Death knight Warrior Druid Hunter DK vs War 3v3 comp WOD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 27 October 2014 - 10:16 PM

Hi Guys! :D

This is a post directed to those who has tried out Beta and has some experience with mentioned compositions of three's.

It's not a FOTM-thread, atleast I try not to be. But I want some serious input as I want to be able to play with my friends at an competitive level without being the "gimped" class holding us back. (Gimped and balanced ain't being the same thing in this context.)

I've been playing Resto druid / Hunter / Lock last seasons with some success.
Now that WoD is being released in the near future I've discussed a bit with my friends what setup we will be rolling n WoD for 3's.
We're thinking of a Healer/Caster/Melee setup but open for everything.

My friends play Resto druid and Hunter, so the question is what class will be the one with highest synergy with them.
Deeming from what you know from the notes and class changes, which class do you figure this will be?

We've been narrating it down to Death knight and Warrior. Though our main concern is DMG, uptime, CC DR's and the mere squishiness.

Death knight I reckon being a class bringing a lot of raw DPS to the table aswell as survivability and control, with the spread DMG via the STDs being spread around it should be a pretty viable composition. Being able to peel with DG and stuns doesn't really hurt the comp either.

Though what is the negative aspect of it? What have we missed? What would be the weakness of this setup?

Warriors has always been a pretty solid class to bring in arenas. They've had their ups and downs but for sure they have been viable for the majority of seasons, whilst excelling during some of them.

The DPS seems nice etc. but the mere squishiness of warriors and the time waiting around for something to happen with their buttons is just a pain.
Arms is hitting 3 buttons tops and then sitting around doing slow white-dmg a couple of seconds before you can hit 2 more buttons just to go back to sitting around doing nothing again..

I have my hopes up for Gladiator's stance, but as I haven't tried it out even in Beta, could someone give me an input on how the synergy will be in KFC (Hunter/Druid/Warrior).
What's the major change in the play style/tactic. It was an comp excelling in CC and high sustained DPS last season but with the changes to Talent trees, spell pruning, DR-categories etc. I have no idea what to expect from it.

You who have tested gladiators stance, how does it feel? Is it solid enough with both DMG and control to be an better option than a nightmarish DK in a KFC?

Is there any other class I should ponder before making my choice?

I don't think rogue will be the class I'll be playing as I've never enjoyed it.

Yours truly :heart:
/dedicated AJ-screener :ph34r:

#2 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

BUMP* :D Come on guys, give me at least some feedback!

#3 Hordii

Hordii
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Tarren Mill
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1380
  • 3v3: 288

Posted 29 October 2014 - 02:28 PM

with either setup the weakness would be synergy between resto druid and hunter, it hasn't really worked since atc in wrath.

I can't imagine there being a huge difference between the 2 comps other than the fact dk's look op. but then again I haven't played beta, so maybe someone else could be more helpful
Posted Image

#4 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 12:48 AM

The lack of synergy being that Cyclone and Traps DR with each other? Disorienting roar + Binding shot also DR?

#5 Azerathe

Azerathe
  • Members

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:28 PM

Anything guys? Come on!

Will ATC as Resto/H/Protglad > Resto/H/DK ?

Atleast add something? :) 500+ views and 2 replies? :)

#6 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:05 AM

Tried ATC with Rdruid yday.. Works decent with Glyph of Blooming.. But there are also times were the hunter just explodes.
Tried running as both arms and protglad. Arms actually seems to be the better choise due to high cleave / better pressure, giving the druid more time to CC while hots are rolling.

On the other hand, DK/Hunter / Rdruid seems stronger due to the simple fact that DKS > Warriors right now. Though its hard to say, since 90% of the teams you face atm, has a disc healer :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Death knight, Warrior, Druid, Hunter, DK vs War, 3v3 comp, WOD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<