Photo

PvP Healing is OP in WoD Beta (reasons why)

arena wod pvp op beta healing

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:26 PM

Can you elaborate for my obvious pea sized brain? There are not enough interrupts or there are too many ways to stop casts? Im confused. Surely you dont mean the latter. Especially since your profile class is a dk. You have more ways than god himself to stop casts.

There is more interupts then it should be. Your peanut size brain can relax.
Posted Image

#22 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:17 AM

I don't get it why they cannot simply change stuff that will have zero influence on any kind of pve situation. For example: guise feather fear. There is no particular reason for this settup to stay the way it is with regards to pve. They could simply make guise restricted to 100% movement speed. Problem=solved. The ability will still be usefull to settup fears. Just not as plain retarted.

p.s. i just went to the wow arena forums, it just hurts to look. If you think aj is toxic, try reading trough a huge pile of shitposts by 1400 rated players telling people that priest blanket silence is not OP because paladins and monks also have an interrupt.

I don't think AJ is toxic. I wasn't trying to start any shit with that guy either, I was just surprised to see someone take that stance. This forum is clearly of a higher caliber than idiots spamming the official forums and always has been.

But yes, as to the first point, that's exactly what I'm saying. Upon every expansion release, there are always multiple points of balance (either classes, such as ret/dk/etc., or entire facets of the game, such as self healing or mobility) that are just blatantly, horrendously imbalanced. Things that not only CLEARLY need to be addressed, but are so mind-blowingly overpowered that you could literally sledgehammer nerf them, gut them completely, and it'd still be closer to balance than the current state. Which means that ANY nerf, ANY change in the downward direction, ranging from a minor nerf to a total gutting, would be a good move, and yet... they don't do it.

I didn't play WoD beta, but from various footage I've seen, self-healing is a perfect example of this. Something that could be identified by absolutely any player (much less a dev) watching a single arena game, as something that absolutely 100% needs a nerf. And yet they just flat out don't do it, after MONTHS of "testing" and feedback.

There is but one even remotely logical conclusion. They simply don't care. Thus, we do not attempt to get anything going regarding pvp balance changes around the release of an expansion. Pretty simple.

Edited by Kelarm, 13 November 2014 - 12:19 AM.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.

Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#23 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:49 AM

I didn't play WoD beta, but from various footage I've seen, self-healing is a perfect example of this. Something that could be identified by absolutely any player (much less a dev) watching a single arena game, as something that absolutely 100% needs a nerf. And yet they just flat out don't do it, after MONTHS of "testing" and feedback.

Not rly, I posted the same threads on WoW forums(haha), and there were actual ppl that were trying to explain how this healing is fine eventually giving me ebola. Point is, as stunning as that is, very good chance most players can't figure out that this is overpowered.

Not this thread in particular, but VoDs etc. I think the person not being able to understand it's overpowered from those, has to be mentally disabled. Apparently, quite a few around.

Edited by ProdeGaming, 13 November 2014 - 03:09 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arena, wod, pvp, op, beta, healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<