Updated for Legion (Basic overview for MW atm)
This will probably be under construction for a few days, would just like to get talents out of the way.
Table of Contents
1.3 General Tips
Hey. I'm Mendi. I like cleaves.
1. Mistwalk. I don't think anything else is even remotely worth taking and therefore won't discuss. This talents gives you insanely high mobility and it heals a decent amount.
1. Chi Torpedo - Helps you quickly cross the map to get a clutch para/sweep and thanks to the Yu'lons gift we don't need Tiger's Lust nearly as bad.
2. Tiger's Lust - I don't think this is needed unless you are against a SV hunter tbh. Chi Torpedo is better for you in every way, and most roots got pruned.
1. Mist wrap - Gives you an extra second on EM and keeps you mobile+able to channel around pillars.
2.Lifecycles - Rarely will you go this. If a composition is playing absurdly safe with the goal of ooming you to kill, this is the only reason you would take this.
Ring of Peace, Song of Chi-ji, and Leg Sweep.
All 3 of these are good and completely dependant on what comp you are playing. However, if you are playing with a caster, and/or playing on the Blade's Edge arena map,Ring of Peace should be used. It can knock melee off the side heavily relieving pressure
Healing Elixir - Only talent worth taking. I tried Diffuse, I feel Elixir is better in every way, shape, and form.
Jade Serpent Statue - Bread and butter. Consistent healing, best for longer games.
Invoke Chi-ji - Best for comps with 2-3 minute high damage CDs and AoE (AKA ferals w/ incarn or just feral teams in general.) This can relieve a lot of pressure instantly.
Focused Thunder - Probably the best. You can FT+RM everyone on your team in the opener and keep it rolling with Vivify
Mana Tea - Because we have instant cast EM, this could be good against rot-heavy comps that high semi-high burst where you'll have a period of spamming Vivify.
If Orc - Relentless 100% of the time*
Not Orc - Regular trinket, possibly Adaptation depending on comp.
*-Very rare cases where Adaptation could possibly be better EG against rogue/mage possibly
1.Vim and Vigor - This is going to be your go to 90% of the time. The 20% increase gives you insane healing output and almost every comp in the game shouldn't be able to kill you in a timely manner.
2. Zen Focus - If you are being trained and can't handle the pressure and or can't kite well enough, this is probably better. Run of the mill Aura mastery, but honestly not that great. You do not take damage from UA dispels while benefitting from aura mastery
1. Yu'lon's Gift - Uhhhh. Uhhh. Dispels all snares when you roll. So good. So, so good.
1. Surge of Mist - Probably the only talent work taking. Way of the Crane is more for fun and Ancient MW arts is to buggy+makes you oom so fast. Instant EM best EM.
Chrysalis, Counteract Magic, and Dome of Mist
All 3 are top tier. Easy rule of Thumb:
1. Does the team have a magical DoT that will likely be on 2 or more people?
2. Does the team have a purge? Will the team likely be purging often and is it more or less beneficial than the other 2?
Dome of Mists
3. If the team has no purge nor high spread damage, go Chrysalis.
1. Refreshing Breeze - Only talent able to be taken imo. Every team has so much cleave ability, and this is a flat increase. Both effuse and Vivify have a 1.33s cast time in arena, and vivify heals significantly more than effuse in the first place. (However, is more mana munchy)
I don't think this needs a write-up, but I will just point out this to note
Enveloping Mist - Increases healing received via the Monk [You] is +40%
Vivify - w/ Honor talent refreshes the duration of RM and heals 3 people
Essence Font - While you will almost never use this in PvP, the HoT effect allows your mastery (Which heals for ~66k in PvP) to double dip. Aka Essence font-hot applies to dps-vivify for 100k+66k+(Free 66k)
I only have a few, however will add any suggestions below.
1. Port Placement - Remember to constantly replace your port. Make sure you can always port incase you get swapped on or find yourself about to be feared
2. Aura Mastery Vs. Unstable Affliction - While under the benefit of Aura Mastery, you take no damage from UA dispel (Which we know can easily hit 1m+ atm) so if you start falling behind you could [Thunder Focus Tea] and Revival to dispel everything and top your team off.
/cast [@arenapet1/2/3] Provoke
You can taunt Mage/Hunter/X pets to break Poly/Trap./Wyvern ect.
It's easy to do and there's not reason to not be doing it.
*Against mages this is very buggy. I did a lot of test (All with pet on passive like a real mage would) And it only seems to work in the water ele is near the end cast of a waterbolt on another target BEFORE they cast poly.
Anything. Literally anything. Like seriously. Anything.
/cast [@arena1/2/3] Paralysis
/cast [@arenapet1/2/3] Provoke
/tar arena 1/2/3
/tar party 1/2
Twitch Streams to watch out for
*Copied from Nayokos thread, some may be inactive. I will underline those I know are currently active, please let me know if others are active.
Adellah -- twitch.tv/adellahx
Berreb -- twitch.tv/berrebii
Blackrick -- twitch.tv/rickblackx
Blacksteve -- twitch.tv/unchainedx
Blakexo -- twitch.tv/synthic123
Boople -- twitch.tv/booplesnootslol
Clammy -- twitch.tv/clammyqthehe
Dordrum -- twitch.tv/k0range4
Duck -- twitch.tv/duck489
Gaalon -- twitch.tv/gaalon
Jajajajacaob -- twitch.tv/jacobxtv
Jao -- twitch.tv/yojao
Kp -- twitch.tv/kpthemonk
Mendi -- twitch.tv/mendithemw
Monkzz -- twitch.tv/monkzz69
Nepho -- twitch.tv/nepho
Vampz -- twitch.tv/vampzqt
Verelea -- twitch.tv/rookere
Vinkz -- twitch.tv/vinkz1187
Wiggy -- twitch.tv/wiggychee
Nayoko -- twitch.tv/nayokotvx
Edited by Mendicant, 05 October 2016 - 04:26 AM.