• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

like this its just another form of CC for rogue and rogue only.

like how people seem to ignore that it completely negates spectral guise too

#82 Tsx

Tsx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Alleria
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Fire ././././././2
  • 2v2: 1637
  • 3v3: 2821
  • RBG: 1588

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:05 PM

like how people seem to ignore that it completely negates spectral guise too

you don't do dmg because of spectral guise, rogues relied on stealths to do proper dmg.

#83 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:37 PM

No, no, 2600 coz that's what Regent played up to and he was playing the meta

Isn't 2400 in EU challenger?

#84 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:41 PM

you don't do dmg because of spectral guise, rogues relied on stealths to do proper dmg.

That's true, i was just pointing it out that not only rogues got/get fucked by it, it's actually annoying dying and knowing you had spectral guise, but couldnt use it

#85 Origenz

Origenz
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 5v5: 384

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:40 PM

I am looking forward to wod. Positioning is gonna be a big deal now. I just remember warlocks and mages (many other classes too) just sitting in the middle of the arena regardless of how bad positioning can be because you could rotate so many coolies.

#86 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2028
  • 3v3: 2406
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:07 AM

Would like to see more emphasis on making all healers viable, that in turn allows for more comp variety

Edited by Smooviex, 13 November 2014 - 12:07 AM.

#87 justchecking

justchecking
  • LocationAUS AUS AUS AUS AUS

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:10 AM

Would like to see more emphasis on making all healers viable, that in turn allows for more comp variety

Sucks that your class is the one that by the sounds of things is the weakest, but on the whole it sounds like more classes/specs are viable compared to MOP. Hard to balance so many different specs :S

#88 Tekkys

Tekkys
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Affliction 0/2/0/0/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2043
  • 3v3: 2228

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

A lot of people seem to forget how important it was to properly snapshot your dots before "mindessly" soul burn soul swapping them, effectively killing your own dmg. Warlocks got ridiculously easy and boring with the removal of snapshoting, and the same can be said to any other class working with dots too.

Yeah, i didn't intend to say that the whole rotation was mindless, moreso the application of the dots. I too will miss snapshotting, however a large portion of the casual population didn't really understand the mechanic so i guess that's why it got removed. I just enjoy casting again, i feel like you make more informed decisions when you have to cast more, which overall makes you a better player (is it worth it to fake this? can i draw an interrupt so my teammate can cast x spell?). Besides snapshotting, the only thing i really miss bout warlocks is fel flame; it was a really fun spell to use, even after it stopped extending dots. Also, i still really dislike unbound will and blood horror, moreso blood horror. It feels like a real gimmicky spell, and i'd much rather the old shadowflame back in it's place. At least that took a semblance of skill to pull off, and was a lot more reliable.
Posted Image

#89 Smooviex

Smooviex
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/2/2/2/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 2028
  • 3v3: 2406
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 2088

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:37 AM

Sucks that your class is the one that by the sounds of things is the weakest

I wasn't speaking out of bias. I don't mind if my class is viable or not, I played ww the majority of s12 when it was pretty weak.. as long as the game play is enjoyable i'll continue

#90 justchecking

justchecking
  • LocationAUS AUS AUS AUS AUS

Posted 13 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

I wasn't speaking out of bias. I don't mind if my class is viable or not, I played ww the majority of s12 when it was pretty weak.. as long as the game play is enjoyable i'll continue

Oh didn't mean for it to come across like that, basically just saying on the whole there will be a lot more comp variability by the looks of things which makes for a better game, last season some comps were just way too likely to queue into a total counter.

#91 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 13 November 2014 - 07:41 AM

Oh didn't mean for it to come across like that, basically just saying on the whole there will be a lot more comp variability by the looks of things which makes for a better game, last season some comps were just way too likely to queue into a total counter.

Possibly, but its the same problem as always with the balance. Blizzard has the beta to "gather information about balance" but then refuse to do anything about what they learn.

#92 mirox

mirox
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/2/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1990
  • 3v3: 2782

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:50 PM

Pointless to try and argue with people who have never played a rogue in their life about how faerie fire totally fucks you up as a rogue. You have to play one to know it, and I am not talking about banana rating where druids forget to use it, I am talking about high end arena where people are more than aware to keep it up 24/7 and try to faerie fire your vanish. No one cares about having faerie fire behind the pillar, you can get dispelled and get restealth anyway, problem is that I cannot use my vanish,which is used for stuns,damage,surviability and mobility all depending on the situation, whenever I want. I can use it when I use cloak of shadows vs good druid who plays god comp , for example. THAT is the problem, not the restealths behind the pillar.

#93 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

+1 Good post, actually looking forward to WOD, cant be worse the MOP....

It is worse. Heals are more retarded and braindead, point.
2v2 what used to be fun/starting/practice bracket for almost every spec and class in this game is ruined by clunky bandaid mechanic called dampening which is made up by cocaine washed up crackeads @ blizzhq

Gear dependance was never this bad.
You can literally stick your skill and all of your game knowledge in your ass if you are wearing honor gear and meeting full cq gear opponets they will never die no matter how much you outplay them

5v5 and rbg are showcase of bad game design.
Nonsense annoying abilities like bos/feathers/guise/instant traps lol 15 sec cd/frozen ammo/15 extra trinkets/faerie fire/cluster pets are still there, more to count

Casted spells like frostbolt are doing 10k crits , while instants are doing several times more.You have to be totally twisted out from drugs or completly mad to find logic in this. Yet this wont change.
Same can be told for healing spells. Most of healers are still able to keep someone alive spamming nothing but instants

And yet those monkeys still wonder why noone watches wow pvp online. Instead of matches being solved in first several mins and there is constant danger of dying , healers having to juggle and struggle with heals, dps have do to peels on right timing we have people dying after 12-13 mins and dampening. If they do not die from boredom before that is

Edited by sarma, 14 November 2014 - 01:04 AM.

Posted Image

#94 Attono

Attono
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bloodhoof
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2383
  • 3v3: 2889
  • RBG: 2330

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:59 AM

Pointless to try and argue with people who have never played a rogue in their life about how faerie fire totally fucks you up as a rogue. You have to play one to know it, and I am not talking about banana rating where druids forget to use it, I am talking about high end arena where people are more than aware to keep it up 24/7 and try to faerie fire your vanish. No one cares about having faerie fire behind the pillar, you can get dispelled and get restealth anyway, problem is that I cannot use my vanish,which is used for stuns,damage,surviability and mobility all depending on the situation, whenever I want. I can use it when I use cloak of shadows vs good druid who plays god comp , for example. THAT is the problem, not the restealths behind the pillar.

#95 livejamie

livejamie
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

mw seems alright at 100

Posted Image
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Talbadar, MoP, WoD, Thoughts, Changes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<