• Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Enhancement 2/1/1/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 767
  • 3v3: 2564
  • RBG: 192

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

I'm still confused about the statistic priority and why Mastery is better than Haste? As far as I was aware Multistrike is our best statistic and then follows Haste and Crit (or the other way around, they're close) and then Mastery. So what's the deal with Mastery? I just don't see it as being that strong.

Also, with that priority you suggested some of the gear taken for example, is the helmet which gives Haste/Mastery instead of Multistrike/Mastery. Wouldn't the Multistrike/Mastery one be better instead of Haste/Mastery which you said Haste is so devalued?

The guide is currently outdated and I will update it when I have some more free time / not suspended (hey magemods!)

Haste>Multi>Crit>Mastery is the correct stat prio, with offset helm.

Hi Jaime,

first i wanna say thank you for your guide and help!

What do you think about going full crit gear with haste?
With full gear in pvp environment its about 30% crit unbuffed.
Sure its less multistrike (about 30%) but isn´t crit counted as "multistrike" for LB, too?
And crit overall buffs my LB, offheals and of course EF...
What do you people think about it?

I don't see the benefit of this tbh, you just lose dps as multi etc is worth more.

thanks for the guide m8!

glad it helped =)

if you play a disc priest you are not a real human being 

#62 rincent

rincent
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/1/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2010
  • 3v3: 1634
  • 5v5: 862
  • RBG: 1631

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

hi, how come haste>multi now? also do you think echo of element is worth using for new 6.1? and what about earthquake buff?

#63 Cempa

Cempa
  • Premium
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1670

Posted 06 March 2015 - 07:00 AM

hi, how come haste>multi now? also do you think echo of element is worth using for new 6.1? and what about earthquake buff?

I went to his armory as well as the other elemental (yes its funny they say ele is 'decent' but the number who are able to make it 'decent' can be counted on one hand) and they all use multi...Basically says they are being carried

#64 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

Echo is the best atm im pretty sure, the constant damage increase is really good in most situations. Earthquake is also super nice but more QOL than anything. I prefer haste gear with multistrike enchants (you wanna keep some multistrike.) Haste gear brings cast times to an acceptable level aswell.

#65 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:20 PM

With the 6.2 multistrike changes, do you see the priority shifting?
Posted Image

#66 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

your individual multistrikes will do slightly less damage, but you will multistrike slightly more often, the overall difference is very minor :)

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#67 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 20 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

your individual multistrikes will do slightly less damage, but you will multistrike slightly more often, the overall difference is very minor :)

Mainly thinking that with higher multistrike % you get more fulminations.
Posted Image

#68 jaimee

jaimee
  • Premium Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Bladefist
  • Blackout

Posted 20 June 2015 - 10:42 PM

multistrike>haste>crit>mastery imo, its gna stay the same

i realise i said haste is better before, but after more xp and doing some maths i realised multi is better

Edited by jaimex, 20 June 2015 - 10:47 PM.

#69 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 20 June 2015 - 11:10 PM

Mainly thinking that with higher multistrike % you get more fulminations.

that has zero effect on how you gear tho compared to pre 6.2, still haste + multistrike >>>> everything else

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 20 June 2015 - 11:10 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#70 flameskiller

flameskiller
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents:

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

Very good Guide !

#71 Flitzz

Flitzz
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:46 AM

Read the whole topic, might've missed it, but is ele the only hybrid who "totally" ignores versatility ?
As a casual (and bored with enhancement for now) i'll be picking up ele for funs. Ashran gave me the Warmongering Gladiator's Leggings crit/multi yesterday ^^

Could destro / ele be any fun in 2s like it used to be (in lower bracket) or will window lickers still steamroll this comp ?

edit: Nice guide btw Jaimex :)

#72 Laptop

Laptop
  • Members

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:36 PM

Read the whole topic, might've missed it, but is ele the only hybrid who "totally" ignores versatility ?
As a casual (and bored with enhancement for now) i'll be picking up ele for funs. Ashran gave me the Warmongering Gladiator's Leggings crit/multi yesterday ^^

Could destro / ele be any fun in 2s like it used to be (in lower bracket) or will window lickers still steamroll this comp ?

edit: Nice guide btw Jaimex :)

Hey, friend. It's me, 'the Shoes' here. While I'm no super Thunder Shamans, I may be able to shed some light. Defensively, Thunder Shamans are decent. However, are damage is not too dungo. Thunder Shamans benefit too greatly from Haste and Multistrike to ignore it for Versatility. I don't think Thunder Shaman and Charmanader Dark Mages in 2s would be all to viable; maybe in lower MMRs for funsies wunsies. You have to follow your heart.

#73 Flitzz

Flitzz
  • Members
  • Goblinclass_name
  • EU-Zenedar
  • Blackout
  • Talents:

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Hey, friend. It's me, 'the Shoes' here. While I'm no super Thunder Shamans, I may be able to shed some light. Defensively, Thunder Shamans are decent. However, are damage is not too dungo. Thunder Shamans benefit too greatly from Haste and Multistrike to ignore it for Versatility. I don't think Thunder Shaman and Charmanader Dark Mages in 2s would be all to viable; maybe in lower MMRs for funsies wunsies. You have to follow your heart.

I am reading / lurking AJ since the very beginning, yet I rarely post or comment anything. But you sir, please post more often, so enjoyable yet informative! :)

Don't feel very comfy with the "Defensively, Thunder Shamans are decent" but thanks for sheding your light nevertheless.

#74 Laptop

Laptop
  • Members

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:06 PM

I am reading / lurking AJ since the very beginning, yet I rarely post or comment anything. But you sir, please post more often, so enjoyable yet informative! :)

Don't feel very comfy with the "Defensively, Thunder Shamans are decent" but thanks for sheding your light nevertheless.

What a lovely sentiment, I would definitely share my Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger with you anytime. In regards to the 'decent', it was more for the 3s brackets; pretty sure you're going to flop like a pancake in 2s defensively unless you get Dalaran/Blade's Edge and are da best with those knocks.

#75 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:44 AM

pretty sure you're going to flop like a pancake in 2s defensively unless you get Dalaran/Blade's Edge and are da best with those knocks.

Thats actually pretty true. I was trying 2s with a hunter, getting Primal Elementalist for "Reinforce" in and Shamanistic Resolve Glyphe (-80% Damage Reduction) to survive through the openers, and it made them take longer, but you still get rolled over by melee cleaves.

Best bet for 2s to not be completely depressed after capping is to just get a decent Hpally or Restodruid and just go all PvE on the enemies.

EDIT: If you wanna go for double dps, pick a partner that is insanely good at peeling (subrogue/frostmage) or a partner that can offheal for shittons (Boomy, maybe even Ret?!)
Killin' shit since 2004.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<