far as I know in PvE: Int > Haste >= Mastery >>>> Vers = Multi > crit

#12 Alishera

Alishera
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:01 PM

Since most people seem to want to stack haste, how come I don't see more people going for the battle staff that has haste/MS on it? Pretty much anyone seems to go for one hand/oh even tho there's no offhand enchant anymore..

#13 Anconia

Anconia
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

Since most people seem to want to stack haste, how come I don't see more people going for the battle staff that has haste/MS on it? Pretty much anyone seems to go for one hand/oh even tho there's no offhand enchant anymore..

That may have to do with the fact that we have no way to kill totems outside of redirecting pet or meleeing it, the ranged attack of wands is actually more useful than a few stat points. Only thing that hurts is that there's no haste wand.

#14 Alishera

Alishera
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

People don't even pick the wand, they pick the dagger. I guess the faster attacks could be beneficial but your attack with a 2h should land instantly anyways since you aren't meleeing until right click the totem?

#15 P1LL

P1LL
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Laughing Skull
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Affliction 0/0/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1585
  • 3v3: 2184
  • RBG: 384

Posted 16 December 2014 - 11:24 PM

People don't even pick the wand, they pick the dagger. I guess the faster attacks could be beneficial but your attack with a 2h should land instantly anyways since you aren't meleeing until right click the totem?

all the weapons have a attack time on it, im pretty sure the staff is the slowest and dagger is the fastest.

I'll probably just go with the overall better stats on the staff. I can let my pet/rogue to the totem killing :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: affli, wod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<