Photo

Borngood's Holy Paladin PvP Guide Legion and (7.0.3)

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#441 hbbaboy

hbbaboy
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Medivh
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Unholy 0/0/1/0/2/1/0
  • 2v2: 1957
  • 3v3: 2457
  • 5v5: 2002
  • RBG: 1851
  • Locationhuntington beach , california

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:20 PM

hello borngood thank you for helping people with the guide i try to look at the bottom and add u for further questions i play dk and warrior but for my dk its like the most fustrating thing because when i go into lfg 98% of the people are dps most people that have any options are healers so i'm rerolling to pally i want a lot of groups a lot of options because of the amount of time i play wow

anyways

one thing i try to add u on friends was because of my questions in the guide

this is probably a lot of questions but its just to get better

ok i like your guide in the macro list is that all the macros u use ?

am i suppose to go esc then go to keybindings then go to targeting and nearest firnedly player keybind "tab"
how do you effectively target people fast but no clicking?

also if i bind keybind target nearest enemy to "tab" how would i target enemy players for stun and also denounce if my tab key is taken

how do you know when to denounce and position?

when there is a team like a melee comp ebola or turbo they fight your dps get them very low then do a swap to me like a healer
do you stun the dps then start spamming heals stay in place just stun them and heal
or the 1st priority is to run to far away

also do you have macros for arena 1 arena 2 arena 3 when you use stun or tab target onto enemy then stun them

#442 Infamoustko

Infamoustko
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1116
  • 3v3: 2309
  • RBG: 1718
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:16 PM

Nice guide Borngood o/

#443 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1577
  • 3v3: 2492
  • RBG: 1509

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

@lildurk Yea, there are more macros I use such as arena 1/2/3 targeting and for example 1/2/3 HoJ, but the macros I included in the guide were just the couple you needed specific to hpallies. The targeting macros/binds are something used by all classes.
In general I do not give macro/binding advice because it's whatever is most comfortable to you, there is no right/wrong answer. But it should be something you get used to, and eventually be able to use without thinking about it.

To keep it simple you denounce whenever you can, but I like to put it on the highest crit targets such as paladins, but the class target it goes on doesn't matter that much when trying to get the crit buff. When you're going for a kill on a healer, always have denounce on them.

The way you catch up against melee cleaves depends on what comp you're running, most of the time the way you catch up is to use avenging wrath and shove cc down their throats, this increases your healing, stops incoming damage, and at the same time your team can go counter offensive to score cooldowns/kills.

Edited by Borngood, 11 October 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#444 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1577
  • 3v3: 2492
  • RBG: 1509

Posted 25 August 2016 - 05:44 AM

Updated for Legion, to be worked on throughout the launch of Legion, thanks guys and enjoy!

#445 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:16 AM

Updated for Legion, to be worked on throughout the launch of Legion, thanks guys and enjoy!

As usual thank you so much for the precious insights!

some istant question:

1) Devotion Aura seems to work well in reducing the damage received by Light of the Martyr, i'm going to play alot without to have the max benefit every time. the best option then is Unbound Freedom ( +30% speed with Blessing of freedom ) ?

2) For RBGs ( sorry but i play them too ) Aura of Mercy or Sacrifice both played with Divine Vision, are a better option?

3) Is Avenging Crusader good when you are Hard trained by Meele Cleave?

#446 Forseti

Forseti
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/2/2/1/0
  • RBG: 2035
  • LocationFinland

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:04 AM

Really good guide, thank you. I've just returned for legion and it's nice to see that there's still some quality posts on aj.
The guide was easy to read and actually gave me some insight on paladin class in the future. I've got one question tho, you think it'll be worth leveling as prot, putting the first 13 points on prot and then start pumping holy artifact as "offspec" from lvl 102->?

#447 Depression

Depression
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/0/0/0

Posted 07 September 2016 - 11:07 PM

If you're running with Crusader's Might and Avenging Crusader why would you not Judgement>HS>CS>CS to get the HS off CD faster?

Also what do you feel like our best secondary stats will be if playing the Avenging Crusader spec? Haste for my damage and faster Holy Lights? Mastery if it stacks with the healing we do from doing damage during Avenging Crusader, so you may have to cast less if you're doing more healing from dpsing? Crit?
If the square peg won't fit in the circle then you are not smashing them together hard enough.

#448 Br0ll3

Br0ll3
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1487
  • 3v3: 2347
  • RBG: 1149

Posted 08 September 2016 - 01:36 PM

Really good guide!
All holy paladins should read this.

Avenging Crusader though
I absolutly hate this talent...
It is very hard to get a good timing since your crusader strike can be dodge/parried etc.
Since the healing output is completly based on how much damage you do with Crusader Strike/Holy Shock, the healing will be instantly reduced if the enemy team uses defensive cooldowns such as Survival Instinct.
And obviously enemies can just cc/kite you and you are fucked.

I'm not sure, but I think the healing is negated if the enemy team using damage absorbing shields.
(I might be wrong about the shields, haven't tested it)

Really liked the guide and I will recommend it to all my paladin friends!

#449 Garrockz

Garrockz
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/2/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 480
  • 3v3: 1935
  • RBG: 1813

Posted 10 September 2016 - 10:00 PM

Nice guide, im glad some reknown Hpals embrace Avenging Crusader. Ive been Ret for 11 years now and this might be the first xpac for me to go Hpal. Its crazy fun finally being able to dash out some noticeable melee damage.

One question as i havent unlocked my pvp talents that far yet: Does DS cancel Ultimate Sacrifice or does it just negate the dmg you take? Or do you even still take the US damage?
Killin' shit since 2004.

#450 Ahmopasa

Ahmopasa
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/0/0/0/1/1
  • 3v3: 96
  • RBG: 384

Posted 23 September 2016 - 01:41 AM

I thank you deeply for leading holy paladin especially new ones, with your guide. It helped me a lot!

So the problem I faced after doing a couple of arena is that I afraid to being locked after trying a few of fake casts, by counter spells. So to handle it I either use my bubble, or flash of light with proc. as well as my other instant heals. But I feel that neither of them is not effectively, something is missing that I could not recognize. 

During all this, I use my other cd. such as aura mastery, kite them away to cast safely, but when they switch to me, I got nothing to save me. I use my artifact if I am in a safety position. 

TD;DR: What am I supposed to do under the pressure ? Should I bubble at first, or use it as my last savior ? What should I do if they don't eat my fake casts ?

*My honor talent's level is 10 and I did not speak during the arenas. So, the missing point is lack of communication ? 

-Hi There!..

#451 Gigana

Gigana
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/1/0/1/1/1
  • 3v3: 480
  • 5v5: 1243
  • RBG: 384

Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:43 PM

Hello, thanks for the great Legion guide.

I have a question about holy macros. From what I can see, Beacon of Light now triggers global cooldown and there doesn't appear to be a way to change this. Does this mean that the old macros that switch Beacon around on your current target are pretty much useless? I'm thinking of this:

#showtooltip Flash of Light
/castsequence reset=2 Beacon of Light, Flash of Light
/castsequence Flash of Light, Flash of Light

Are these cool macros now pretty much dead? :(

Also, what talents would you pick for RBGs? Would going for increased heal range talent be worthwhile there? Is Avenging Crusader any good in RBGs, or does it just put us into too much danger to be worth it? Finally, would Relentless be worth it in RBGs, given how much CC goes around there? Or is the loss of trinket too much? 

Edited by Gigana, 24 September 2016 - 02:35 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<