• Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/2/0/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 671
  • 3v3: 1826
  • LocationSpain

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:44 PM

Oh, btw, i forgot to mention something about the double dispel.
I'm running the glyph and it is awesome. Don't take it as a 4 sec increase cd, it turns into a 12 sec recharge, like roll works. If you can dispel twice doesnt mean u have to do it twice in a row.. it actually turns into a 6 secs cd dispel :)

Edited by Ysteria, 25 October 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#22 Primius

Primius
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/0/0/1
  • 2v2: 2039
  • 3v3: 2519
  • 5v5: 1150
  • RBG: 959

Posted 26 October 2014 - 04:59 AM

Haste over crit? Thats completely the opposite of PvE, why are you saying Haste? Just wondering, I know you said you weren't entirely 100% sure.

Mendi's guide is about live. On live haste is better because enveloping mist is nuts. Surge heals for a ton and you never oom.

For those reasons critical has little value.

Edited by Primius, 27 October 2014 - 08:48 PM.

#23 Splotch

Splotch
  • Members

Posted 26 October 2014 - 05:18 AM

Ah I see, I assumed it was also for beginning WoD but that makes more sense.

#24 dTaler

dTaler

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:57 AM

I like your perspective on lvl 100 MWs and how you list some of the options. I'll level mine but I'm not really sure what to do after. The class just feels so bare. Even if it was buffed it would still have the same 4 spells and it would be mindless gameplay. I guess one could argue that orb botters played that way anyway, but personally I was always doing 1000 things at once with old MW.

When I play my resto shaman there are so many approaches to accomplish your goal. Different talents, grounding, tremor, more instant spells, snares, roots, purge, shear. Why did Blizz remove disable from monks but on my rsham I get a free aoe snare totem that autoticks? Why do druids and pallies get a versatility buff, and WWs have 3 buffs, but MWs get nothing? Why do we not have dispel protection if we need to rely even more on hots to stay alive? It makes no sense. If I have any downtime on my rsham I can purge, on MW I just sit there or risk getting locked out with a nerfed jade lightning. Really, you can't generate soothing chi, dps, or do anything in MW downtime, which I presume won't exist anyway since we'll always be trained. It's just a shit class, maybe good for rbgs, but even then we'd get 1-shot.

Why is life cocoon on 55 seconds? It's seriously fucking stupid. Decreasing the CD on our most mongo spell doesn't improve the gameplay. I'd much rather they bring back dematerialize, it would be less mongo than that. We'll be cocooning ourselves 90% of the time anyway, same with nimble brew.

ur amazing.

#25 Ysteria

Ysteria
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

I like your perspective on lvl 100 MWs and how you list some of the options. I'll level mine but I'm not really sure what to do after. The class just feels so bare. Even if it was buffed it would still have the same 4 spells and it would be mindless gameplay. I guess one could argue that orb botters played that way anyway, but personally I was always doing 1000 things at once with old MW.

When I play my resto shaman there are so many approaches to accomplish your goal. Different talents, grounding, tremor, more instant spells, snares, roots, purge, shear. Why did Blizz remove disable from monks but on my rsham I get a free aoe snare totem that autoticks? Why do druids and pallies get a versatility buff, and WWs have 3 buffs, but MWs get nothing? Why do we not have dispel protection if we need to rely even more on hots to stay alive? It makes no sense. If I have any downtime on my rsham I can purge, on MW I just sit there or risk getting locked out with a nerfed jade lightning. Really, you can't generate soothing chi, dps, or do anything in MW downtime, which I presume won't exist anyway since we'll always be trained. It's just a shit class, maybe good for rbgs, but even then we'd get 1-shot.

Why is life cocoon on 55 seconds? It's seriously fucking stupid. Decreasing the CD on our most mongo spell doesn't improve the gameplay. I'd much rather they bring back dematerialize, it would be less mongo than that. We'll be cocooning ourselves 90% of the time anyway, same with nimble brew.

Idd. When i started playing mw (like 2 years ago) i was so amazed with the class, that after changing from one healer to another in each expansion i finally thought "whoa, this is what i was looking for, i love this class, never rerolling again". Now.... mistweaver turned out to be... boring to play. You either get trained and just run without healing yourself (lol) or you use 2 spells over and over to heal your partners while hiding behind a pilar.

I've just rerolled back to my Rdruid.

#26 caffetin

caffetin
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Balance 2/0/2/1/2/1
  • RBG: 1320
  • LocationSerbia/Belgrade

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:22 AM

Same, so simple.
back to Resto drud.
Cornix cornici oculos non effodiet.
Twitch : http://www.twitch.tv/caffetine
Lizzard care (srb) : http://spinoses.wix....kaygeckobeograd

#27 mesoteric

mesoteric
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Ravencrest
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/1/2/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2205
  • 3v3: 2158
  • 5v5: 1894
  • RBG: 1916

Posted 27 November 2014 - 11:17 AM

Some of duelist rat scum thoughts down here:

1)We lost healing spheres, what obviously took our retarded healing burst but it is still viable class to play and having fun.
2)No dematerialize anymore, but we still have Nimble Brew and 55sec Life Cocoon. We need some good peels with stun heavy comps.
3)2P Crit chance reduction on enveloping mist is awesome. There's almost to way to get interrupted with enveloping, due to 0.5s GCD of soothing mist. Tried it plenty times, what's atm the best ability to poke enemy to use interrupt unless interrupt bot is in use.
4)Welcome back Healing Elixirs. At the moment it's very good ability, that stays on top of self-healing graphs.
5)Multistrike>Crit>Versitality>Haste>Mastery. No point in going haste, as it doesn't give extra ticks anymore. Taking it only because of channeling speed is imo big waste, especially compared to multistrike.
6)Chi torpedo seems to be most viable 90 talent. At 100 I'd consider Chi Explosion and Breath. Renewing mist heals nothing, no point in boosting this ability. When you use ChiEx with Detonate Chi it's quite nice burst of healing. Anyway we're gonna spend our chis on enveloping mist.

Let's see what will happen in future, when season will start and ppl gear up their toons. IMO monk is going to stay in top of RBG healers, in arenas they will get countered by rogues.

#28 Ysteria

Ysteria
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Dun Modr
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • LocationSpain

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:19 AM

Blizzard why u took spheres from us!!! U_U

Posted Image :(

Edited by Ysteria, 30 November 2014 - 02:01 AM.

#29 hypermode_4274975

hypermode_4274975
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Elemental 1/1/0/0/0/0
  • RBG: 2309

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

I am looking to reroll monk, what (alliance) race should I choose?

#30 solidarityx

solidarityx
  • Junkies
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Mistweaver 0/0/2/2/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 1753
  • RBG: 1620

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:10 PM

....dwarf m8

#31 Moardeth

Moardeth
  • Members

Posted 23 December 2014 - 11:25 PM

Anyone know what comp Barry is playing with? Highest rated MW atm and he is playing with Xuen/Poolofmist. Any Idea how he is able to keep his teamates alive at 2700 rating..?

#32 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2516
  • 5v5: 768

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

Anyone know what comp Barry is playing with? Highest rated MW atm and he is playing with Xuen/Poolofmist. Any Idea how he is able to keep his teamates alive at 2700 rating..?

he is playing ret/dk/mw
Posted Image

#33 Shunai

Shunai
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/2/2/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 2258
  • 3v3: 2516
  • 5v5: 768

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:11 PM

I see alot of top rated mw enchanting full versa, is that really the way to go? I feel like you can't rly got alot of versa in comparison with haste or multistrike
Posted Image

#34 Mendicant

Mendicant
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Really sorry for not updating this.

I'll try to get everything up to date by friday!

You should honestly run double stam trinkets+full vers because arenas are a Train-the-healer fest and it's down to who lives longer.

Our level 100 talents doesn't matter to much - pool of mists is an overall good baseline to run.

MWs really only have trouble healing thru high spread pressure.

Sorry again!

#35 fonekcef

fonekcef
  • Members

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:00 PM

he is using poolofmist as a chi generator. Em heals for a shitton while chi explosion sucks dick.

Xuen is simply the best option in that row.

#36 Mendicant

Mendicant
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Destromath
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/2/2/.

Posted 25 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

he is using poolofmist as a chi generator. Em heals for a shitton while chi explosion sucks dick.

Xuen is simply the best option in that row.

The damage and healing it does is minimal, it being a chi generator really helps.

Usually I would play it against a lock team (If I'm not playing with something that has breakable CC) but hell Pool gives it a 15% healing increase. While minimal, it helps generate team quickly along with chi brew to keep EMs up on everyone.

-----------------

Updated glyphs and enchants from phone, lemme know if I missed anything.
I'm super sorry again!

#37 Alwaysyoux

Alwaysyoux
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Mistweaver 1/0/2/2/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2157
  • 3v3: 2566
  • 5v5: 288
  • RBG: 1816

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

I see alot of top rated mw enchanting full versa, is that really the way to go? I feel like you can't rly got alot of versa in comparison with haste or multistrike

All your enchants should be versa yes.

And stat priority should be haste versa sprit crit mastery imo

#38 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:00 AM

The Enhanced Roll bug seems to be fixed. (No idea when it was fixed, since I just started leveling my monk.)

I tested this using a level 98 monk and a level 5 monk in the same spot using precise landmarks, and they seemed to go the same distance.

Roll is still super buggy though. Sometimes it travels a bit short for no reason, and occasionally it goes long. I'd say it only works correctly 75% of the time. This is really obvious going back and forth between two smoke flares. (Or rather, attempting to. You usually go short within a few rolls.)

Chi Torpedo seems to have the same amount of variability, too.

#39 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:37 PM

Offensive dispels choose a random buff to dispel, right? Just wondering if there's any special technique for using Zen Sphere as dispel protection. Apply before or after EM?

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:16 PM

Offensive dispels choose a random buff to dispel, right? Just wondering if there's any special technique for using Zen Sphere as dispel protection. Apply before or after EM?

Doesn't matter for the odds of which will be dispelled, but before is obviously better if they catch you with a dispel in your global after you put up EM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wod, monk, mw, mistweaver, nerf hunters, nerf mages, mendi, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<