Photo

Dilly's Survival Hunter PvP guide (6.2.3)

• Please log in to reply
395 replies to this topic

#341 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Survival 1/2/1/0/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2867
  • RBG: 1680

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:51 AM

Hey dilly. With the recent warrior buff I'm running KFC now. What is the best spec for the warrior and hunter in this comp??

Either BM/SV or Arms/Fury work currently. You can play whichever spec you want (Before the buff fury was played more since it had better single target, but after arms buffs they're both equal). Just play whichever specs you guys like the most, they'll all work out :)

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#342 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:55 AM

Hey Dilly, can you rate Hunter specs for Thug from best to worst? Have you even tried Survival Thug yet? I remember there use to be a way to do 4 explosive shots in a row or something in Mop for burst.

Also do you think Hunters are slowly losing their place on teams to Mages? I've watched you die to people that you die to RLDS and Godcomps that you were imo outplaying at the time just because of ur class. If you disagree, what comps are Hunters better than Mages?

BM>>>MM>>>>>SV for thugcleave (because the comp is really dependent on burst set up and kill windows SV is not as strong/necessary with the comp. You don't kill in long CC chains, you kill in windows of 3v1/bursts with dance up, so the specs with kill shot and actual burst CDs are more efficient in this comp. BM is obviously the best because it's really hard to shut down it's burst on top of it being extremely consistent, having a shorter cd on it's burst, and also being able to purge spam, however MM can still work well with good 3v1s and set ups.)

I don't really think hunters are losing their places to mages. Hunters are better than mages in some combinations of classes, while mages are stronger than hunters in others. If you're a warrior feral or ret, you're going to have a better time with a hunter over a mage. If you're a rogue or shadowpriest, then a mage can be better in some match ups, while a hunter can be better in others.

the only hunter i approve of is dillypoo. the remainder of hunters' existence offends me to my core. when i wake up, i am troubled that in some parts of the world, there are other humans who still partake in slavery, sex trafficking, and hunter playing on world of warcraft

Posted Image

did you ever get round to taking it? It's actually the best free site i've found :)

Gonna take that as you flopped hard and couldn't get near my score with repeated tries :)

#343 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 18 January 2015 - 02:57 AM

iam having problems to trap druids in 2s which are just max ranging while pillar humping and theire dd is just spamm slowing me i get every 40 sec a trap with binding or with sting but after that i feel useless cuz i just cant connect to them and if i can i have to wait for blink.

It's just a mindgame, you just have to get a feel for how they'll react to you getting to them. Posthaste can help out a lot when trying to get to them since it'll break snares/roots and also you'll run a lot faster making it easier for you to stay on top of him. After that point it's all about trying to juke his blink really, if you can force him to blink without trapping and then reconnect, you're golden.

Posted Image

#344 Hehmar

Hehmar
  • Members

Posted 20 January 2015 - 07:34 AM

Hey Dilly,

current i play surv/retri/resto shaman.
most of the time i play with binding shot, but when should i pick wyvern and how should i use it?

#345 SoGi

SoGi
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1357
  • 3v3: 761

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

Hi,

I'm currently playing BM and Survival, mainly playing with a combat / sub rogue in 2s who also plays a Rduid. 3s will be with the same rogue and most likely a Hpala / Rduid.

My question is, should I still go the 2pc then Ashran parts? How much will BM be affected due to only 2pc and different stat priorities?

Hope that makes sense, thanks for the help.

#346 Imtaz

Imtaz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Survival 1/0/1/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2519
  • RBG: 1895
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 20 January 2015 - 01:34 PM

Hi,

I'm currently playing BM and Survival, mainly playing with a combat / sub rogue in 2s who also plays a Rduid. 3s will be with the same rogue and most likely a Hpala / Rduid.

My question is, should I still go the 2pc then Ashran parts? How much will BM be affected due to only 2pc and different stat priorities?

Hope that makes sense, thanks for the help.

Play 4 set with versatility shoulders if you mainly play beast mastery, If you casualy play BM go for the 2set

Once you hit full gear just get the best gear fot both specs if you like to swap around

#347 Stanislovas

Stanislovas
  • Members

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:42 PM

Hey dilly. I have an opportunity to play either of these comps:
DK/Hunter/Healer
Feral/Hunter/Healer
Warlock/Hunter/Healer

Which one of these would be the best to achieve high rating right now? And which healer would it need to have? What hunter spec?

#348 Brr

Brr
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Combat

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

Im not dilly but i think jungle might be the best comp out of those, and the most fun at the same time.. you should play what spec suits you better, id go with surv but both BM and surv will work out, id play jungle with rshaman>disc priest>hpala, while priest is dog compared to other healers i still think disc has a special place in jungle cleave.

#349 Kettu

Kettu
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Dunemaul
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 1/0/2/0/2/0
  • RBG: 960
  • LocationKuwait

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:35 PM

Hello DillyPoo,

What is your opinion on "a murder of crows" scaling with BM mastery? I feel crows ticking for 3-5% of your target's max hp every second can't be intended game design and should probably be nerfed. It feels crows burst (BM) is simply too high if done right.

Here is a short guide on how to burst and play the openers as BM.

#350 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

Hello DillyPoo,

What is your opinion on "a murder of crows" scaling with BM mastery? I feel crows ticking for 3-5% of your target's max hp every second can't be intended game design and should probably be nerfed. It feels crows burst (BM) is simply too high if done right.

Here is a short guide on how to burst and play the openers as BM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGxF-92Lo7I

It power owns

Posted Image

#351 Agonishdeath

Agonishdeath
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1302
  • RBG: 576

Posted 24 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

Hm what do you do when both macro windows are completely full and you need atleast 3 more macros? :) Searched for addon but didn't find any :o

Btw, I'm stuck deciding if I'm gonna go for vers or mastery as main stat. Most high rated surv seems to go mastery but versatility should be better according to the raw damage stats.

#352 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Hm what do you do when both macro windows are completely full and you need atleast 3 more macros? :) Searched for addon but didn't find any :o

Btw, I'm stuck deciding if I'm gonna go for vers or mastery as main stat. Most high rated surv seems to go mastery but versatility should be better according to the raw damage stats.

They added more macro slots in the general tab for wod, should be able to help you out.

Versatility is best damage for survival, most of the people going mastery might be swapping between both BM and SV because the damage increase from versatility to mastery as survival extremely high compared to the damage of versatility>mastery for BM (BM's mastery scales insanely well with crows etc)

Posted Image

#353 mollify

mollify
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 1323

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:59 AM

Some great stuff in here (so thanks in advance). Currently building a KFC team with Arms/BM/MW (me) — what pet should our BM hunter be running? He likes to run snare for some passive peels off me, but I feel Mortal Strike is going to be much more useful. We're winning the majority of our games (not even ratleague yet, yo) but attempting to understand the meta more.

What pet are other BM's running in 3's?

#354 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

Some great stuff in here (so thanks in advance). Currently building a KFC team with Arms/BM/MW (me) — what pet should our BM hunter be running? He likes to run snare for some passive peels off me, but I feel Mortal Strike is going to be much more useful. We're winning the majority of our games (not even ratleague yet, yo) but attempting to understand the meta more.

Devilsaur is best for KFC as BM. Even though you already have mortal strike, the 5% crit is really strong :).

Posted Image

#355 Agonishdeath

Agonishdeath
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Marksmanship 0/0/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1302

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:05 AM

They added more macro slots in the general tab for wod, should be able to help you out.

Versatility is best damage for survival, most of the people going mastery might be swapping between both BM and SV because the damage increase from versatility to mastery as survival extremely high compared to the damage of versatility>mastery for BM (BM's mastery scales insanely well with crows etc)

Thanks, will check it out :D

According to "Hunter stat valuation"-post (i cant post URLs) Vers is better even for BM, but maybe the burst is better with mastery ;)

Some good info about pets there also :)

Edited by Agonishdeath, 26 January 2015 - 06:07 AM.

#356 Stanislovas

Stanislovas
  • Members

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:03 AM

Hey man, is BM still the best spec for thug cleave? And what rogue spec would you choose too? What pet for hunter?

#357 Dhorothy

Dhorothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1941

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

You should probably run a spirit beast because Mastery is far better than crit for both of your dps classes. Heal is decent as well.

#358 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:30 PM

You should probably run a spirit beast because Mastery is far better than crit for both of your dps classes. Heal is decent as well.

This is actually correct. Mastery is best for arms especially. I wrongly assumed you had said fury, in which case most fury warriors I've seen prefer the crit.

Posted Image

#359 Dills

Dills
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Hey man, is BM still the best spec for thug cleave? And what rogue spec would you choose too? What pet for hunter?

Yes bm is without a doubt the best spec for thug cleave ^_^

Rogue can play combat or sub, just comes down to preference. Pet is going to be spirit beast :)

Posted Image

#360 Dhorothy

Dhorothy
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/0/2/2
  • RBG: 1941

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:47 AM

This is actually correct. Mastery is best for arms especially. I wrongly assumed you had said fury, in which case most fury warriors I've seen prefer the crit.

Shale spider gives crit and stats.

http://www.wow-petop...halespider.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<