Photo

Dilly's Survival Hunter PvP guide (6.2.3)

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#21 BluBlu

BluBlu
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 2302
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

What pet you bros usin?

sporebat ofc

#22 Baabaakanush

Baabaakanush
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Restoration 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2058
  • RBG: 192

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:44 PM

i dont even play hunter or ever expect to but holy shit, impressive guide dilly.

#23 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:18 PM

Holy crap woke up this morning to tons of positive feedback, thanks everyone!

@bert yes I suppose there will be scenarios where barrage will be useful but it will also come down to your comp and the enemy team's comp.

@Taco yes you're right, the server responsiveness have made Meld very difficult to get off properly, but I still know that it is possible. I am fairly sure some players with insanely good reflexes (thinking of pikaboo levels of reaction time) will be able to use it to it's potential still.

As for retitling it, that is possibly a good idea, however I am still not certain yet as even though the guide is Marksman focused I still am trying to keep details from other specs into it that will make it so that no matter what spec you are playing there is something to learn. However it is a valid point to prevent confusion in the meantime, until I have sections for Survival as well, so I will consider changing it.

My wolf owns too hard to give up, I just love him :) Thank you for the positive feedback taco.

@Everyone seriously though, thank you for all of the comments, they are definitely very encouraging. I'm just happy if I can help at least one person with a guide, so getting multiple people say they appreciate it is awesome.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#24 catastrophiq1

catastrophiq1
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/0/0/1/0/.
  • 5v5: 2262

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

need that shoutout to your boy glinkz

#25 applesauce25r624

applesauce25r624
  • Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

great guide, dillypoo !

thank you for taking the time to create it

#26 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:40 PM

great guide, dillypoo !

thank you for taking the time to create it

Thank you for the positive feedback <3

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#27 Nogahn

Nogahn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/1/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1845
  • 3v3: 1705
  • RBG: 1638
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

dilly are u gonna add some stuff once lvl 100 is available /(like general starts / most viable comps (ranking) )
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

#28 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 31 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

dilly are u gonna add some stuff once lvl 100 is available /(like general starts / most viable comps (ranking) )

Yes

Posted Image

#29 ajimenez791

ajimenez791
  • Members

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:47 PM

Dilly--

Happened upon your guide and HAD to create an account just to thank you for putting together such a thorough guide!

I was looking for something that would cover not just glyphs, talents, abilities, but tactics and minor tips like the Growl Grounding Totem & Rogues! I've been playing hunter since Vanilla and always look for more information and can say I learned plenty from your short guide.

It wasn't until I got to the end that I realized you had just posted this TODAY! how CURRENT :P

Made me excited just to get home and get some PVP in! Happy Halloween!

#30 Nahj

Nahj
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1594
  • 3v3: 2686
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationAZ

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:25 AM

Great guide except

· Cupid Cleave – Ret, Hunter, Healer (mainly Priest)

As a friend please don't...

#31 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:34 AM

Dilly--

Happened upon your guide and HAD to create an account just to thank you for putting together such a thorough guide!

I was looking for something that would cover not just glyphs, talents, abilities, but tactics and minor tips like the Growl Grounding Totem & Rogues! I've been playing hunter since Vanilla and always look for more information and can say I learned plenty from your short guide.

It wasn't until I got to the end that I realized you had just posted this TODAY! how CURRENT :P

Made me excited just to get home and get some PVP in! Happy Halloween!

Thanks man glad it helped you.

Great guide except

As a friend please don't...

Posted Image

+rep for more shwayzee pics

Posted Image

#32 rageTG

rageTG
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:17 PM

Good guide +rep, I do think you are underestimating Barrage a little bit but in general glaive toss is more convenient.

#33 Barriery

Barriery
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Drak'thul
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/0/0/.

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:07 PM

Nice guide. Just wanted to say that aspect of the cheetah doesnt stack with posthaste. Also why do you use names in macros instead of party1/party2 etc. so you dont have to swap it all the time ?

#34 rageTG

rageTG
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Executus
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

Nice guide. Just wanted to say that aspect of the cheetah doesn't stack with posthaste. Also why do you use names in macros instead of party1/party2 etc. so you don't have to swap it all the time ?

I don't know about him, but people tend to do that for familiarity as a DPS, for example you always want each bind to be the same.

Like G is sac DPS partner H is healer partner etc, so while you have to change the names the bind is always for the same role player (healer/dps) obviously you wouldn't do this as a healer.

#35 Mattadoro

Mattadoro
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Mannoroth
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/1/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2090
  • 3v3: 2769
  • 5v5: 2517
  • RBG: 767
  • LocationGAINSville, The Gym

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:25 PM

you can also fit in like 6-8 names per macro. My sac dps and sac healer macros have 5-6 names in each of them. hardly ever have to change them and like puprle said familiarity
Posted Image

#36 Attono

Attono
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Bloodhoof
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Subtlety 0/2/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2383
  • 3v3: 2889
  • RBG: 2330

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

Nice work Dilly

#37 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:18 PM

I don't know about him, but people tend to do that for familiarity as a DPS, for example you always want each bind to be the same.

Like G is sac DPS partner H is healer partner etc, so while you have to change the names the bind is always for the same role player (healer/dps) obviously you wouldn't do this as a healer.

Yes this is exactly why.

Posted Image

#38 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:22 PM

Nice guide. Just wanted to say that aspect of the cheetah doesnt stack with posthaste. Also why do you use names in macros instead of party1/party2 etc. so you dont have to swap it all the time ?

Looks like they have changed that recently, because it has always stacked before. Anyways I'll go and change it.

Posted Image

#39 Yberioon

Yberioon
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Alonsus
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Affliction
  • LocationCzech republic,Prague

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:06 PM

Awesome guide,after 10y i decied to try hunter class and this guide is just gift from gods! Saved lot of time with your well written guide. Cant thanks enough :heart: :duckers:

#40 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 November 2014 - 04:40 PM

Awesome guide,after 10y i decied to try hunter class and this guide is just gift from gods! Saved lot of time with your well written guide. Cant thanks enough :heart: :duckers:

Haha thanks man. In coming weeks there will definitely be more added to this guide, especially as the expansion releases. I want this guide to pretty much teach nearly everything I can about the hunter class, so it will eventually get even more detail. I'll find a way to make it easier to navigate through with the increasing length.

Anyways seriously, thanks everyone for all the positive feedback, I'm glad I've been able to help.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<