• Undeadclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Destruction 1/2/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1609
  • 3v3: 1792
  • RBG: 2050

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:01 PM

This is a repost from the wow forums, so yea, ignore some of it.. but regardless here it is:

'So i just farmed full 675 Pvp gear (best in slot for now) as i was hoping gear was the issue not class..... i was wrong.

Ele is not in a playable state, the class honestly feels like its in alpha / beta.

The mastery is horribly designed, random procs for 6 seconds after hitting a target with one of your abilities? Who on earth thought that would be a good idea? Its dull, boring and worst of all; Rng.

But that isn't the problem, the problem is the lack of damage. Multistrike is our best stat, but in pvp multi strike is capped at hitting once (causing lightning shield to take alot longer to stack up), not how it does in pve where it has a chance to hit twice, so our main stat is nerfed. Another thing that ruins our damage is the crit change to pvp, Abilities in pvp crit for 150% not 250% like they used to (Shamanism during mop caused us to crit for 250% damage, instead of 200%), so this is a 100% less crit damage, which nerfs our iconic damage source ; lava burst...

I don't understand how blizzard couldn't see these problems on beta, however its too late now, all we can do is pray they change something...

Your reasoning for why ele shamans have no way to get mana back was, 'ele shamans damage abilities cost near to no mana', what about purging? healing? or even getting any mana back!? Once we oom, we lose.... we have no mechanic to get mana back which is ridiculous.

My suggestions:

Make lightning shield stack up from being hit like it used to back in cata and early mop.

Buff lava burst damage by making it crit for 250% or just buffing the baseline damage

Increase the range on wind shear to 30 yards (it got nerfed from 30-25 in wod)

Cause rolling thunder to grand 2% mana like it used to in cata and mop, at least giving us some way to get mana back.

That's some ideas off of the top of my head, there are other issues like ele blast and our mastery but those aren't quite as urgent but still need addressing.

Tell me what you think!'

Had to highlight obvious MOP hero viewpoints. Ele shammys were always viable, and quite necessary for 5s comps in tbc. In wotlk/cata they played more of a support role, focusing on lockdowns/purging and timely totems. MOP introduced this slot machine shit fest that you all got accustomed to.

#23 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:22 PM

sp is fun

#24 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

maybe if your class was bad for once mirox you would understand how ele is right now

but rogues have never been anything short of the best melee in the game so you wouldn't.

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#25 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:50 PM

maybe if your class was bad for once mirox you would understand how ele is right now

but rogues have never been anything short of the best melee in the game so you wouldn't.

they were pretty garbage in s12 :)

#26 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:53 PM

they were pretty garbage in s12 :)

still perfectly r1 viable, still the 3rd best melee in the game.

1 season out of 16, wow.

also nexxer you're doing a pretty shit job of being dizzeeyo with you're ridiculous smileys, keep trying though.

#27 Snodz

Snodz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2019
  • 3v3: 3087
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:59 PM

ok this actually motitvates me, lets do this

Im looking forward to trying to make ele viable aswell, the problem is this isnt like cata, or the start of mop. Ele is shit and fucking boring to play, your casted damage does nothing, your mastery does nearly 50% of your damage and you have no control over it and lava burst does 3% of someones health...

Im also looking forward to seeing who's rerolling ;)
444000339 Ele, 1200 SP and Warrior, - feel free to PM for help about these classes so I can boost my ego ;)

My indepth LSD guide can be found here: https://www.youtube....h?v=8nXhIjgr8vM

#28 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

1 season out of 16, wow.

also nexxer you're doing a pretty shit job of being dizzeeyo with you're ridiculous smileys, keep trying though.

Yes, thanks to backwater bgs and tryharding in 5v5. There were like 6 rogues in EU that got glad/r1 (most of them tryharded in 5v5, which isnt really a bracket imo), so when there are 6 ele shamans getting glad/r1 in entire europe, then you can say your class is not "fun" to play ;)

Edited by mirox, 17 November 2014 - 12:11 AM.

#29 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:14 AM

Yes, thanks to backwater bgs and tryharding in 5v5. There were like 6 rogues in EU that got glad/r1 (most of them tryharded in 5v5, which isnt really a bracket imo), so when there are 6 ele shamans getting glad/r1 in entire europe, then you can say your class is not "fun" to play ;)

I doubt 6 will get it in the world in it's current state. Rogues have never even been close to as bad as shamans are right now. But then again you wouldn't know so why don't you go and outskill some people as rmp with your little related parents support group?

#30 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

I doubt 6 will get it in the world in it's current state. Rogues have never even been close to as bad as shamans are right now. But then again you wouldn't know so why don't you go and outskill some people as rmp with your little related parents support group?

In the current state of the game they are shit, maybe, I wouldn't know, but that doesn't mean that they are not gonna go through some changes throughout the season, so they shouldn't be 'unplayable', if that is their real state, but I think its too early to tell that for any class. I sure will out skill people as rmp :)
P.S. I didnt play rmp in s12 :)

Edited by mirox, 17 November 2014 - 12:27 AM.

#31 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:29 AM

In the current state of the game they are shit, maybe, I wouldn't know, but that doesn't mean that they are not gonna go through some changes throughout the season, so they shouldn't be 'unplayable', if that is their real state, but I think its too early to tell that for any class. I sure will out skill people as rmp :)
P.S. I didnt play rmp in s12 :)

No I forgot how skillful you and capma were back then :D crying about faerie fire and pmuch everything else that made you use your brain.

And if they do get changed then yes, but the whole point of this thread is to highlight how shit they are right now.

#32 ROKMODE

ROKMODE
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shattered Hand
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:43 AM

lol this is so factually incorrect
obvious mop hero
Expect bias in posts because
Wotlk is the best thing since sliced bread

#33 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 17 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

No I forgot how skillful you and capma were back then :D crying about faerie fire and pmuch everything else that made you use your brain.

And if they do get changed then yes, but the whole point of this thread is to highlight how shit they are right now.

Ofc :D Cleaving is Believing Vol. 2 is coming this winter,to the theater next to you!

#34 Elorxo

Elorxo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/0/1/2/1/0/1
  • 3v3: 2695
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:30 AM

u need to start thinking before u speak

#35 Snodz

Snodz
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2019
  • 3v3: 3087
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:08 AM

Had to highlight obvious MOP hero viewpoints.

Should have realised washed up naive S1 glads would comment like this

Edited by Snodz, 17 November 2014 - 04:08 AM.

444000339 Ele, 1200 SP and Warrior, - feel free to PM for help about these classes so I can boost my ego ;)

My indepth LSD guide can be found here: https://www.youtube....h?v=8nXhIjgr8vM

#36 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

1 season out of 16, wow.

glad you liked it :)

Also how can you complain about "your" class not being fun, when "your" class is always the most retarded shit in the season?

The fact that you even try to describe rogue as a braindead class when you are playing an elemental shaman yourself makes me want to kill myself, I hated RMD as well during last season, but saying it's braindead makes no sense, it requires more setup than your comps will ever require :( . Wake the fuck up, you are saying so much bullshit its insane.

#37 Baht

Baht
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/0/1/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1708
  • 3v3: 2057
  • RBG: 384

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:24 PM

though snodz and jaime is doing a shitty job of explaining and randomly hating on everyone that doesnt say "you're right" they do actually have pretty legitimate points about ele in its current state.
So yea im writing this before taking my meds so I apologize if its a mess...

The new mastery is the biggest part of the problem. When 50% of your dmg is passive and dealt every few seconds you cant have big burst without being op with eles current way of dealing dmg.
If they increase lava burst for the burst the sustained will go out of control.
If they increase lightning bolt dmg you wont use any other spells unless you're locked on nature, and as with lava burst the sustained could easily get around of control too.
If they increase fulmination, you get too big dmg spread from non-crit with no multistrike to crit+multistrike, relying on rng to determine if you'll 1 shot or tickle someone.
If they increase elemental Blast the 2 other talents becomes pointless.

So since they couldn't do any of those things ele is stuck having all spells except fulmination hit for basically the same, and really low, dmg. Your overall dmg throughout a game is not really that terrible, a bit below average, but the way it's dealt makes it no threat to anyone and extremely dissatisfying to play. It feels like it doesn't matter if you play your character or not. To put it in perspective: if you run out when gates open and melee hit someone 1 time and press no dmg spells for the rest of the game while making sure to stay in combat with the guy you hit, you'll still do 50% of the dmg you would've done if you were flat out pve'ing all game.

The second big issue for ele currently is mana. While it's true, as blizzard has pointed out in tweets, ele dmg abilities costs almost no mana, support abilities, heals or purge on the other hand are very expensive spells. Ele lost all its previous mana regen/conservation mechanics in wod and after a few minutes when your mana bar hits 0, you cant cast any spells. It doesn't matter if your dmg spells are cheap if you dont regen more than enough for a lightning bolt every 2-3 seconds and enough for 1 purge every 8-9 seconds, assuming your dont press any other abilities in between. With no way to regen or way to leave combat except running to behind your pillar and pray the enemy doesn't try to keep you in combat, ele are essentially on a very short timer in arena, where you become a target dummy, providing none of the utility we rely on, or dmg, when it expires.

There is a few more minor problems besides those, though they're generally negligible compared to the mastery and the mana issues.
The easiest way to fix it imo, is giving back the 2% mana regen on rolling thunder, remove current mastery replacing it with either a % dmg or maybe % multi strike dmg or something like that instead, reduce lava burst proc chance by 50% or make it not instant, and give back lightning bolt while running. This would fix the mana regen, and shift the dmg back to your abilities. Having the dmg in your abilities and casted with with less instants will make it more rewarding to play well as the dmg (and utility because of more risk for nature lock) difference between a good ele and bad one would increase dramatically, open up for the possibility of tuning ele burst to something else than 0 and make it possible for other ppl to lock ele down with good play.

Personally I don't really mind if my class is OP or bad. Fun gameplay is my priority and mop almost ruined ele for me with the lava burst turret, but wod is on a different lvl of boring.

TLDR: It doesn't matter to me personally whether ele is strong or weak, but the design of ele atm dissatisfying, unrewarding and just plain boring because it feels like it doesn't matter if you play your character or not and you become a target dummy after a while.

#38 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

glad you liked it :)

Also how can you complain about "your" class not being fun, when "your" class is always the most retarded shit in the season?

The fact that you even try to describe rogue as a braindead class when you are playing an elemental shaman yourself makes me want to kill myself, I hated RMD as well during last season, but saying it's braindead makes no sense, it requires more setup than your comps will ever require :( . Wake the fuck up, you are saying so much bullshit its insane.

why do you try and say I fotm? Anyone with two braincells understands I didn't even FOTM, I played a warrior alt of mine I had in s14 because SP was in a dire state, I didn't level it up specifically to play it when it was fotm, I leveled it to tank with in pve. Ele was to try the one class I had never tried and at that time ele was only average it wasn't even that good. idk why idiots like yourself are allowed to post on this site honestly.

also agree with fruity except for taking away lava surge.

#39 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Buff lava burst damage by making it crit for 250% or just buffing the baseline damage

Wait and see until the 25% base resillience has been fixed.. Maybe that will solve the problem

Certainly giving 1 class 250% crit damage again with an ability is not the way to go.. Because then mages want 200% shatter as well.. And then we are back to where we started.. in MOP

#40 Ashleyirl

Ashleyirl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/1/2/1/1/0/0

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:41 PM

lol rogues in season 12 were by far the worst melee in the game by a long long way - i think the fact that mir was the only rogue in EU to actually get the rank 1 title shows that tbh (rogue was the hardest/most boring class to play in s12 because you would instantly die anything that touched you pmuch and winning games in the start of the season in particular was insanely difficult because 1 vanish, choosing between prep/step etc)

it is possible to make the class work, it's just harder - and if you do make it work (which somebody like mystic probs will) then it shows really who is good at the game and deciphers those who fotm re-roll to those actually skilled at it.

+++++ if you really love the class and you think it is "your class" then you will make it work regardless, like all top players do

Edited by Ashleylol, 17 November 2014 - 04:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<