• EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 2302
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

Highest i've been in RBG is 2200, all i can say is that up to that rating it was quite faceroll and as soon as i came near to that rating i began to encounter enemy FC's lagging untouchable from one side of the map to the other and DK's gripping you to places where you'd get stuck.

I don't doubt high level RBG's require a lot of good teamwork and skill (although probably less individual skill than arena) but the amount of exploiting and bullshit going on in this part of the game makes it not fun and not to be taken serious.

#42 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:56 PM

Any rbgs after season 12, maybe the beginning of season 13 as a STRETCH were a complete joke in every way. This is when your favorite dodgers and ddosers finally were able to start getting good (i.e. Datacus) after everyone quit.

#43 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Reedwise
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:14 PM

anyone who thinks there's more emphasis on positioning in rbgs than arena

has never been good at arena

would be like a bunch of dudes who decided they were good at frisbee golf saying it requires more skill than real golf

i just think it's convenient that none of you are ever good at real golf

#44 Sevre

Sevre
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/2/1/2
  • 2v2: 2257
  • 3v3: 2315
  • 5v5: 2314
  • RBG: 2500

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:19 PM

The analogy doesn't work; the more players you have, the less emphasis there is on individual performance.

A Roman gladiator who fights in small skirmishes in front of a large audience vs. a legionnaire who fights in a column, never spectated

Which one do you think would be a more fierce opponent?

--

Even on the best teams, there are lots of players whose subpar individual skill is offset by some other value they provide to the group: leadership, organization, x's friend, just someone we've always played with, whoever is online right now. 10v10 would be cool if there was a solo queue, but the way it works it's just a zerg fest.

If you could spectate 10v10 teamfights, you'd see how inefficient most RBG players are. The only place in this game where stat padding is done to any effect. Most RBG veterans will tell you that Hunters are useless, Ferals can't be played, etc - meanwhile, many of them have never even been Gladiator legitimately.

It's just stupid, FotM/easy mode conquest points for casual players.

If there was an RBG solo queue, you would be right. The political/social system in place does not encourage skill, it encourages networking.

But in games when its a really good team vs another really good team the weakest link in the chain is what loses you games, so if you have the same comp or different comps that you can match up against, but one team has a healer that slacks on dispelling that alone could mean a loss.

A lot of people have this stereotype that most rbgers such at the game and most teams win because of their combined retardation is great enough to beat other retards, when in actual fact the ladders look like this:

Wintraders
Good teams that meet wintraders so get insanely inflated
Good teams that know how to play and ddosers / hackers
Teams that arnt good but farm low teams and dodge
hota cutoff
teams that push hota with maybe 3 bad players in
then w / e
Bottom

rbgs would be a better bracket if there was more competition, meaning people would be forced to go way above the current skill of teams but its just when you have like the best teams vs new teams its quite discouraging to get better and give them a real fight.
www.Twitch.tv/RamsayLohan
Posted Image

#45 Lirox

Lirox
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Unholy 0/1/2/2/0/2

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

can be a drooling monkey and get hero
best

#46 Nogahn

Nogahn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

imo rbgs require alot of skill and could be entertaining if more players start playing it....
and your 3s>rbg discussion makes 0 sense since they aren't even the same(not even close).

rbg is all about teamplay, coordination and general overview/game sense (ofc good players make a big difference)
there has to be a reason why alot of "gladiator-r1-groups" struggle vs real teams since u've said there isn't a huge difference between arenas and bgs when it comes to the high rated enviroment.
usualy they(glad-group) are able to win a zerg but most of the time they lose due to the fact that they are getting outplayed (can't handle incs / advanced tactics/ don't know how to react in certain situations) because their arena xp is kinda useless in rbg because rbg is a different story.

Edited by Nogahn, 02 November 2014 - 07:50 PM.

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

• Banned
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/./0/1/.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

It used to be that 3s required a lot more skill than RBGs, but MoP made it so faceroll I wouldn't be surprised if RBGs were actually harder than running, say, LSD or RMD.

Also, RBGs are actually balanced. You don't autolose matches because you have the bad luck to play against, say, LSD.

I don't see RMDS at blizzcon, btw where's ur r1 title?
Shit game is shit :) btw Butthex, ur still a nobody, thx for reminding me to fix my shit sign

#48 Criterboyswag

Criterboyswag
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Exodar
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2362
  • 3v3: 2637
  • 5v5: 1517
  • RBG: 2095

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:13 PM

Highest skillcap in terms of coordination and teamwork? Yeah, I agree. Highest skillcap in terms of individual skill? I would argue no.

Edited by Criterboyswag, 03 November 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#49 Matduke

Matduke
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1946
  • 3v3: 2622
  • RBG: 1776

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:46 PM

wait aren't there 3 people on an arena team? wait doesn't that also make it a team, so it would require teamwork? guys im confuzed

#50 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:48 PM

i pressed blood boil to 2400 in rbgs this season, am i good at the game yet

#51 Noxnoxnox

Noxnoxnox
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2340
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1721
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

i pressed blood boil to 2400 in rbgs this season, am i good at the game yet

ur getting there man

small steps

#52 Reflexyo

Reflexyo
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/2/2/2/0/1/.
  • 2v2: 1743
  • 3v3: 1617
  • 5v5: 1247
  • RBG: 2570

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:12 PM

good thing im rich

fking djbenx the dirty scumbag ddoxer fk u ruining my game experience

#53 Celaurthor

Celaurthor
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 2/0/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 766
  • 3v3: 1666
  • RBG: 1793

Posted 02 November 2014 - 09:50 PM

imo rbgs require alot of skill and could be entertaining if more players start playing it....
and your 3s>rbg discussion makes 0 sense since they aren't even the same(not even close).

rbg is all about teamplay, coordination and general overview/game sense (ofc good players make a big difference)
there has to be a reason why alot of "gladiator-r1-groups" struggle vs real teams since u've said there isn't a huge difference between arenas and bgs when it comes to the high rated enviroment.
usualy they(glad-group) are able to win a zerg but most of the time they lose due to the fact that they are getting outplayed (can't handle incs / advanced tactics/ don't know how to react in certain situations) because their arena xp is kinda useless in rbg because rbg is a different story.

Most of the top rbg teams are packed with r1 players.

No one could ever be proven right or wrong because RBGs is just a fucking cesspool right now. But individual player skill rarely shines in rbgs unless they are in a key roll. This expansions RBGs relied solely on who had more scripts/booters/various other cheats. Maybe WoD will help show how skill based RBGs can be but I am going to go ahead and say nothing will change(except for maybe MOST honorbuddy heroes being gone).

EDIT: letter/spacing

Edited by Celaurthor, 02 November 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#54 elbzou

elbzou
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Burning Blade
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/0/1/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 1973
  • 3v3: 2685
  • 5v5: 2573
  • RBG: 1342

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:33 PM

dats for godamn sho

#55 Hiroshx1

Hiroshx1
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 768
  • 3v3: 384
  • RBG: 1989

Posted 02 November 2014 - 11:49 PM

Best Rogue in RBG eu here i can confirm, unseenz

ddoser scumbag with fakename gj

#56 Winkay

Winkay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 2661

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:01 AM

ddoser scumbag with fakename gj

When you buy a boost now they ask you to rename to a good player of that class so that people don't report them

#57 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:11 AM

When you buy a boost now they ask you to rename to a good player of that class so that people don't report them

and people say that wintrading at 6am is tryhard :D

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#58 Winkay

Winkay
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1669
  • 3v3: 2279
  • RBG: 2661

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:15 AM

and people say that wintrading at 6am is tryhard :D

Not really tryhard :P People are stupid enough to believe people like Praii have 50 Rogues, when they're just boosted randoms lol

#59 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:18 AM

i could call my character wintradegodx and not get dq'd

#60 Dahjy

Dahjy
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1615
  • 3v3: 2206
  • RBG: 2125

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:11 AM

sure now lets see 3 of those rbgers play 3 arena players and see how it goes
Twitch.tv/Dahjy WW monk / Ret arena/rbgs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<