• Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2516
  • 5v5: 768

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:41 AM

As the title says, what are we aiming for people, haste/multistrike with a little versatility on the side?
Posted Image

#2 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2375
  • 3v3: 2440
  • RBG: 960

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:39 AM

I've been doing multistrike + crit with a 2hander seems to be ok, we get bonus multistrike from gear so you get a good % from the right pvp gear

#3 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 192
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

Don't you guys feel like you are energy starving?

#4 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:08 PM

My energy seems alright, I'm just wondering wether or not to go for haste simply to get higher energy regen.

@tornadotom, rly, a 2h? I havent even tried but it seems that in PvE atleast 1h is still better. i guess ill buy a 2h soon and test it out.
Posted Image

#5 RippedLife

RippedLife
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/1
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

only energy starved when I use chiex (talent is super awkward to use), but with serenity it seems fine

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

only energy starved when I use chiex (talent is super awkward to use), but with serenity it seems fine

I'm playing ascension and chi ex, seems to work fine, i feel energy starved when using chi brew though

I rly miss chi brew :(

Edited by Shunai, 16 November 2014 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#7 Fedx

Fedx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/1/0/2/0/1/2
  • 3v3: 2489
  • 5v5: 96
  • LocationSvearike

Posted 16 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

What offset pieces do you other WWs use? I feel like going cruelty aka crit doesnt feel right. Wanna try full multistrike, anyone tried it?

Edited by Fedx, 16 November 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#8 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:06 PM

What offset pieces do you other WWs use? I feel like going cruelty aka crit doesnt feel right. Wanna try full multistrike, anyone tried it?

Not yet but I'm going to try multistrike/crit soon!
Posted Image

#9 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:33 PM

My energy seems alright, I'm just wondering wether or not to go for haste simply to get higher energy regen.

@tornadotom, rly, a 2h? I havent even tried but it seems that in PvE atleast 1h is still better. i guess ill buy a 2h soon and test it out.

2h was the same dps as dual wield when I tested it, white hits and multistrikes are a little burstier with 2h though which is nice when you get tiger strikes procs, the biggest reason for dual wield is 2 enchants but the wep enchants in wod arent nearly as good as dancing steel was in mop

same

trying to figure out a rotation where you only use 3 or less chi for chi explosion, seems like it would be the best way to use it, the aoe is pretty much useless unless your play wwls or something.

Chi brew + serenity seems alright but its pretty annoying when you get spam cc'd on/peeled during serenity

I think energy will be a small problem until better gear/later in the expac, just like mop

#10 Walmartshoes

Walmartshoes
  • Members

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:04 PM

2H weapon, eh? I'll have to try that out when I get to 100.

I also feel like Multistrike and Crit are the way to go until we can get more Haste.
It's me baby, come kiss.

#11 Edenx

Edenx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 1559

Posted 07 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Has anyone done the math on this yet? I have tried many setups and can't come to a good conclusion as to DW vs 2H. I know the enchants aren't as much of a factor as they were in MoP but my confusion lies in our Way of the Monk passive. It seems that mutlistrike would do better with DW as you have more chances for it to proc but I'm not 100% sure on that. My question about Way of the Monk is the 2H part, you attack 40% faster? Does this lower our GCD or what exactly? I've googled a bit and haven't seemed to find a decent description of this part of our passive. I know that it doesn't effect our haste because I've watched my character sheet while equipping a 2H and haste and energy regen stay the same. So if it simply lowers our GCD without effecting haste then I suppose if you wanted to run 2H you would have to wait til later in the expansion for more haste or spec into Ascension. Please correct me if I'm wrong and if someone knows the specifics of Way of the Monk I would really appreciate the information.

Also what's the current status of the debate on Chi-ex vs Serenity? Is the burst worth the possibility of being cc'd or kited during Serenity over Chi Explosion's clunky feeling? Does Serenity synergize with Chi-ex better for more controlled burst or would Ascension be a preferable choice in that setup.

Finally, what are everyone's thoughts on our level 90 talents? Given that haste and energy regen are so low atm, is RJW out all together or is it still better than Xuen? If neither is the case, then is Chi Torpedo finally a viable choice?

Anyway, sorry for the long post, these are just some questions that I have been unable to answer by my own testing. Thanks everyone.

#12 Marshmellow

Marshmellow
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 08 December 2014 - 07:16 AM

Has anyone done the math on this yet? I have tried many setups and can't come to a good conclusion as to DW vs 2H. I know the enchants aren't as much of a factor as they were in MoP but my confusion lies in our Way of the Monk passive. It seems that mutlistrike would do better with DW as you have more chances for it to proc but I'm not 100% sure on that. My question about Way of the Monk is the 2H part, you attack 40% faster? Does this lower our GCD or what exactly? I've googled a bit and haven't seemed to find a decent description of this part of our passive. I know that it doesn't effect our haste because I've watched my character sheet while equipping a 2H and haste and energy regen stay the same. So if it simply lowers our GCD without effecting haste then I suppose if you wanted to run 2H you would have to wait til later in the expansion for more haste or spec into Ascension. Please correct me if I'm wrong and if someone knows the specifics of Way of the Monk I would really appreciate the information.

Also what's the current status of the debate on Chi-ex vs Serenity? Is the burst worth the possibility of being cc'd or kited during Serenity over Chi Explosion's clunky feeling? Does Serenity synergize with Chi-ex better for more controlled burst or would Ascension be a preferable choice in that setup.

Finally, what are everyone's thoughts on our level 90 talents? Given that haste and energy regen are so low atm, is RJW out all together or is it still better than Xuen? If neither is the case, then is Chi Torpedo finally a viable choice?

Anyway, sorry for the long post, these are just some questions that I have been unable to answer by my own testing. Thanks everyone.

1. 2h procs tiger strikes more often because of the auto attack speed, dual wield was better in mop simply because of double dancing steel and weapon chains, in mop I tested dual wield against 2h with no enchants and did more dps with a 2h equipped, but with enchants dual wield was higher.

also since tiger strikes was buffed and multistrike is our best stat makes 2h even better. and what weapons you have equipped does not affect gcd or energy regen

2.as for chi-ex vs serenity, they are both pretty good talents, but as you probably know from playing ww energy, chi and globals are very limited in wod, also Fists of Fury being our top damage output by alot affects the choice here as well, using a 3+ chi explosion to burst after popping tigereye and then building chi again to fists of fury and then building chi again to rising sun kick is way too many globals and wait time compared to just popping serenity and spamming blackout kick, even if you miss out on 2-3 globals of serenity it is still more damage than chi explosion seeing as blackout kick hits about as hard as a 3 chi chi-ex

3. imo the 90 talents are all complete shit right now, rushing jade winds damage was nerfed and our energy regen is stupid low now, rjw basically has a 1.5 minute cd atm as it is only viable to use during serenity, or when you are rooted/cant get to your target. when you are on your target every point of energy should be going towards jab or expel harm, xuen breaks every cc in the game and chi torpedo breaks cc and takes too long to travel imo

hope this clears some things up

Edited by Marshmellow, 08 December 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#13 Edenx

Edenx
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1557
  • 3v3: 1559

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:58 PM

1. 2h procs tiger strikes more often because of the auto attack speed, dual wield was better in mop simply because of double dancing steel and weapon chains, in mop I tested dual wield against 2h with no enchants and did more dps with a 2h equipped, but with enchants dual wield was higher.

also since tiger strikes was buffed and multistrike is our best stat makes 2h even better. and what weapons you have equipped does not affect gcd or energy regen

2.as for chi-ex vs serenity, they are both pretty good talents, but as you probably know from playing ww energy, chi and globals are very limited in wod, also Fists of Fury being our top damage output by alot affects the choice here as well, using a 3+ chi explosion to burst after popping tigereye and then building chi again to fists of fury and then building chi again to rising sun kick is way too many globals and wait time compared to just popping serenity and spamming blackout kick, even if you miss out on 2-3 globals of serenity it is still more damage than chi explosion seeing as blackout kick hits about as hard as a 3 chi chi-ex

3. imo the 90 talents are all complete shit right now, rushing jade winds damage was nerfed and our energy regen is stupid low now, rjw basically has a 1.5 minute cd atm as it is only viable to use during serenity, or when you are rooted/cant get to your target. when you are on your target every point of energy should be going towards jab or expel harm, xuen breaks every cc in the game and chi torpedo breaks cc and takes too long to travel imo

hope this clears some things up

Thanks alot, and yes it does. After doing some more testing, I've found that if I want to run 2H then I generally take Ascension and Chi-Ex. It's true setting up a FoF is rather difficult due to how Chi-Ex works, but I believe I've found a good way to do that. You Jab, TP, Jab, RSK (which I have macro'd with EB), Jab, Chi-Ex which should be with 3 chi, then it's just Jab, Jab, TeB into Leg Sweep followed by FoF.

If I'm running DW then I'm generally taking Chi Brew with RJW and Serenity. More "controlled" burst but unless you get a second set of gear that is strictly for haste you will end up energy starved real fast. The way I have using this setup without buying the haste gear is by timing out my uses of Chi Brew. Unless I'm doing two's with my irl friend on his warrior then I'll use one stack out of the gate to get a free TP then go about my normal rotation while watching my energy. Basically, anytime I run low on energy I pop Chi Brew so I can use RSK or BK or even FoF if I already had at least one chi.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I really appreciate it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ww stat prio, ww, stats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<