• US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 October 2016 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for the reply. Here's this for anyone interested:

• Mistwalk can no longer be cast while silenced.
  • Soothing Mist healing reduced by 10% in PvP. (Soothing Mist version of Ancient Mistweaver Arts is unaffected.)
  • Soothing Mist healing cast by Summon Jade Serpent Statue reduced by 10% in PvP.
  • Developers’ Notes: Mistweavers been one of our strongest healers. We feel Soothing Mist is doing too much healing per second on its own, making it so that the Mistweaver doesn’t have to use cast-time healing spells as much as other healers, even when their target is taking high amounts of damage. We’re reducing Soothing Mist slightly to address this. Mistwalk was never intended to be used while the Mistweaver was silenced or locked out of Nature, so we’ve fixed that as a bug.

#62 Regent

Regent
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/2/.
  • 2v2: 2318
  • 3v3: 2622
  • 5v5: 2528

Posted 14 October 2016 - 06:19 AM

Thanks for the reply. Here's this for anyone interested:

• Mistwalk can no longer be cast while silenced.
  • Soothing Mist healing reduced by 10% in PvP. (Soothing Mist version of Ancient Mistweaver Arts is unaffected.)
  • Soothing Mist healing cast by Summon Jade Serpent Statue reduced by 10% in PvP.
  • Developers’ Notes: Mistweavers been one of our strongest healers. We feel Soothing Mist is doing too much healing per second on its own, making it so that the Mistweaver doesn’t have to use cast-time healing spells as much as other healers, even when their target is taking high amounts of damage. We’re reducing Soothing Mist slightly to address this. Mistwalk was never intended to be used while the Mistweaver was silenced or locked out of Nature, so we’ve fixed that as a bug.

Their explanation doesn't make much sense for this season. They think that not enough hard casting goes on in arena, which is a fair assumption I guess, so they are nerfing the perma aura masteries in 7.1. This change is like the same intent as those, except won't 7.1 be the end of the season?

I don't get why they would put this in a hotfix but leave the other changes for the next season.

Here is a breakdown of Gladiator+ range by spec:

sqhINyo.png

NOTE: BM hunter isn't even in the top 15 specs and it is getting nerfed the hardest of all.

Edited by Regent, 14 October 2016 - 06:22 AM.

#63 xDamnationx

xDamnationx
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1662
  • 3v3: 1839
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

Their explanation doesn't make much sense for this season. They think that not enough hard casting goes on in arena, which is a fair assumption I guess, so they are nerfing the perma aura masteries in 7.1. This change is like the same intent as those, except won't 7.1 be the end of the season?

I don't get why they would put this in a hotfix but leave the other changes for the next season.

Here is a breakdown of Gladiator+ range by spec:

sqhINyo.png

NOTE: BM hunter isn't even in the top 15 specs and it is getting nerfed the hardest of all.

Yeah it kinda pissed me off. I understand the need to nerf MW but Shaman is still the top healing class and with the rogue and enh nerfs I feel like Shamans are going to be even more common.

#64 Mendicant

Mendicant
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 15 October 2016 - 01:56 AM

The nerfs to Monk are pretty haHAA (Make mistwalk 1 charge)

-700 healing on soothing mist now. Luckily we have 2,000,000 hp pools.

@person who asked (sorry on mobile) - Song of chi-ji is a niche thing, since warriors aren't a thing and when they are it's double charge so leg sweep is prob always better atm.

Melee spec is only good in 2s

@whoever talked about aura mastery our healing output is only good cuz of vim and vigor. With our moblity we can keep above 80% pretty ez.

Edited by Mendicant, 15 October 2016 - 03:40 AM.

#65 jumpypuppet

jumpypuppet

Posted 18 October 2016 - 05:56 PM

i'm not sure if it's still supposed to go through -- i think in 7.1? -- but what would be your recommendation assuming fortune tuned gets buffed and refreshing breeze is changed to no longer refresh renewing? i assume it'll be preferable to take fortune tuned? do you foresee any situations in which you'd consider taking healing spheres after the patch? 

#66 Gakros

Gakros
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 2/0/2/2/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1524
  • 3v3: 1884
  • RBG: 1628

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:33 AM

HI great guide,

helped a lot to figure how MW work on Legion but i found your suggestions on talent a bit too harsh and i would like to add my 2 cents here.

-Tiger's Lust i think its essential if you are running a meelee comp vs mages and maybe destro locks / ele shamans.It gives that extra closer they need to finish the job or pummel that polly.

-Ring of Peace honestly i am really cuurious to see the 7.1.5 version will be interesting

-Diffuse even though as noted Healing Elixir is better at 99% of times, on locks i like having myself as a bait at 50% life (see below) and when they go for the kill on me with  lots of dots use this one to reverse back to them.Just for that little extra pressure.

Note that if not both enemy dps (on 3s) are caster's Elixir is still better.

-Defender of the Weak where is the love on this talent. This is a go-to talent on Lock,Spriest,Feral and basically anything that rots the entire team.I highly doubt vs Rot Teams you will survive that cleave and since you won't be 80% life getting that extra haste means a lot to your hots. 

Also as noted above i like to stay at 50% just to keep this buff rolling and bait the enemies to go for me.

This talent is 100% for me on sight of any rot combo.

-Fast Feet i have seen a few high ranked players swap to this so i gave it a go.

On Dk's i like it for that Death Grip root combo if they happen to Grab me too far away from my port.

On Hunters pet is always on me meaning i always get +20% speed and  the lower cd on root seems to be helping a lot.

Currently Testing it vs mages and locks (pet always on me).

Finally really bad advise that i do 110% of the time:
Double Chi Torpedo and Paralysis are enough to reach and stop Warlock's Portal at almost any arena!!!
Yes i sacrifice half my mobility on opening, Yes i don't setup, Yes i dive right into the enemy's hug, but we all know how important is for the warlock that Portal. The fact that  they don't expect the HEALER to rush and stop it is awesome!!!

Hope i helped and if i didn't please response accordingly.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wod, monk, mw, mistweaver, nerf hunters, nerf mages, mendi, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<