Echo of the Elements Enhancement & You

enhance enhancement shaman Echo of the elements

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Axlx_

Axlx_
  • Members

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:27 AM

Is it just me or does echo have Very sexy proc rate? I don't see how anything else in the tier can even compare.

#2 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2516
  • 5v5: 768

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

Ye the proc on it is sick, been using it on my sham since 6.0
Posted Image

#3 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2107
  • 3v3: 2437
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

It's a great proc rate but overall without instant hex, no reliable stun and less defensives/support than a ret we're in bad shape.

#4 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:51 PM

The proc rate is really good, and it's the obvious choice of the tier. I wish it wasn't, though; Enhance was more satisfying when the abilities we used felt impactful. Having to constantly spam for the same damage as before just eats globals we could be using to purge or refresh Searing Totem. I really wish they made the alternatives better, like a SS/LL damage penalty on Echo (similarly to that 100 lock talent) and making Elemental Mastery not purgeable. The new nerfed CD (90 -> 120) on EM feels fine since it lines up with wolves, which actually do damage now. I don't understand why Ancestral Swiftness isn't just baseline for Resto, with an actual dps talent option in its placenow that insta Hex is gone.

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#5 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

The proc rate is really good, and it's the obvious choice of the tier. I wish it wasn't, though; Enhance was more satisfying when the abilities we used felt impactful. Having to constantly spam for the same damage as before just eats globals we could be using to purge or refresh Searing Totem. I really wish they made the alternatives better, like a SS/LL damage penalty on Echo (similarly to that 100 lock talent) and making Elemental Mastery not purgeable. The new nerfed CD (90 -> 120) on EM feels fine since it lines up with wolves, which actually do damage now. I don't understand why Ancestral Swiftness isn't just baseline for Resto, with an actual dps talent option in its placenow that insta Hex is gone.

Or they could give us our insta-hex back since every other melee has a ranged instant cast stun that can't be dispelled (except rets can be dispelled) and we're sitting here trying to throw a totem like morons and many other classes even kept their instant CCs in conjunction with these things.

*cough cough Blinding Flash*

Edited by Okayenhance, 15 November 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#6 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 15 November 2014 - 05:07 PM

Or they could give us our insta-hex back since every other melee has a ranged instant cast stun that can't be dispelled (except rets can be dispelled) and we're sitting here trying to throw a totem like morons and many other classes even kept their instant CCs in conjunction with these things.

*cough cough Blinding Flash*

A better answer would be to nerf other things that are out of control, instead of circlejerk buffing everything because another spec has it better. Instant CC like AS/MSW+Hex isn't interesting to use or play against.

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#7 Okayenhance

Okayenhance
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

A better answer would be to nerf other things that are out of control, instead of circlejerk buffing everything because another spec has it better. Instant CC like AS/MSW+Hex isn't interesting to use or play against.

Yeah lets nerf 12 abilities instead of giving one class a similar CC that is so garbage that it's a joke in PvP AND PvE.

It's not just another spec having it better. It's a lack of design carrying over to our class. For gods sakes prot warriors not only have better CC but they also have better support, damage, survivability. Every melee has an instant CC and we're sitting here with our already-shit-when-instant-cast (without cross CC) CC getting nerfed.

Edited by Okayenhance, 16 November 2014 - 02:16 AM.

#8 Slamspamx

Slamspamx

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

Yeah lets nerf 12 abilities instead of giving one class a similar CC that is so garbage that it's a joke in PvP AND PvE.

It's not just another spec having it better. It's a lack of design carrying over to our class. For gods sakes prot warriors not only have better CC but they also have better support, damage, survivability. Every melee has an instant CC and we're sitting here with our already-shit-when-instant-cast (without cross CC) CC getting nerfed.

The result of toning down other melee's instant CC would be better than taking the easy way out and making Enhance comps even less fun to play against. Landing a hard-to-get CC is way more satisfying and promotes more skillful play than just pushing your instant focus Hex while tunneling. If you agree with that, why would you want your class to deviate from it instead of changing others to better fit it?

I don't understand why you want more instant CC in the game, aside from it being an easy fix to make your spec competitive again (while making the rest of the game more toxic). If something has difficult but rewarding mechanics, greatmake more things like that. The alternative is a lazy balancing ethic.

jTCZfmX.jpg

Kyvq2yP.png                                                                         

#9 Rexyyoxxx

Rexyyoxxx
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Enhancement 0/2/0/2/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1529
  • 3v3: 2591
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1665

Posted 16 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Ive found playing enhance atm, there is SO much instant cc in the game, like priest have fear and a 5 second silence, which are both INSTANT. I know this is off topic. But ive always been arguing with people over the fact hex isnt instant cast which i support but why do all the other melees have instant cast cc, seems pretty bullshit to me. Instant hex wasnt fun to play against/with either and I get a buzz now when I get trained by melee trying to cast hex while they mindless smash my face lmao.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enhance, enhancement, shaman, Echo of the elements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<