Hypothetically, 'Bob' lives in Beaufort, SC (551 miles from the american wow database (886.7 km)) and has a fluctuating ms pool of 85-90. In comparison to 'The Lord' who lives around central in Sydney (approximately 320km from ACT (where the database is meant to be hosted) and has a fluctuating ms pool of 160-180 (before the Australian server commencement).
The Lord situated in Sydney would have a THEORETICAL ms value of = 87.5/886.7 x 320 = 31.3973159 ms
- 87.5 is the average of 'Bob's fluctuating ms
- 886.7 is the distance of Bob from the database in America
- 31.3973159 ms is the THEORETICAL ms value of an Australian living around central in Sydney
- (Keep in mind) If a team consisting of an Oceanic party leader queues into an opposing team with the party leader residing on a North American server, the arena will be hosted on the North American server, thus reverting our ms back to what is was prior to the Australian servers.
- Our servers and the arena are separate entity's, consequently causing our ms to revert if we face a North American party leader
- Keep in mind, If you are queueing with someone who's on an Oceanic server, and you are from a North American server: if both party leaders are from Oceanic servers, the American participants will be playing on the ACT databases, therefore increasing their ms in direct proportion to the distance between the American player and the database.
- These calculations DO NOT account for electromagnetic interferences
Edited by timisftw, 26 October 2014 - 09:41 AM.