Photo

Dilly's Survival Hunter PvP guide (6.2.3)

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#41 perryy

perryy
  • Members
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Survival 1/1/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1636
  • 3v3: 1964
  • 5v5: 2185
  • RBG: 2245

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

ty for bringing it up to date

#42 bertdavis69

bertdavis69

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

Good guide +rep, I do think you are underestimating Barrage a little bit but in general glaive toss is more convenient.

Barrage is one of the most fun talents in the game now for hunters imo. @90 so far, It seems to be doing more damage than an aimed shot crit, and it cleaves, and using barrage+chim is basically a guaranteed thrill proc. If the scaling works the same at 100, I can't see myself using anything else besides barrage for any spec that I play. Losing glaive toss just doesn't feel like that big of a deal for the damage that it does, tbh.

The giant focus sink is kind of clunky for MM, so I'm sure it won't be used on CD like glaive toss can be, but tbh, glaive toss' damage just isn't that great.

Hitting two targets with barrage+chim, then trapping something (50 extra focus) into RF aimed spam is just crazy burst.

#43 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:43 PM

Barrage is one of the most fun talents in the game now for hunters imo. @90 so far, It seems to be doing more damage than an aimed shot crit, and it cleaves, and using barrage+chim is basically a guaranteed thrill proc. If the scaling works the same at 100, I can't see myself using anything else besides barrage for any spec that I play. Losing glaive toss just doesn't feel like that big of a deal for the damage that it does, tbh.

The giant focus sink is kind of clunky for MM, so I'm sure it won't be used on CD like glaive toss can be, but tbh, glaive toss' damage just isn't that great.

Hitting two targets with barrage+chim, then trapping something (50 extra focus) into RF aimed spam is just crazy burst.

Yes barrage allows for very high damage windows. I'll still keep testing it more to weigh positive and negatives from both. I still feel glaive toss is more consistent and reliable, but it's damage is definitely not as high. Honestly it could end up that these choices end up similar to how AMoC vs Blink strikes was in 5.4, where blink strikes was more reliable and consistent damage and was also excellent in killing totems, but AMoC ended up just providing that much more burst. Part of me putting barrage down can also be due to my own stubbornness, as well as preferring my comfort playstyle, but I am willing to admit I could value it higher. Failing to adapt to new changes due to comfort issues or just whatever other reasoning is a poor mistake and is a reason why some players will fall off between expansions (this is mostly seen in rogues, every new expansion for the most part some of the previous highly valued and respected rogues are now considered washed up and bad. ) and as such I will make sure that I do not something like that lead to a decline in not only just my gameplay but the quality of my guide.

Any other suggestions you guys make on me trying I will make sure to put more effort and second considerations to make sure I give accurate information.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#44 Swolefie

Swolefie
  • Members
  • LocationNJ, USA

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

Can't stand the new MM play style. Feels like a caster with KJC.

Probably going to just run SV, because I hate BM, although having no kill shot sucks. Thoughts on the state of SV specifically, or should I just play my rogue and treat this as cata 2.0?

#45 ezz1

ezz1
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:24 AM

Thanks for the guide dilly good job. Sv feels lot better to play at the min, MM just doesn't feel like there is that much to do though I think that will change come lvl 100 though.

#46 Rawrbertlol

Rawrbertlol
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1900
  • 3v3: 2672
  • 5v5: 1656
  • RBG: 1576

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

Hopefully they fix some of the bugs that are plaguing the class, sort of takes the fun away when half of our abilities don't work as intended.. :l

#47 Shrekt

Shrekt
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1711
  • 3v3: 1987
  • RBG: 1892

Posted 05 November 2014 - 09:02 AM

Soo Gewd Dylan

#48 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:07 AM

Can't stand the new MM play style. Feels like a caster with KJC.

Probably going to just run SV, because I hate BM, although having no kill shot sucks. Thoughts on the state of SV specifically, or should I just play my rogue and treat this as cata 2.0?

I've really enjoyed the feel of marksman in arenas, as it feels we just bring the ability to finish off games. Survival is nice on it's own and dueling though, but yeah with team mates with peels or hard cc i feel marks is awesome. Paired with rogues, warriors, and ferals especially I love the spec :)

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#49 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hopefully they fix some of the bugs that are plaguing the class, sort of takes the fun away when half of our abilities don't work as intended.. :l

Yeah the bugs are really annoying. Full list here http://us.battle.net...pic/15085148436

Posted Image

#50 AltairWoW

AltairWoW
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

Whaoh, they fixed explosive trap to knock away from the trap, not the hunter? With that and evasion dodging crows being fixed, it's nice to see someone actually working to fix hunters. Thought it was gonna be a "wait til next expansion" kinda schedule on the fixes.

#51 Iffyx

Iffyx
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1936
  • 3v3: 2703
  • 5v5: 1747
  • RBG: 1730
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

Thank you for this Dilly. Now that some pet's have been given an MS effect pet what do you think about using that over 5% crit for Beast/PHD?
www.twitch.tv/PRIMEWIREISGOD

#52 Lapeane

Lapeane
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Survival 0/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2498
  • 3v3: 2729
  • RBG: 1972

Posted 05 November 2014 - 03:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/7SNoiTZ.jpg

Good guide, Kappa

#53 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:52 PM

you would definitely use ms pet over anything else if you are playing a comp with no other ms
Posted Image

#54 Wayreth

Wayreth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2277
  • RBG: 1758

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:27 PM

In regards to the barrage debate, I'm not sure if the "pro-barrage" people have played at lvl 100, but the scaling is much different and things that you see on live like chimera or barrage taking off 50% of a health bar just aren't really a thing. damage on most abilities at 100 is only marginally increased from what you see on live and health pools are around 4x larger.

As was mentioned, the high focus cost + channeled + CC breaking along with the scaling at 100, would make me thing most people will end up using glaive toss.

I'm just a shitty 2k hunter alt so I could be way off, but figured I'd throw that out there :)

#55 Shocketh

Shocketh
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Elemental 0/1/0/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1776
  • 3v3: 2417
  • RBG: 1678

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:05 PM

Good guide my man :D You mentioned that they added a LoseControl type thing in the interface with the introduction of WoD. Would you mind explaining where that's at? I haven't played much lately and I can't seem to find it.

#56 tazmvp

tazmvp
  • Junkies

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:53 PM

Interface > Combat > Loss of Control Alerts at the bottom

Edit:
And if you mean the OmniCC / Cooldowns build in "addon"
its under

Interface > Action Bars > Show Numbers for Cooldowns

#57 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 05 November 2014 - 10:10 PM

Whaoh, they fixed explosive trap to knock away from the trap, not the hunter? With that and evasion dodging crows being fixed, it's nice to see someone actually working to fix hunters. Thought it was gonna be a "wait til next expansion" kinda schedule on the fixes.

Yes they fixed it :D

Thank you for this Dilly. Now that some pet's have been given an MS effect pet what do you think about using that over 5% crit for Beast/PHD?

I'd use MS pet if it's not available. However at 90 it's slightly different I think. I know revolutio prefers me to use the wolf when we are playing frost phd right now just for the extra potential for us to burst someone down. At 100, I'd def just stick with an MS pet though :)

In regards to the barrage debate, I'm not sure if the "pro-barrage" people have played at lvl 100, but the scaling is much different and things that you see on live like chimera or barrage taking off 50% of a health bar just aren't really a thing. damage on most abilities at 100 is only marginally increased from what you see on live and health pools are around 4x larger.

As was mentioned, the high focus cost + channeled + CC breaking along with the scaling at 100, would make me thing most people will end up using glaive toss.

I'm just a shitty 2k hunter alt so I could be way off, but figured I'd throw that out there :)

Yes, I agreed. Tested it out at 90 a lot, and it's also still just pretty unreliable to have a channeled ability and another cast as marksman. I think glaive toss even though it's damage is lower is still superior due to it's consistency and whatnot. Just having an extra instant is awesome as Marks and like I have said before the fact that it give you a quick way to proc ToTH is also very nice. And at 100 I was positive glaive toss was better anyways, so the glaive vs barrage was as you said just something for 90.

Good guide my man :D You mentioned that they added a LoseControl type thing in the interface with the introduction of WoD. Would you mind explaining where that's at? I haven't played much lately and I can't seem to find it.

What tazm said will answer your question. :)

Posted Image

#58 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:01 PM

eat sleep pvp, repeat

#traplyfe
Posted Image

#59 Pikaboo

Pikaboo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Combat 1/1/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2371
  • 3v3: 2748
  • RBG: 1759

Posted 05 November 2014 - 11:35 PM

can glinksz make edits on this ?

#60 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 06 November 2014 - 12:07 AM

: ^ )

Sorry, your post must be at least 2 word(s) long.

Edited by Dillypoo, 06 November 2014 - 12:15 AM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<