Photo

Borngood's Holy Paladin PvP Guide Legion and (7.0.3)

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#81 boatznhoez

boatznhoez

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:08 AM

Idk about you guys but I'm loving the Freedom glyph, it really fucks mages when you freedom the deep and los/sac before they finish casting poly.

#82 Ghoruz

Ghoruz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Subtlety

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:09 AM

@Rylex. What spec was is your DK using?

I'll be playing Boomkin / hpala / dk but can't decide whether frost or unholy would be better. Also, is he using Nercotic plague?
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

#83 Rylexcamel

Rylexcamel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:16 AM

@Rylex. What spec was is your DK using?

I'll be playing Boomkin / hpala / dk but can't decide whether frost or unholy would be better. Also, is he using Nercotic plague?

my dk played unholy and he actually played with breath of cindragusa .
for boomkin dk id say play unholy with nectrotic plague

Edited by Rylexcamel, 22 November 2014 - 07:17 AM.

#84 Ghoruz

Ghoruz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:19 AM

I find it interesting how you have such a good trackrecord in 2vs2 as hpala / unholy. I am a fucking terrible DK, it has be said, but I find the damage of unholy underwhelming compared to frost so not sure how you manage to score kills on any healer + DPS unless you wait for dampening to kick in
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

#85 Rylexcamel

Rylexcamel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:24 AM

I find it interesting how you have such a good trackrecord in 2vs2 as hpala / unholy. I am a fucking terrible DK, it has be said, but I find the damage of unholy underwhelming compared to frost so not sure how you manage to score kills on any healer + DPS unless you wait for dampening to kick in

my dk does insane dmg all the time, it feels really op. maybe ur not full gear yet?

#86 Ghoruz

Ghoruz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:29 AM

I am full honor gear (ilvl675) (got it from afking in ashran for 6 hours, gg) so it's not a matter of gear. Guess I am just more trash on DK than I thought.

#87 Interinside

Interinside
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/././.

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

Had like a 6/7 min game vs Revolol and some R1 hpal (can't remember name, if you're reading this - hello friend). We almost won in one spot but Revo got a nice wall and I didn't lock his hpal's heal because I didn't have a focus macro (terrible).

The main issue here was his hpal literally had >90% mana the entire game, and I was almost OOM. I was taking way more pressure than he was the entire game, but Revo was taking some mean damage here and there too. With that said, am I just not managing my heals properly when being tunneled? I was playing hpal/hunter.
curse integration is garbage

#88 Interinside

Interinside
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/././.

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:06 AM

My face when this whole time I had no idea you could apply SS to more than 1 target. Wow.....................

How long has it been since they changed it back to how it used to be?
curse integration is garbage

#89 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 24 November 2014 - 02:31 PM

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that the battlemaster trinket gives so little HP? i mean 12k HP on a 280k+- healthpool... i feel like it could have been quite beneficial this season for paladins.. Did they fuck up the scaling or something?

#90 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1577
  • 3v3: 2492
  • RBG: 1509

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:33 PM

Battlemaster def needs a buff, probably to at least double what it is now. Will help all healers out, not just paladins.

#91 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:02 PM

Battlemaster def needs a buff, probably to at least double what it is now. Will help all healers out, not just paladins.

i'd say at least 2.5x as much. I was looking at some old cata videos, and on a 114800 healthpool (ilvl 365) the battlemaster gave a buff of 11550 health. Which translates to 10.06% health gained.
Lets say we assume that 10% is a solid number for the amount of health that should be gained. Then with the current blue gear which has rougly 280k health the battlemaster should give 28k bonus health.
Compared with the current trinket that gives 12k health. It should be increased by 2.3x.

And this is not even taking into account that the effective health gained from the cataclysm trinket would have been a lot more due to resilience.

#92 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:06 AM

Updated glyph section, put in an important macro everyone needs (hopefully), and updated team compositions (need more feedback though). The team composition part of the guide will be revised heavily.

#93 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:56 AM

Updated glyph section, put in an important macro everyone needs (hopefully), and updated team compositions (need more feedback though). The team composition part of the guide will be revised heavily.

I love the idea behind Glyph of Hand of Freedom, btw are you aware of this?

(quoting from an other post )

Since WoD patch it's broken again. Made the tweets. There are soo many bugs right now. Basic things.. like the HoF glyph doesn't reduce CC on teammates which it clearly should according to the tooltip. I wonder if they even test things for 1 second before they put them into the game. I feel like their programmers just randomly add code that "should" work without thinking it through. Frustrating.

#94 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hand of freedom glyph is 100% bugged using on your teammates, just tested it out multiple times, we need to get this bug fixed!

I made a post on the official blizzard forum, please upvote http://us.battle.net...pic/15354966955

Edited by Borngood, 28 November 2014 - 04:49 PM.

#95 Avengelyne

Avengelyne
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Zul'jin
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 2805
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationOntario! TDOT

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Pretty dumb.

Edited by Avengelyne, 28 November 2014 - 04:36 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/avengtv -- Follow for Ret 3v3 Arenas on Live and Beta!

I prefer combat because my dong is large and I will face the enemy like a man rather than sprint over to a pillar for a re after my opener is up.

sorry, I don't speak duellist

#96 Rylexcamel

Rylexcamel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:07 AM

im pretty sure everyone here have already noticed its not going to be a melee cleave season at all
lsp , lsd2 , and all the comps that were top tier last season + dk comps are going to be top tier now
as hpalas its really hard for us to heal this comps with our shitty heals , while discs and rdruids have an easy time vs this comps..

i think the main problem with hpaladins are:
without wings our heals are pretty shitty and with wings are heals are too good

just gonna share my thoughts about changes id like to see:
-buff holy shock to heal atleast double the amount it does now (10k heal)
-holy shock crits make next flash of light an instant cast
-divine plea back in the game, i feel like divine plea was a good way to control mana (remember wotlk plea?)
-wings nerfed to 50% instead of 100% healing increase

or
make saved by the light baseline to every holy pala
- beacon of insight (our useless level 100 talent) should be off gcd and increase the next holy shock heal by 100% or make word of glory instant

maybe make sacred shield only a single target instead of 3 and buff its absorb so if i predict a switch on me i can actually do something against it?

Edited by Rylexcamel, 29 November 2014 - 09:38 AM.

#97 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/1/1/1
  • 3v3: 480
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 384

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:13 PM

So what enchants do you guys go for?

I'm thinking crit proc on weapon, versatility on everything else.

Also, is getting 2/5 scaled set for the denounce set bonus + 3/5 Ashran versatility pieces a good idea? Seeing as the 4/4 set bonus sucks anyway? The way I see it, holy will be prime train target, so that added dmg mitigation seems pretty cool if we can stack about 8-9%.

Edited by Gigana, 29 November 2014 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

#98 mnny

mnny
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Restoration 2/0/2/1/0/0
  • RBG: 2219
  • LocationPannonia

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

IM DYING LOL

#99 Clolien

Clolien
  • Members

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:56 AM

im pretty sure everyone here have already noticed its not going to be a melee cleave season at all
lsp , lsd2 , and all the comps that were top tier last season + dk comps are going to be top tier now
as hpalas its really hard for us to heal this comps with our shitty heals , while discs and rdruids have an easy time vs this comps..

i think the main problem with hpaladins are:
without wings our heals are pretty shitty and with wings are heals are too good

just gonna share my thoughts about changes id like to see:
-buff holy shock to heal atleast double the amount it does now (10k heal)
-holy shock crits make next flash of light an instant cast
-divine plea back in the game, i feel like divine plea was a good way to control mana (remember wotlk plea?)
-wings nerfed to 50% instead of 100% healing increase

or
make saved by the light baseline to every holy pala
- beacon of insight (our useless level 100 talent) should be off gcd and increase the next holy shock heal by 100% or make word of glory instant

maybe make sacred shield only a single target instead of 3 and buff its absorb so if i predict a switch on me i can actually do something against it?

I agree to fully

#100 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:57 AM

It has been pointed out to me, that when denouncing a target to steal crit, if they have the denounce debuff for 0% crit active on them you end up not refreshing the 2 pc bonus buff. So when looking to apply the buff, either swap targets, or wait 4 seconds for the denounce debuff to fall off the target.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<