Photo

PvP Healing is OP in WoD Beta (reasons why)

arena wod pvp op beta healing

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:03 PM

See this post - http://i.imgur.com/NzZeDOq.png
The youtube link on the pic - https://www.youtube....h?v=Tf70SZ7etRc

or

http://www.mmo-champ...89#post30228689
Imgur better visibility.

For those concerned virus:
i.imgur.com/NzZeDOq.png
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf70SZ7etRc
www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1617926-PvP-Healing-is-OP-in-WoD-Beta-(reasons-why)

Edited by ProdeGaming, 29 October 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#2 Thasta

Thasta
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Destruction 2/2/0/2/2/0/0
  • 2v2: 864
  • 3v3: 2557
  • RBG: 1568

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

I agree most self healing/hybrid healing is too high on the beta. Feral/ret for example can do 1/3-1/2 the overall healing of an actual healer which is crazy. Triple dps comps with hybrids that can heal this much seem very possible

#3 Phatkat

Phatkat
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Restoration 1/0/0/0/2/2/1
  • 2v2: 2262
  • 3v3: 2367
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1690

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:59 PM

I gave it a fair shot, I really did OP, but I have no idea what the actual fuck you're talking about.
twitch.tv/phatgnat

Ring of Valor did nothing wrong.

• Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Mal'Ganis
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents:
  • RBG: 2269

Posted 29 October 2014 - 03:48 PM

I gave it a fair shot, I really did OP, but I have no idea what the actual fuck you're talking about.

uh healing is way op for non healers? i got it just fine.

Here is the problem. This community will bitch and moan about op and broken mechanics in pvp, but they wont do anything to help resolve or prevent them. I brought up many concerns about the beta on the official forums and asked aj people to help out by posting. Nobody did. The only people who actually post there were pve people lol.

Beta, as is, will be one of the most annoying things we have ever played if it goes live. Sadly, it's deserved considering how absent the pvp community is from providing actual feedback where it matters (not aj). Having said that, from a warlock perspective I am actually still looking forward to playing once again as warlocks are once again casters. They have made some really really good changes overal, but still there are many key issues that remain.

enjoy fighting some of the following:

-instant hunter traps
-retarded self healing by all classes except rogue mage and spriest
-extra trinkets still in game
-disc priests having silence
-guise feathers fear still in game
-the list goes on

Here is the thread I made addressing concerns in case you are wondering.

http://www.arenajunk...-feedback-more/

#5 watchmepwn

watchmepwn
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Frost 1/1/0/2/2/2/2
  • 2v2: 1644
  • 3v3: 2260
  • RBG: 1142

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:41 PM

Why bother at this point?

I'm pretty sure they were will be patches with numbertweaking the moment the season starts / start of the season. Especially when it comes to selfhealing on hybrids, as I remember there intentions were that hybrid classes should not keep people alive on a longer term.

#6 Luminant

Luminant
  • Junkies
  • Draeneiclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/2/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1746
  • 3v3: 1775

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

THIS SHIT AGAIN

#7 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:17 PM

1) Dmg vs healing does not even remotely match (healing is way too powerfull on beta and live)
2) Dispell still has a cd vs no cd poly,fear,root etc
3) Gapclosers vs excape abilities also does not match
4) Amount of mobility some classes have is over the top making positioning trivial and almost non imortant
5) Dmg/burst some specs can do is plain retarded
6) Amount of extra trinkets and oh shit buttons is still in the roof
7) Amount of casting vs amount of things that can stop cast is still not even close to match
Posted Image

#8 darkzeon

darkzeon
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Черный Шрам
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 1727
  • 3v3: 2505
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2254

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

-retarded self healing by all classes except rogue mage and spriest

SP healing is 70-80% of feral healing+shields...

#9 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:32 PM

SP healing is 70-80% of feral healing+shields...

Yes, I usually spam instant flash heals with my priest hotw (:

#10 mirag

mirag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

I do not get it. Are they blind or just incredibly stubborn?
Its so obvious healing, especially hybrid healing is absurdly overpowered and it has been this way on beta for months.
Its the only thing literally everyone agrees on. And every time anyone talks about wod beta its the first thing they mention.
If blizzard do not see the feedback they are blind. If they do not notice it themselves after playing or spectating like 2 or 3 arena games they are also blind.

#11 Creamo

Creamo
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents:

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:29 PM

The one problem that is conveniently not addressed in these conversations: some classes don't have 30 defensive cd's. See: balance (the spec that seems to be impossible to balance).

Just devil's advocate here, don't shoot me.

I don't even fotm

#12 sarma

sarma
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Unholy 1/2/2/1/1/2/2
  • 2v2: 1563
  • RBG: 768
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

I do not get it. Are they blind or just incredibly stubborn?

Too much cocaine , I think
Posted Image

#13 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

1) Dmg vs healing does not even remotely match (healing is way too powerfull on beta and live)
2) Dispell still has a cd vs no cd poly,fear,root etc
3) Gapclosers vs excape abilities also does not match
4) Amount of mobility some classes have is over the top making positioning trivial and almost non imortant
5) Dmg/burst some specs can do is plain retarded
6) Amount of extra trinkets and oh shit buttons is still in the roof
7) Amount of casting vs amount of things that can stop cast is still not even close to match

Can you elaborate for my obvious pea sized brain? There are not enough interrupts or there are too many ways to stop casts? Im confused. Surely you dont mean the latter. Especially since your profile class is a dk. You have more ways than god himself to stop casts.
Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#14 Speedymart

Speedymart
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Emerald Dream
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fury 2/0/1/1/0/0/2
  • 3v3: 2168
  • RBG: 576

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

Remove feral & ret interrupts

The amount of interrupt abilities isn't the problem, it's the shear amount of classes that can interrupt
Posted Image

#15 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Remove feral & ret interrupts

The amount of interrupt abilities isn't the problem, it's the shear amount of classes that can interrupt

Honestly i dont even think its that. Its the sheer amount of abilities that interrupt casts that arent necessarily meant to be used as an interrupt. For example: Youre playing against TSG. You juke pummel and mid freeze. Well that should be good enough.. You should be able to cast now.. But no. You get gripped, you get gripped, you get ghoul stun, you get shock wave or storm bolt or whatever the warrior is using, you get strang / asphyx, etc... By that time, the original pummel and mind freeze are back up. Thats the problem.

And you can use this example for other comps as well... Youre playing against MLX. Dodge both spell locks, get coiled, shadow fury, deeped, etc to prevent cast.

Every class having an interrupt isnt the problem. Its the fact that every class has multiple abilities that can be used AS an interrupt.

Edited by Clamnesia, 11 November 2014 - 02:25 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#16 Prolifics

Prolifics
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Feral 2/2/1/1/2/.
  • RBG: 575

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

Moonkin/Feral healing is out of control right now. Once they pop heart, your teams best bet is to just afk for the duration of it as you sure as fuck aren't going to be killing anything.

#17 livejamie

livejamie
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:00 PM

Are Druids and Paladins the main culprits here? What specs are we talking about, specifically?
Posted Image

#18 ProdeGaming

ProdeGaming
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arcane ./0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:12 PM

Are Druids and Paladins the main culprits here? What specs are we talking about, specifically?

Most spectacular overpowered is Ret,Feral,Destro Warlock,DK, ~Fury Warr healing.

#19 Kelarm

Kelarm
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: ./././././.
  • RBG: 2922

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:26 AM

uh healing is way op for non healers? i got it just fine.

Here is the problem. This community will bitch and moan about op and broken mechanics in pvp, but they wont do anything to help resolve or prevent them. I brought up many concerns about the beta on the official forums and asked aj people to help out by posting. Nobody did. The only people who actually post there were pve people lol.

I'm legitimately curious what would make you say this.

I assume you've been around a fairly long time. Several expansions, at least.

And in those several expansions, during the expansion beta testing, have you ever known blizzard to listen to players' pvp feedback and actually change things based on their suggestions? I cannot think of a single time, although I did pass on MoP. It started with patch 3.0, which was the first and last time I ever beta tested an expansion or an expansion patch. Every player who so much as right clicked an opposing player during this testing was SCREAMING at blizzard on forums regarding how monumentally overpowered ret paladins were. This dragged on throughout pretty much the entire beta that I'm aware of. Patch 3.0 went live with literally no changes to ret, and the expansion shipped with, again, no changes to ret. And surprise surprise, ret went on to fucking wreck everyone for all of s5 (obviously overshadowed by the intense imbalance of DKs, but still) and most or all of s6 before it finally got nerfed.

The point is, PvPers have literally a fucking decade of evidence that suggests our feedback will be ignored, particularly when it comes to the release of a new expansion. All that screaming about ret and such? That was back when we had very little evidence to suggest our concerns would be completely ignored, so effort was made to get the message to blizzard. Now? Why the hell even bother, we all know this.

It's amusing that you bring up the bit about PvErs actively giving feedback. This just drives home the point even further. PvE feedback has historically been heeded by blizzard, changes are made, and content is generally released in a somewhat balanced, finely tuned state. This is the polar opposite of their approach to pvp content, which is always released in an unrecognizable mess to the point of hilarity.

Edited by Kelarm, 12 November 2014 - 05:59 AM.

Official Blizzard Quote:

Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.

Finally, I understand why pvp in this game is so bad.

#20 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

I'm legitimately curious what would make you say this.

I assume you've been around a fairly long time. Several expansions, at least.

And in those several expansions, during the expansion beta testing, have you ever known blizzard to listen to players' pvp feedback and actually change things based on their suggestions? I cannot think of a single time, although I did pass on MoP. It started with patch 3.0, which was the first and last time I ever beta tested an expansion or an expansion patch. Every player who so much as right clicked an opposing player during this testing was SCREAMING at blizzard on forums regarding how monumentally overpowered ret paladins were. This dragged on throughout pretty much the entire beta that I'm aware of. Patch 3.0 went live with literally no changes to ret, and the expansion shipped with, again, no changes to ret. And surprise surprise, ret went on to fucking wreck everyone for all of s5 (obviously overshadowed by the intense imbalance of DKs, but still) and most or all of s6 before it finally got nerfed.

The point is, PvPers have literally a fucking decade of evidence that suggests our feedback will be ignored, particularly when it comes to the release of a new expansion. All that screaming about ret and such? That was back when we had very little evidence to suggest our concerns would be completely ignored, so effort was made to get the message to blizzard. Now? Why the hell even bother, we all know this.

It's amusing that you bring up the bit about PvErs actively giving feedback. This just drives home the point even further. PvE feedback has historically been heeded by blizzard, changes are made, and content is generally released in a somewhat balanced, finely tuned state. This is the polar opposite of their approach to pvp content, which is always released in an unrecognizable mess to the point of hilarity.

I agree with this, however if there is ever a time that blizzard seems to care even a tiny bit about pvp, it is now. They are desperate on not losing an even larger playerbase, and you can say about holinka what you want but the guy has been doing a pretty good job (especially compared to for example ghostwalker).

I don't get it why they cannot simply change stuff that will have zero influence on any kind of pve situation. For example: guise feather fear. There is no particular reason for this settup to stay the way it is with regards to pve. They could simply make guise restricted to 100% movement speed. Problem=solved. The ability will still be usefull to settup fears. Just not as plain retarted.

p.s. i just went to the wow arena forums, it just hurts to look. If you think aj is toxic, try reading trough a huge pile of shitposts by 1400 rated players telling people that priest blanket silence is not OP because paladins and monks also have an interrupt.

Edited by DerpiousMaximus, 12 November 2014 - 08:48 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arena, wod, pvp, op, beta, healing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<