Photo

Is there any script to sort raid profile members in any order you want them to be?

Arena Raid profiles WoW PvP Interface Technical Support UI Macros Script

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LeChuck_at_M0nk3y

LeChuck_at_M0nk3y
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:00 AM

Hello there!
I have been very annoyed with this issue for about the past two years, and after having tried to use multiple interface addons, I decided that I like the WoW vanilla raid profile's looks and functionality too much to use an addon that might or might not work after each content patch, so here I am asking you. First of all, to elaborate on what exactly my issue is, let me give you some background.
When you use the vanilla party system, the party members are ordered in the same way every time: You are on top, below you are the party members 1-4. Kind of like this:Posted Image.
Since I am an avid arena player, I have gotten used to binding my targeting and cleanse macros on my Razer naga accordingly, with target=self on button 1, target=party1 on button 2 and target=party2 on button 3. To help visualize, here's another picture:Posted Image.
Now, whenever I load into the arena and I don't push any buttons, without fail - the raid profiles will load properly for a few seconds, and it displays me on top, party1 and party 2 below me in order, like this: Posted Image.
My brain associates the binds in that order, and I cleanse not by targeting each player, but by pushing a macro on my mouse for self, party1 and party2. Unfortunately, within a few seconds the order goes completely all over the place and party members and myself are lined up absolutely arbitrary, for example like this: Posted Image.
Needless to say, it is absolutely infuriating cleansing the wrong target because you can't ever tell which button corresponds to what person, so here I am asking the question: Since the interface options are extremely limited for ordering party members (sorting them by role does nothing but scramble them up into a different arbitrary order, sorting them by group is what I'm using at the moment, so it clearly doesn't work, and sorting them alphabetically - well I don't think that I have to get into why that won't help either). is there any kind of script I can use to re-order the raid profiles either permanently or each time I step into the arena so I don't lose time being confused about what goes where?
I would love to find such a script, so if anyone has it, please let me know!!

#2 grisenx

grisenx
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2517
  • 3v3: 2627
  • 5v5: 2162
  • RBG: 958

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

• /run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") CRFSort_Group=function(t1, t2) if UnitIsUnit(t1,"player") then return false elseif UnitIsUnit(t2,"player") then return true else return t1 < t2 end end CompactRaidFrameContainer.flowSortFunc=CRFSort_Group

you have to sort raidframes by group for it to work. :)

#3 LeChuck_at_M0nk3y

LeChuck_at_M0nk3y
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

Hey Saowa!
This script puts me at the bottom, but it's definitely a start. Now the script looks more or less like a random assortment of letters to me, would you be able to tell me how to put me on top? :D

#4 Pqnzhor

Pqnzhor
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:38 PM

/run LoadAddOn("Blizzard_CompactRaidFrames") CRFSort_Group=function(t1, t2) if UnitIsUnit(t1,"player") then return true elseif UnitIsUnit(t2,"player") then return false else return t1 < t2 end end CompactRaidFrameContainer.flowSortFunc=CRFSort_Group

And now you are at the top ;)

#5 LeChuck_at_M0nk3y

LeChuck_at_M0nk3y
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 10:43 PM

I tried the scripts and it looks like in that particular arena, using the first script, the game just happened to scramble them upside down (so I'm assuming the script didn't do anything). I tried both scripts, but they don't seem to do anything.

#6 Malenky

Malenky
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Restoration 1/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1665
  • 3v3: 2394
  • 5v5: 2179
  • RBG: 576

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

Use the 2nd script, if its not working, go to interface > raid frames and change the sorting from group to role then back to group, then should work. Also try /reloading then doing the above.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Arena, Raid profiles, WoW, PvP, Interface, Technical Support, UI, Macros, Script

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users