Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:25 AM

Only need 52 more rep to achieve my dream of 4,000 rep.... so close
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#182 Panzerhenk

Panzerhenk
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1575
  • 5v5: 1148

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

Quality posts lads
Havent had a carb since 2004

#183 oluhcyppop

oluhcyppop
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1993
  • 3v3: 2738
  • RBG: 2268

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:57 AM

every season i rbg'd i was on the best team or competed with the best teams, but i couldn't get 2k in arena

i disagree with op
Everybody plays the tough guy until shit goes down

#184 Datacuss

Datacuss
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Alterac Mountains
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/0/1/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1947
  • 3v3: 2351
  • 5v5: 384
  • RBG: 2287

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:03 AM

every season i rbg'd i was on the best team or competed with the best teams, but i couldn't get 2k in arena

i disagree with op

whenever I looked you were always one of the highest rated DK's in 3s along with chimpoe. strange

#185 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:04 AM

Racist? How so? People immigrating from countries with lower average IQ's is going to drop the average IQ of the countries they move to?
Is it Racist when i say Israel would be higher because of their immigrants?

Statistics aren't racist..

Statistics aren't racist, but what you call statistics is just hand waving gibberish.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture...

#186 Monkeyaids

Monkeyaids
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Garona
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/2

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

what the fuck theres been 15 seasons

#187 Hordii

Hordii
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1380
  • 3v3: 288

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

tbh you seem to be a perfect example of you're analogy, skill cap is only cc and interrupts!!!

Yes let me just sit here and list everything that defines skill instead of giving examples.

oooh oooh... I know, i know. I can explain skill cap. You have a jar. The lid to the jar is the "ceiling" or the skill cap. Inside the jar you have liquid. Some jars hold less volume, therefore, some smaller jars that in fact hold less volume have smaller or lesser "celings" or skill caps.

To explain this is WoW terms... Compare a warrior to a 6 fluid ounce jar. and compare a rogue to a 24 oz fluid jar. It harder or takes more to fill the jar or "skill cap" of the rogue than it does to fill the jar or "skill cap" of the warrior.

If you judge arenas versus RBGs in terms of "skill cap" or filling a certain size jar, then one would automatically HAVE to assume that RBGs do in fact have a higher skill cap because there are more ways and more instances that one or multiple people can pull off skillful things inside an RBG. There are only so many things that one player or an arena team can do in an arena to peek at skill.. In my opinion, there are ALOT more in RBGs.

Oh also, I forgot to include that once you have filled the jar to maximum volume (whatever substance is in the jar is nearly overflowing and touching the lid) then you have reached skill cap.

Im pretty sure i defined skill cap pretty well here =]

This still doesnt change the fact that i loath RBGs. Im just arguing the actual meaning of skill cap.

But my rambling into an analogy that makes sense. In theory the larger the team, the higher the possible skillcap due to larger capacity. +1
Posted Image

#188 Jonatan

Jonatan
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/1/0/.
  • 2v2: 1794
  • 3v3: 2408
  • 5v5: 672
  • RBG: 1782
  • LocationSweden

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:48 PM

or a druid.. or a mage...

why am i getting into this again

If LSD looses to RMX id say its probably the warlock playing bad in most cases

#189 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 08 November 2014 - 12:49 PM

I think rbg requires less inidividual skill then arenas. In the case of some classes it is just to maintain maximum damage.
Sure both benefit from twitch reflexes or airtight cc. But getting a kill in rbg is often less rewarding then in arenas.

However the difference in rbg is is that you actually push for the objective rather then the kills.
And these objectives can only be taken if you work towards them as a team. Even if a single class can take care of that job you will still lose 1 player somewere else.
Often these moves require initiative aswell. Many players in rbg just do not react on stuff happening on the map. And only focus on what is going around them. Or have the intention in mind of "Someone else will take care of that."

So in arenas. The reflexes of quick peels, interrupts, airtight follow up cc and anticipation are far ahead of rbgs. Sure those things are beneficial in rbgs too. But have less impact on winning the actual game.

In RBG it is all about communicating with your team. Working together with them. Who pushes towards the objective who stays. It is more tactical.

I like to play both so im not one of the above that tends to pick a side. I'd say arena requires more skill for the individual. Which leads on a higher skillcap overall if all 3 players are involved. Make a mistake and you often pay the price of losing your game.
In rbg not that much. Make a mistake and you die. You can still respawn and run back into the fight. However if your whole team manages to lose an objective it can turn your game around totally.

So. Individual skill = arenas Teamplay = rbgs. Both can benefit from the other but it isn't their priority.
Both work different. And there are quite a lot of players that choose to stick with one bracket and cba to put effort into the other one. Or their mindset is completely wrong to fit into the bracket in the first place. This is actually not a matter of skill. But more of a playstyle problem.

It's also time to grow up and show some sportmanship in the cheating department. Both brackets suffer from them. And all this arena vs rbg / rating dickfencing. It ain't going to help the actual topic.

Edited by Pinka, 08 November 2014 - 01:03 PM.

Posted Image

#190 Holypalaswe

Holypalaswe
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 1604

Posted 08 November 2014 - 02:00 PM

PVE > PVP.

20man > 10man

A ton more players in pve, a ton more competition in PVE.

:rolleyes:

#191 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Reedwise
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

really raids have the highest skill cap because they take 25 people, way more than 20

#192 Zaephyr

Zaephyr
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Haomarush
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy

Posted 08 November 2014 - 03:44 PM

Only need 52 more rep to achieve my dream of 4,000 rep.... so close

only 23 to go, thanks for the ongoing support guys it means so much to me
"Please use an appropriate signature; thanks! www.arenajunkies.com/forum-9/announcement-3-forum-rules-2272014

#193 Jukedlol

Jukedlol
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1455
  • 3v3: 2672
  • RBG: 384

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

PvP > PvE

#194 Nogahn

Nogahn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:36 PM

push push push

:D i'm loving this topic
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

#195 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/./.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:13 AM

frequently players with peanut sized brains will make the argument that "3s has a higher skill cap than rbgs" whereas if they understood what a "skill cap" even refers to they would come to the realization that this is impossible

rbgs will always be both more competitive and stimulating for smarter players, those who are willing to apply knowledge of game mechanics to changes in the environment aka people who can think quickly in more than one dimension will come out on top.

let us for example imagine a situation in which two mice are placed in a box, and that they have to battle to the death. Clearly, the more physically capable, bloodthirsty mouse would come out on top and skill wouldn't be a factor [this is an analogy for playing a better comp, for all you arena people reading this].

ROFL, This guy was capped at 2k throughout the entire duration of WOTLK. Anyone that played on Ner'zhul can confirm this. He used to try to get me to play with him on my alt mage. Why would you even go through the trouble of getting all those fake glad icons on AJ? What's the point? Now you're cheating in rbgs? Damn, that is pathetic.

Edited by KIA Skill, 14 January 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#196 KIA Skill

KIA Skill
  • Truemagician
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/2/2/2/2/./.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:17 AM

Double post

Edited by KIA Skill, 14 January 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#197 Lloix

Lloix
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Korgath
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2301
  • 3v3: 2106
  • RBG: 384
  • LocationDying at the bottom of a pit in the blazing sun

Posted 14 January 2015 - 06:20 AM

Nice necro of one week? Keeping that rampage alive.

I think rbgs are fun but:

'let us for example imagine a situation in which two mice are placed in a box, and that they have to battle to the death. Clearly, the more flyhack capable, bloodthirsty mouse would come out on top and skill wouldn't be a factor'

fixed. Maybe if more people get into rbgs because after doing the 3 win cap for a few months they suddenly have some rating they'll wanna try to push, and more cheaters will bring this stuff to light? JK its blizzard

#198 drzy

drzy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

heres the reason i have a hard time believing rbgs have the "highest skill cap"

a- you can literally run honorbuddy warlock scripts, and have it do more damage than *MOST* warlock players
b- everybody who plays rbg at the top cheats against each other
c- rbgs have been dead since cata
d- nobody gives a fuck about rbgs anymore

Edited by drzy, 14 January 2015 - 07:25 AM.

#199 Azureflames

Azureflames
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 576

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

heres the reason i have a hard time believing rbgs have the "highest skill cap"

a- you can literally run honorbuddy warlock scripts, and have it do more damage than *MOST* warlock players
b- everybody who plays rbg at the top cheats against each other
c- rbgs have been dead since cata
d- nobody gives a fuck about rbgs anymore

None of that has anything to do with skill cap.

I had a lot of fun in RBGs during cataclysm. Only played MoP for a couple of months before quitting. Started up again with WoD and I am pretty disappointed with the amount of cheating going on and the huge population imbalance for skilled players(am on Horde due to friends).

I don't understand why people want to cheat with interrupt scripts/bots, fly hacking, automated gameplay, ddosing, etc.. Don't people have fun playing the game themselves? Things like BoP/ice floes capping, old school The Judge's Gavel, movement speed items, or other gameplay exploits are dumb but still tolerable. Keep the exploits limited to game mechanics and everyone will have a better time. How meaningful is that rating when you've cheated to get there; what's the point?

It was always satisfying beating another top ranked team in a close game and even more satisfying beating a team that was abusing exploits/hacks.

The rampant cheating in RBGs ruins what RBGs could be for both sides. Just take your losses as they come and make adjustments for the next game, don't resort to cheating. If the other team is using abusive scripts/hacks just laugh at them and feel sorry for them. Move on to the next game, no big deal. Rating is just a number.

Edited by Azureflames, 15 January 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#200 zzatbrah

zzatbrah
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Restoration 1/1/2/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2436
  • 5v5: 956
  • RBG: 1657

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:53 PM

frequently players with peanut sized brains will make the argument that "3s has a higher skill cap than rbgs" whereas if they understood what a "skill cap" even refers to they would come to the realization that this is impossible

rbgs will always be both more competitive and stimulating for smarter players, those who are willing to apply knowledge of game mechanics to changes in the environment aka people who can think quickly in more than one dimension will come out on top.

let us for example imagine a situation in which two mice are placed in a box, and that they have to battle to the death. Clearly, the more physically capable, bloodthirsty mouse would come out on top and skill wouldn't be a factor [this is an analogy for playing a better comp, for all you arena people reading this].

youre as dumb as you are bad

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<