• Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 1221
  • 3v3: 2124
  • RBG: 1842

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

Hey guys, just wanted to throw some things out there about Aspect of the Fox in case you haven't figured them out yet. Here's a list of some things I found out when playing with this ability.

You can:
-Cap Flags
-Hearth
-Mount while free-falling
-Mount while moving
-Bandage while moving
-Powershot (lol)
-Run at full speed in stealth without camo glyph (first be in camo and stand still for a sec, obtain the "in stealth" buff, then activate aspect of the fox). You're now free to run around at full speed in stealth for the Aspects duration.
-Keeps the Sniper Training debuff while moving (MM Mastery), awesome for stealth openers that require movement.
- Shadowmeld and walk while in meld
Macro for Party/Raid/Instance chat announcement:
#showtooltip
/run local f,c="172106", IsInRaid() and "RAID" or IsInGroup(1) and "PARTY" or IsInGroup(2) and "INSTANCE_CHAT"; if GetSpellCooldown(f)==0 and c then SendChatMessage("{rt1} " ..GetSpellLink(f).. " Active! {rt1}",c) end
/use Aspect of the Fox

Same macro but announces in raid warning given that you have lead/assist:

#showtooltip
/run local f,c="172106", (UnitIsGroupLeader("player") or UnitIsGroupAssistant("player")) and "RAID_WARNING"; if GetSpellCooldown(f)==0 and c then SendChatMessage("{rt1} " ..GetSpellLink(f).. " Active! {rt1}",c) end
/use Aspect of the Fox

This is all I've found so far, credits to Resticles/Eskimz for discovering some of these with me.
If you find any other new tricks feel free to contribute, thanks.

Edited by Zizilio, 26 December 2014 - 12:26 AM.

#2 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:13 AM

Might also want to mention it more clearly that you can use fox while moving to keep up the sniper training buff.

Edited by Dillypoo, 07 November 2014 - 02:15 AM.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#3 Zizilio

Zizilio
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:15 AM

You're forgetting it keeps sniper training up while moving

Tried to mention that in the stealth thing, I'll add it in another line.

#4 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:32 AM

Aspect of the Fox Tips n' Tricks

and video clips?

#5 exeodius1

exeodius1
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1948
  • 3v3: 2132
  • 5v5: 2262
  • RBG: 768

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:39 AM

and video clips?

Ayra, swag.

#6 AltairWoW

AltairWoW
  • Members

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

-Bandage while moving

You sure about that? Hasn't worked when I tried it.

#7 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:52 AM

You sure about that? Hasn't worked when I tried it.

Sit still for 1 second while you cast it, then you can keep moving after.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#8 Zizilio

Zizilio
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 07 November 2014 - 02:54 AM

Sit still for 1 second while you cast it, then you can keep moving after.

#9 Vallok

Vallok
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/0/2/1/1
  • RBG: 2388

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:20 AM

and video clips?

#10 Pouncedd

Pouncedd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-The Underbog
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1425
  • 3v3: 2379
  • RBG: 1624
  • LocationOhio

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:33 AM

I like some of these uses for fox will look forward to using them in wod. Adds some skillfulness to the class again.
Twitch.tv/pounced for my stream

#11 Barriery

Barriery
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 07 November 2014 - 06:08 AM

Mounting while free falling is the best the ever!!!

#12 Iffyx

Iffyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1936
  • 3v3: 2703
  • 5v5: 1747
  • RBG: 1730
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2014 - 04:54 PM

I like some of these uses for fox will look forward to using them in wod. Adds some skillfulness to the class again.

Except for the fact that it's a 3min cooldown and will be used for Sniper Training every.single.time.
www.twitch.tv/PRIMEWIREISGOD

#13 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Reedwise
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

pretty funny that people are gonna end up dismissing/summoning pet with lone wolf imo

it's like summoning a bunch of monkeys all over again, except this time blizzard wants you to do it

hate that shit. mm is the only real hunter spec, let it play like mm always has.

let me ask you this: your kfc fights rmp, you and a rogue are the only two people left alive on dalaran sewers

rogue gets a restealth, you're both at 90-100% with no cooldowns

tell me how you would kill him as marksmanship

#14 Barriery

Barriery
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:29 AM

You can't dismiss pet in arena so that's not happening

#15 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

let me ask you this: your kfc fights rmp, you and a rogue are the only two people left alive on dalaran sewers

Yep this game was / is / always going to be balanced around 1v1 like that. Tell me how you kill a dk as a sp, or while we are at it, how you kill any melee, same story. Your class might suck at 1v1, but that doesnt make it bad tbh, don't get me wrong, it'd be awesome to stand a chance vs. every class most classes in 1v1 once again, but that simply aint gonna happen.

#16 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:34 AM

pretty funny that people are gonna end up dismissing/summoning pet with lone wolf imo

it's like summoning a bunch of monkeys all over again, except this time blizzard wants you to do it

hate that shit. mm is the only real hunter spec, let it play like mm always has.

Depends on your talent choices in the match up. Personally I really enjoy going roots vs rmp especially as KFC, and also I'd assume taking binding shot while your warrior has stormbolt. I'm assuming there wont be spirit bond available which kind of sucks dick but whatever, we still have camo glyph healing at 100. Anyways for the most part you can sit on top of your trap with flare. Rogues can no longer disarm traps so this is really useful. We can turtle up until we get eyes and can pull the rogue out of stealth again, but it's going to be best to wait to engage onto the rogue until you have your trinket available.

Anyways if he opens on you with dance once you've got him out of stealth and you have your trinket up, just best to trinket>trap, trinket>deter or trinket>disengage (with roots) + flare. From then you can just set up an easy binding down and try to get an aimed shot off. This will either force a cloak evasion or a vanish so if he does that just rinse and repeat, and sit on your trap. You can't really get punished as hard now by sitting on flare with trap until next set of eyes due to him having no cloak. Anyways once you get the rogue out again you can just get a trap and then place binding shot over it, while also putting flare up on it, and then casting aimed>chimera with the rogue in the trap, then you can knock him out of the binding shot, possibly get in one more aimed shot that will not be dodged, or you can just pop amoc and kite. Just run around and keep rogue in flare.

If you're level 100 you'll have ammunitions which makes this a lot easier.

Idk honestly MM does really well in 1v1s vs rogues right now so there are a lot of options. It can go either way in the match up so I'm not really completely sure on the point that we're trying to make here? Maybe that he can possibly get too many restealths and it will be annoying but if he's running burst of speed for that then he'll end up blowing too much energy. Shadowstep is just a better choice for rogues overall atm, so it just gives you a pretty even match up. There's plenty of outplay potential from both sides.

Except for the fact that it's a 3min cooldown and will be used for Sniper Training every.single.time.

This just isn't true lol. With the mastery levels you have at level 100, you really wont get that much use of sniper training, in fact it's a lot more useful at 90 than it is 100 due to our current gearing. The reality is the mastery needs to be redesigned slightly (I've gone over this hundreds of times in other posts so I won't go off track here). Sniper training will bring lots of utility for your team and honestly is going to be super fun to play around with.

Edited by Dills, 12 November 2014 - 09:35 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Zizilio

Zizilio
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:24 PM

I know you're not Reedz, but I'm just going to respond as if you are Reedz to lol. The answer is, you win trade. KELOLOLOLHUEHUHUELOLJAJAJAJALOLOLOLAOALOALOAOLOLOLLEEOEOELOEL
kthx

#18 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:32 PM

I know you're not Reedz, but I'm just going to respond as if you are Reedz to lol. The answer is, you win trade. KELOLOLOLHUEHUHUELOLJAJAJAJALOLOLOLAOALOALOAOLOLOLLEEOEOELOEL
kthx

Posted Image

#19 Hiddenstalke

Hiddenstalke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1056
  • RBG: 1141

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:00 AM

My ultimate trick is to cap a flag (e.g. in AB) use fox - > move away from flag and move back in around end of cast and/or end of buff. Surprisingly it works quite often in random bgs to "ninja" cap
www.twitch.tv/hiddenstalkeeu

#20 bertdavis69

bertdavis69
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 1791
  • 3v3: 1857
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 192

Posted 14 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

My ultimate trick is to cap a flag (e.g. in AB) use fox - > move away from flag and move back in around end of cast and/or end of buff. Surprisingly it works quite often in random bgs to "ninja" cap

If this actually works, I'm sure it will get hotfixed out. This is awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<