Photo

Borngood's Holy Paladin PvP Guide Legion and (7.0.3)

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#61 summy90

summy90

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:27 PM

You would play with double crit trinkets for Dwarves? I played some skirmishes and my manaregeneration felt pretty weak even with a spirit insignia.

#62 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1577
  • 3v3: 2492
  • RBG: 1509

Posted 19 November 2014 - 10:31 PM

I started out with 1 spirit and 1 crit trinket, but the games never ended up going very long, so until I actually run out of mana, im going to use double crit

#63 Moriat

Moriat
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Sisters of Elune
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Shadow

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:10 PM

Hay Borngood. Remember me?

#64 Interinside

Interinside
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/././.

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:21 PM

I've been ret since 2007 but recently went holy so I could do RBGs and stuff. Highest rating is 2100 so I am not an amazing arena player but I am aware of the class.

I played with a feral today, went 18-1 and the only loss was an 8 minute game vs Sheldon. I played with a prot warrior last night and lost practically every game. I got trained to the ground and there's only so many times you can juke before you're in big trouble. These days aura mastery is negated almost always for me since I get stunned as soon as it goes up.

Anyway, is it on the warrior I got trained to the ground or do I need to learn to get better at pressure situations on myself? I try to use my cds as spaced out as possible but it was so stress man.
curse integration is garbage

#65 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 November 2014 - 12:52 AM

The most common question I've had thus far is, "How do I lived while getting trained?". It is a much different scenario than last season, where we were cc'd into oblivion. The same advice I give to everyone, use the talent unbreakable spirit for 30 second shield wall, use addons such as interrupt bar to fake cast correctly. If you're doing both of these well, and you're still dying, you need your teammates to peel better for you, it is a team effort. If then EVERYTHING fails, it could be either a hard counter, or a kick bot. Good luck friends.

#66 mollify

mollify
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 192
  • 3v3: 1323
  • RBG: 576

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:03 AM

I got trained to the ground and there's only so many times you can juke before you're in big trouble. These days aura mastery is negated almost always for me since I get stunned as soon as it goes up.

This has been my experience as well. You can juke the bad players all day, but any half-decent player with latency parity won't fall for it. They'll wait until you're into the second half of the cast bar and interrupt, and then stun you after.

With no substantial instants and current haste levels it becomes EXTREMELY challenging to recover. No instants makes it hard to 'catch up' - situations where PW:S/Swiftmend/etc. shine.

(I hate being a doomsayer but the difference between RDRuid/Disc Priest and HPally is pretty big right now)

#67 fakeswagjk

fakeswagjk
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Restoration 0/2/1/1/0/0
  • RBG: 768

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:56 AM

I think it's a really good idea to use denounce glyph with the 2 set kind of as a cd, don't just waste the proc. Use it when they are both connecting and you have a prisim up, with the stolen crit you have about 50% ish so you can get a prism crit then a shock crit into a fast holy light.

#68 Interinside

Interinside
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/2/././.

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:02 AM

I'm guilty of using the proc just to use it, so that's a really good idea. Anyway as I said, I've only been playing holy for ~48 hrs now so it's a combination of me just not having up-to-par healer awareness and learning holy in general. The skirms I went 18-1 with were against some pretty decent players so I am happy with any progress made so far. I know ferals are pretty broken atm but progress is progress.

Also, fuck rets.
curse integration is garbage

#69 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/1/1/1
  • 3v3: 480
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 384

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

You might wanna consider a focus macro for denounce. Makes it much easier to keep insta-denouncing that warrior who's going ham while also healing your teammates. :)
Posted Image

#70 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

#showtooltip
/cast [target=focus] Denounce

#71 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

1) what about this macro? Denounce while healing friendly taget. Bg oriented.

/cast [@targettarget,harm][] Denounce

2) For weapon enchant: "Enchant Weapon - Mark of the Thunderlord will be for crit healing output." All the ways?

#72 Chitorger

Chitorger
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2319
  • 3v3: 2426
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

Is anyone of you currently running the Sanctified Wrath glyph?
I really feel like 100% heal + 20% haste +20% crit is a huge overkill, except in 2s when you face something like Prot/Feral.
It feels to me like the 1min30sec CD can be a huge lifesaver.

Anyone wanting to share some experience with it?

#73 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:34 AM

yes I use glyph of merciful wrath if I'm expecting a long game, with no melee on the other team. (The talent is sanctified wrath)

Edited by Borngood, 21 November 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#74 Darkrizen

Darkrizen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 1619
  • RBG: 1739

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

Basic Holy Paladin Macros

Note, you can replace the [mod: ____ , @party1] with any of the following valid modifier conditions: 'shift' , 'ctrl' , or 'alt'. The total summation of possible key-binds for a single key being eight.

I often see people traveling deep into 'T', 'G', and 'V' keyboard territories because they thought they could only use one modifier per key -- Shift-1, Ctrl-1, Alt-1 (ld.) -- don't be fooled!

You have 49 possible combinations just using keys 1,2,3,4,Q,E,S.

For example, keybinding the following macro -- to the 'W' key -- would cast Beacon of Light on your character when you hold down both the alt and shift modifier keys and the 'W' key.

/use [mod:alt, mod:shift, @player] Beacon of Light

*** "/use" is identical to "/cast" minus one character

Truth Table of Macro Conditionals:

• nomod
  • alt
  • ctrl
  • shift
  • alt, ctrl
  • alt, shift
  • ctrl, shift
  • alt, ctrl, shift

[center]
/use [nomod, @player] Beacon of Light
is equivalent to
/use []Beacon of Light == /use [ ] Beacon of Light[/center]

[center][CODE][/center]
[center]/use [mod:alt, @party1] Beacon of Light [/center]
[center]/use [mod:ctrl, @party2] Beacon of Light[/center]
[center]/use [mod:shift, @party3] Beacon of Light[/center][/CODE]

[center]
[CODE][/center]
[center]/use [mod:shift, mod:ctrl, @party4] Beacon of Light [/center]
[center]/use [mod:alt, mod:shift, @party5] Beacon of Light [/center]
[center]/use [mod:alt, mod:ctrl @party6] Beacon of Light [/center][/CODE]

[CODE]
[center]/use [mod:alt, mod:shift, @player] Beacon of Light [/center]

[center]/use [mod:alt, mod:shift, @player] Beacon of Light [/center]

[center]/use [mod:alt, mod:shift, @player] Beacon of Light [/center][/CODE]

[center]A viable alternative approach if you don't have an expensive mouse with a million buttons would be to edit your registry to switch you're control modifier from the control key to caps lock. I myself think it reduces the awkward finger movements often familiar with the control modifier. (Please be careful, and only attempt if you know what you're doing) [/center]

[b]Hand of Sacrifice[/b]
[CODE]#showtooltip Hand of Sacrifice
/use [mod:shift, @party1] Hand of Sacrifice; [mod:ctrl, @party2] Hand of Sacrifice; [mod:alt, @player][]Flash of Light[/CODE]
[b]Hand of Freedom[/b]
[CODE]#showtooltip Hand of Freedom
/use [mod:shift, @party1] Hand of Freedom; [mod:ctrl, @party2] Hand of Freedom; [@player] Hand of Freedom[/CODE]
[b]Hand of Protection[/b]
[CODE]#showtooltip Hand of Protection
/use [mod:shift,@party1][mod:ctrl,@party2] Hand of Protection; Divine Shield

Cleanse party2 (stopcasting results in faster dispels sometimes)
/stopcasting
/use [@party2] Cleanse

/use [@party2] Flash of Light

shift-e
/tar party2
/use [@party2] Beacon of Light
/use [@party2] Sacred Shield

alt-shift-e
/castsequence [@party2] reset=3, Sacred Shield, Holy Prism, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Flash of Light
/use [@player] Beacon of Light

shift-c
/use [@party1] Hand of Sacrifice

shift-f
/use [@party1] Hand of Protection

shift-r
/use [@party1] Hand of Freedom

ctrl-q
/stopcasting
/use [@party1] Cleanse

alt-q
/castsequence [@party1] reset=3 Word of Glory, execution Sentence

shift-q
/target party1
/castsequence [@party1] reset=3, Sacred Shield, execution sentence, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Flash of Light

shift-q
/tar party1
/use [@party1] Beacon of Light
/use [@party1] Sacred Shield

alt-shift-q
/use [@party1] Flash of Light

shift-q
/castsequence [@party1] reset=3, Sacred Shield, Holy Prism, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Flash of Light

f
/castsequence [@player] reset=1, Divine Shield, Flash of Light
/kiss

r
/use [@player] hand of freedom

alt-shift-w

f
/castsequence [@player] reset=1, Divine Shield, Flash of Light
/kiss

shift-3
/cast Divine Protection
/cast [@player] Holy Prism

/use [@player] Hand of Protection

ctrl-alt-w
/castsequence [@player] reset=3, Sacred Shield, Holy Prism, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Flash of Light

alt-w
#showtooltip
/castsequence [@player] reset=1, Word of Glory, Sacred Shield,

ctrl-alt-w
/castsequence [@player] reset=3, Sacred Shield, execution sentence, Flash of Light, Flash of Light, Flash of Light

alt-w
/castsequence [@player] reset=3 Word of Glory, execution Sentence

ctrl-w
/cast [@player] Cleanse

alt-shift-w
/use [@player] Flash of Light

alt-ctrl-1
/use [@arena1] Repentance

alt-1
/use [@arena1] Hammer of Justice
/focus arena1

alt-ctrl-2
/use [@arena2] Repentance

alt-2
/use [@arena2] Hammer of Justice
/focus arena2

alt-ctrl-3
/use [@arena3] Repentance

alt-3
/use [@arena3] Hammer of Justice
/focus arena3

alt-`
/use 14
/use Healthstone

t
/lick
/use Blinding Light
/use Battle Standard of Coordination

/tar
/castsequence reset=1, Crusader Strike, Holy Shock
/use Crusader Strike

ctrl-v
/use Devotion Aura
/use Flash of Light

g
/use [@focus] Hammer of Justice
/sw 23
/sw play

alt-f
/focus [harm]
/use [@focus][] Turn Evil

e
#showtootlip
/castsequence [mod:alt, @player][] reset=1, Holy Shock, Holy Prism

shift-s
#showtooltip
/targetenemyplayer
/use Rebuke

ctrl-t
/use Blessing of Kings
/e blesses your widddddle heart <3

y
/use Redemption
/use Battle Standard of Coordination

shift-t
/use Blessing of Might
/e slaps you.

shift-q
/tar party1

shift-e
/tar party1

shift-1
/castsequence Crusader Strike, Judgment

Edited by Darkrizen, 26 November 2014 - 03:36 PM.

#75 Darkrizen

Darkrizen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 1619
  • RBG: 1739

Posted 21 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

If I had to choose one macro to keep out of the above, it would be my holyshock macro that I have keybound to 'e':

#showtootlip
/castsequence [mod:alt, @player][] reset=1 Holy Shock, Holy Prism

TRY IT!

Edited by Darkrizen, 21 November 2014 - 03:39 PM.

#76 Rylexcamel

Rylexcamel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 21 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

i played a lot recently as hpala and faced many Prideful glads and glads so i thought ill share my thoughts
-best comp for hpal in 2s is hpala dk
i play with a dk in 2s and our score is around 80-0 (srs)
i have no idea how no one complains about dks - they do insane dmg, they literally cant die and got ashypxiate every 30 sec which is rly op

-in 3s i played hpala sp dk and hpal sp lock, both feel really strong and won many prideful glads with this comps.
i feel like hpala dk might be the new rsham lock , any caster works with hpal/dk/ x .
im pretty sure one of the best comps atm is hpala boomkin dk (boomkins are very strong and i think blizzard should nerf their silence and give it a cast time)
- glyph of denounce with the gear bonus is great
-saved by the light is great
-glyph of merciful wrath is good but not as great as you guys make it. most games dont last enough time atm and we really need glyph of divine protection vs most comps..
-the only time i see glyph of hand of freedom being useful is vs something like rmp
-choosing the blinding light talent over fist of justice vs rmp might be rly good
-i feel like the only talent changes you need to make are between unbreakable spirit / clemency and vs sp lock maybe hand of purity
-pursuit of justice is nice because we dont use are holy power instantly now, but i still feel like the sprint is better vs most comps.
-you should get a /cast !Hand of Sacrifice macro so you dont waste 2 charges of hand of sac in 1 sac when you spam it (hand of sac is not on gcd now)
-any paladin should go dwarf atm especially with disc priests having silence
-melee cleaves are not as op as we thought they will be. warrs are pretty bad too .. Melee caster healer is probably the strongest now..

Edited by Rylexcamel, 21 November 2014 - 08:06 PM.

#77 Chitorger

Chitorger
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 22 November 2014 - 12:06 AM

-glyph of merciful wrath is good but not as great as you guys make it. most games dont last enough time atm and we really need glyph of divine protection vs most comps..

-melee cleaves are not as op as we thought they will be. warrs are pretty bad too

1. Vs team where we need protection (Meleecleaves) I feel like Glyph of Beacon of Light is a waste, since we will probably either never swap it or swap it very few times during the game. I don't feel like 2-3 saved globals a game is worth the glyph slots right now, since Beacon is pretty much only a mana saving buff right now (the 10%+ heal are nice to have but I find the global to switch it most of the time). I feel like we're too used to the comfort the glyph provides. Switching that comfort for Merciful Wrath seems like good tradeoff to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

2.Some of your points may be valid, but if you think warriors are not strong right now, I don't think we're playing the same game. Prots do insane sustained damage and have great utility right now. The only melee i would currently rate higher would be ferals.

#78 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 22 November 2014 - 02:49 AM

1. It's my preference to always have beacon glyph no matter what, if I played without it, it would just feel very awkward to me.
2. Prot warriors are insane, but the main annoyance is that they can constantly purge your shields and sacs pretty much instantly.

#79 Chitorger

Chitorger
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:32 AM

1. It's my preference to always have beacon glyph no matter what, if I played without it, it would just feel very awkward to me

Yeah, that's exactly what I mean, we're so used to it and it's comfortable that way, which is pretty understandable, since we ran that glyph over 2 years, but after like 20 games, it felt pretty natural again with it having a global.
The thing is that it just doesn't do that much with the changes to beacon and in WoD we actually have several good glyphs unlike MoP
were we struggled to find 3 that wouldn't be terribad.

#80 Rylexcamel

Rylexcamel
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 1914

Posted 22 November 2014 - 07:05 AM

1. Vs team where we need protection (Meleecleaves) I feel like Glyph of Beacon of Light is a waste, since we will probably either never swap it or swap it very few times during the game. I don't feel like 2-3 saved globals a game is worth the glyph slots right now, since Beacon is pretty much only a mana saving buff right now (the 10%+ heal are nice to have but I find the global to switch it most of the time). I feel like we're too used to the comfort the glyph provides. Switching that comfort for Merciful Wrath seems like good tradeoff to me, but maybe I'm wrong.

2.Some of your points may be valid, but if you think warriors are not strong right now, I don't think we're playing the same game. Prots do insane sustained damage and have great utility right now. The only melee i would currently rate higher would be ferals.

i agree with what you say about beacon glyph.. its not a must-have glyph and it might be worth to swap it with merciful wrath sometimes

i faced a few glad warrs and ferals in 2s and 3s and they didnt seem to bother me that much. i basically have 100% win rate vs this classes.. maybe its just my comp or their comp? idk
dks are stronger but thats just my opinion :)

Edited by Rylexcamel, 22 November 2014 - 07:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<