Photo

Borngood's Holy Paladin PvP Guide Legion and (7.0.3)

• Please log in to reply
450 replies to this topic

#401 Ged24

Ged24
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/././.

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:59 PM

what comps strongest for hpala atm ? still jungle or something else ?

#402 Leryske

Leryske

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

what comps strongest for hpala atm ? still jungle or something else ?

Common Team Compositions

This is where I look at team compositions and place them into their respective tiers, tier 1 for example being the best. (Subject to massive changes, could use input from the community as well to help me out.)

Tier Free Rating:
MAGE

Tier 1:
Shatterplay (mage/spriest/healer)
RMP (rogue/mage/paladin)
MLP (mage/warlock/paladin)
(mage/boomkin/paladin)
HLP (hunter/warlock/paladin)
Junglecleave (feral/hunter/healer)
WLP (warrior/warlock/healer)

Tier 2:
RLP (rogue/warlock/paladin)
Shadowcleave (dk/warlock/healer)
TSG (warrior/dk/healer)
Ebola (feral/dk/healer)
KFC (warrior/hunter/healer)
Smokebomb cleave (combat rogue/dk/healer)

Tier 3:
PHD (paladin/hunter/dk)
Kittycleave (feral/warrior/healer)
(dk/boomkin/paladin)
dk/ww/paladin (to be named)
LPD (warlock/healer/boomkin)

made by Borngood - guide: http://www.arenajunk...ide-wod-and-61/

Edited by Leryske, 03 April 2015 - 04:13 PM.

Posted Image

#403 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 2/0/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1577
  • 3v3: 2492
  • RBG: 1509

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:41 PM

ww/dk/pally (Walking Dead Cleave) is tier 1, Kittycleave is tier 2, main ones that I saw outdated.

#404 Jim_Jim

Jim_Jim
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • EU-Archimonde
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 2608
  • 3v3: 2915
  • 5v5: 2350
  • RBG: 2349

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:44 PM

ww/dk/pally (Walking Dead Cleave)

I don't know who gives this comp such a stupid name, but please, don't use it. :D
ww/dk/hpal is enough.
Posted Image

#405 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

Haha, I picked it up from the GCDTV stream, I just assumed it was accepted now.

#406 Leryske

Leryske

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

http://www.gamers-le...in-pvp-gearing/

Stat Priority
Critical Strike > Haste > Spirit > Versatility > Mastery > Multistrike

Crit > Haste and Versatility? Interesting..

Posted Image

#407 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

http://www.gamers-le...in-pvp-gearing/

Stat Priority
Critical Strike > Haste > Spirit > Versatility > Mastery > Multistrike

Crit > Haste and Versatility? Interesting..

the guides on that site seem like content which would normally be found on noxxic, so you should probably value them the same as you would value noxxic information tbh ;)

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#408 boatznhoez

boatznhoez

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

they should bring back instant FoL infusion of light, discuss.

#409 Darkrizen

Darkrizen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 1619
  • RBG: 1739

Posted 15 April 2015 - 07:15 AM

God Comp seems strong, and a lot of people are running it right now. I suspect Jungle Cleave would counter it a bit. But here's my question, so the #1 Paladin in 3v3, Elitexd (see http://us.battle.net.../Elitexd/simple), enchants versatility. While the second paladin, Feloreayx (see http://us.battle.net...eloreayx/simple), enchants haste. What's up with that? I like Borngood's current setup. He has a ton of versatility, while also having a ton of haste (see http://us.battle.net...Borngood/simple). Which is better to enchant? Everyone seems to be enchanting versatility but I might try some haste. Even in the original post by Borngood, he says, "Versatility = Haste," which would mean 1 versatility is equal to 1 haste. So in a sense, we could make up a new stat called versa-haste, and the more versa-haste the better; with the gear/enchant combination with the most versa-haste reining supreme. I imagine enchanting haste is better when you are not the target, and inversely, versatility, when you are the target. This is the gear I have on at the moment: http://us.battle.net...rkrizen/simple. I will do a couple 3's to test out the difference in enchanting haste. Keep in mind, different team comps, all with different play styles, implies that there are different best in slot gear choices. Your opponents play style should affect your gear choice. I want haste to juke mage's Counter Spells, and to have lower GCD's (still true?); but not if the mage's play style sucks at interrupting healers, in that case I would want versatility, or mastery.

Edited by Darkrizen, 15 April 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#410 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:14 AM

@Darkrizen, the short answer as I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, versatility scales better over haste as you gain more of it. I have it as versatility=haste>mastery, because for current gear levels we do not reach haste points where mastery starts to outshine haste, just yet.

It should be noted, that when playing comps such as god comp, or any wizard variant where the game becomes increasing slowed down and easier to heal (yes playing with mages is a joke but might as well enjoy it while it lasts), mastery becomes more valuable over haste, because you have a ton of time to get off your heals, where if you're playing a comp such as KFC for example, the difference of .02 seconds could mean the difference between winning or losing.

Furthermore, crit is not valued highly because our set pc bonus gives us crit. And multistrike is too rng based and nerfed in pvp to be taken at current gear levels.

Hopefully this wall of text makes sense, it seemed to make sense when I typed it out, and by all means if anybody has counter arguments or different points to bring up, I am all ears.

Good read on kitty cleave by the way, it's one of the sleeper comps I was planning to destroy ladder with at the end of the season.

tl;dr I'm playing with a mage, versatility=mastery>haste
I'm playing with anything but a mage, versatility=haste>mastery
Maybe I should add this to the guide huh.

Edited by Borngood, 15 April 2015 - 08:16 AM.

#411 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 15 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

@borngood: overheal To generate mastery shield is fool ? ( i mean on fight, not in pre-fight)

#412 Darkrizen

Darkrizen
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 2416
  • 5v5: 1619
  • RBG: 1739

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:52 PM

So how about that 4 piece set bonus -_- 15% dmg reduction for 6 seconds after 3 hp Word of Glory's? I'm not going to lie, I just realized its importance last night xD .

Also, if versatility was better than haste then wouldn't the default stat priority be Versatility > Haste > Mastery, rather than Versatility = Haste > Mastery? The whole equals sign kind of threw me off at the start of WoD. But if I understand you correctly, you're saying versatility is better than haste. Now, keep in mind--it is the syntax that confuses me.

Edited by Darkrizen, 18 April 2015 - 04:00 AM.

#413 Kugoth

Kugoth
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Ragnaros
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Holy 2/0/2/2/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 2209
  • 3v3: 2140
  • 5v5: 480
  • RBG: 1146
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:20 AM

"Hand of Freedom no longer usable while stunned" . What do you think about this? If they wanted to nerf paladins I don't think this is the way D: ... they could've nerfed the healing but... a class that its already vulnerable to cc's you make it even more vulnerable? I don't know about this...

#414 Ged24

Ged24
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Burning Legion
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/2/././.

Posted 14 May 2015 - 03:48 AM

i also watched it but no info in tooltip ? stil is "usable on stuns"

#415 Jethniglol

Jethniglol

Posted 30 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

Very interesting guide i found some use out of the sacrifice macro, i think its good that its off the GCD but blizzard needs to implement a way not for them to both get used at once. Nice post.

#416 Skolven

Skolven
  • Members

Posted 16 June 2015 - 10:51 PM

Nice guide so far Borngood. I've started this holy pal a few days ago, never even played healer, and only gearing up in Ashran after couples of hour I see this character really shine.

I've noticed in the stats you gave: Intelligence > Versatility = Haste > Mastery
and wonder if it would not be better to swap mastery and haste. Since haste would only make you spend mana faster, and mastery heals (as shield) for no more mana.
This build does not even fuel on spirit or I rarely need it from the damage reduction (altough I put a few points in Ashran or RBGs to roll longer just in case.). I just wanted to get sure on why you insisted on more haste rather than mastery?

High basic heal output with versa, much more crit with denounce 2nd set bonus, you get some crazy crits and nice shields pretty often on main heals.

#417 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:58 PM

@skolven

Short Answer: Wizard on my team? Gear Mastery. No wizards? Gear haste, and look for wizard partners.

Long politically correct answer: For all intents and purposes, for Holy PvP haste has been king this season because of arena games (3v3) as well as RBG team fights lasting a very short amount of time, rarely do you go out of mana. This stat priority was also instated at the beginning of the season when the game was much more bursty with combat rogues running rampant.

All you really need to do ask yourself these simple questions, "Do I play with a mage on my team? Does my team play with a random assortment of wizards? Do I have classes on my team to eat all the interrupts for me?" If you answered any of these questions with 'yes", then you can afford to go for mastery>haste, because you really do not care how fast your healing gets put out, because the mage on your team will slow down and dampen the game to such a point that your job is really easy.

If you answered "no" to these questions, haste>mastery because every single second counts when you're healing, and every millisecond counts when having to juke multiple interrupts (when a mage on your team isn't eating all of them for you).

Edited by Borngood, 16 June 2015 - 11:59 PM.

#418 Leryske

Leryske

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

@Borngood: I'm sorry for off-topic. I just want to ask you, can you check in your inbox (message / prv) and answer? Thank you.

BTW. I hope you will update this for 6.2 <3

Posted Image

#419 Borngood

Borngood
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

6.2 update is coming this week, but first I want to hear peoples thoughts on stat priorities.

Right now I am considering, int>versatility>crit>mastery>haste>multistrike

My reasoning thus far, is the buff to infusion of light for 40% extra healing on the next flash of light, and the fact that holy shock doubles the base crit chance itself. Also I RBG'd in full tournament gear (730 ilvl) and the damage is really bursty, like out of control bursty, so I'm finding more and more that crit will be very valuable to heal as quickly and as high as possible.

Before I do the final 6.2 update, I would like some feedback to what people are seeing in terms of damage/healing.

#420 Juther

Juther
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Pozzo dell'Eternità
  • Misery
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/0/0/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 1582
  • 3v3: 1819
  • RBG: 1550

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

cant wait for the update, man.

btw did you ever cosider Selfless Healer with the new buff to Fol trough Infusion of Light?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<