#141 morelandjs

morelandjs
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Protection

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:57 PM

Anyone else running the fade glyph? Seems quite good. 10% damage taken reduction every 30s, lasts for 10s. It's off GCD so I just tag it to my PWS in a macro to keep it active as much as possible. Typically I'm PWS'ing whenever I have a melee train in my face anyhow so it lines up nicely.

#142 Dafuq

Dafuq
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1/.
  • 2v2: 1601
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 2369
  • RBG: 1649

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:03 PM

Anyone else running the fade glyph? Seems quite good. 10% damage taken reduction every 30s, lasts for 10s. It's off GCD so I just tag it to my PWS in a macro to keep it active as much as possible. Typically I'm PWS'ing whenever I have a melee train in my face anyhow so it lines up nicely.

Everyone have been using it since a few seasons ago :P

#143 Dip

Dip
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 2214
  • 3v3: 1978
  • 5v5: 2202
  • RBG: 2038
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Hey, how is Shadowy Insigt in a BG scenario? Would PI or ToT be better? Cheers

Officer of <Mental>

~ recruiting more somewhat unstable fugitives who possess above average skill and performance ~

Contact info in threads @ MMO-champ guild recr, WoW-EU forums and over here at AJ.

#144 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:08 AM

You use both Mind Spike and Mind Blast proc talents in RBGs, together with Auspicious Spirits and Cascade.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#145 Mundayz

Mundayz
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kil'jaeden
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1498
  • 3v3: 1672
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 1642
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:14 AM

Is most of this still current

#146 eltwentyone

eltwentyone

Posted 11 April 2015 - 04:43 AM

running ww with a friend, its hella fun, game needs more diversity

#147 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:16 AM

Hey, how is Shadowy Insigt in a BG scenario? Would PI or ToT be better? Cheers

Twist of Fate is better. You get tons of orbs with Auspicious Spirits in Ashran or BG/RBG when multidoting, so you can almost spam Devouring Plagues.

#148 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Is most of this still current

Nothing much has changed, so ( most of ) it is current.

running ww with a friend, its hella fun, game needs more diversity

I only remember WW/SP/Shaman from last season, and back then it had piss poor control but insane globals on people, what MMR did you queue this on ?

Twist of Fate is better. You get tons of orbs with Auspicious Spirits in Ashran or BG/RBG when multidoting, so you can almost spam Devouring Plagues.

Both are viable imo, although it's a sound point that you'll be so overwhelmed with orbs when AS that you won't get some advantage over having instant MB proc every now and then.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#149 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

Updated for 6.1

#150 eltwentyone

eltwentyone

Posted 18 April 2015 - 04:27 AM

Nothing much has changed, so ( most of ) it is current.

I only remember WW/SP/Shaman from last season, and back then it had piss poor control but insane globals on people, what MMR did you queue this on ?

it was low, spriest is my alt so 1500 ish but yea pretty much no control, lack of defensive really hurt spriest comps it sucks but its fun playing something different. I was running insanity talent felt pretty good with ww/feral.

#151 Isterikas

Isterikas
  • Members

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:18 PM

Nice guide. I have one more question, stats for RBG? Is it Crit/Haste or better run with Crit/Mastery? Enchant full haste, mastery or versality? going mainly RBG's.

P.S. Sorry for my broken english.

#152 Hyugarr

Hyugarr
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Hyjal
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/0/1/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 1517
  • 3v3: 1513

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:23 AM

Hi, that's a nice guide but i have a question about comp to play with a friend.

Do you think SP/war is doable in 2s or should i go disc ?

#153 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:58 PM

Updated for 6.2 seeing I started playing it.

TL;DR - Cascade is worth using over Halo 99% of time in 3v3, and Devouring Plague got nerfed by 12%.

I'm going to calculate the best gear setup, but unless Haste yields over 0.1+ sec off on spells, mastery/versa will still be the best combo. ( and I still have no idea how the other Spriests aren't realizing that )

#154 Orpheus66

Orpheus66
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Kel'Thuzad
  • Nightfall
  • Talents: Beast Mastery

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:49 AM

I just don't understand, you give all this great information but don't go over stat priority. I just hit lvl100 on my priest and starting the PvP grind and I am not sure what stat's are more important.

I have googled it and some people have multistrike, some have Crit as main stat (I always thought it was haste). If someone could be so kind and take a few seconds just so I know what the stat priority is that would be great.

#155 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

http://i.imgur.com/IBlvK1X.png

That post says everything about gear..

Those stats you've mentioned are PvE stats - most notably, if you're PvEing, you want Crit+Haste on all of your gear.

In PvP, Multistrike and Crit are absolute GARBAGE ( well, Crit is OKAY if you're only playing RBGs and playing with Auspicious Spirits ).

In PvP, your main stat is MASTERY, simply because there's really nothing else attractive to gear for. It increases the damage of your main filler spell ( Mind Blast ), it increases the damage of your proc spell ( Mind Spike ), and it increases the damage of your Mind Flay ( which, let's be realistic, isn't much these days ).

With that said, you can go Mastery/Haste or Mastery/Versatility. I've ran a comparison between my gear setup ( Mastery/Versa ) and setup of highrated SPs who use Haste. Mastery/Haste ( aka, going mastery/haste pieces and enchanting everything but weapon with haste ) gave like.. less than 0.1 sec cast time off a 1.5 second cast, and gave a pathetic decrease in Mind Blast cooldown. Compared to that, Mastery/Vers provided extra 4% damage and 2% damage reduction iirc.

Meaning the versa version is ten times better, but yet nobody seemed smart enough to figure it out or adopt it, which just beats me. Nobody even commented on the subject when it was mentioned.

With that said, I don't know what's the situation in 6.2, but if we can get to like 10-15% passive versatility level in full gear with mastery/versa, that'd mean going with haste gearing and haste enchanting would yield probably around 0.1/0.2 cast time reduction, and at that point, it might become attractive, sort of. Until I crunch out the numbers when I get the time for it, I'm going to stick with buying Mastery/Versa pieces. Points gain in last season was fucking ridiculous anyway, you could buy 3-4 different sets of gear with the amount of weekly points you get in WoD.

#156 Sadstory1337

Sadstory1337
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 2207
  • 3v3: 3113
  • 5v5: 1440
  • RBG: 2429

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

Good guide, very long couldn't be bothered to read everything but I think it will help a great bunch of shadow priests. (:

Thank you and keep up the good work.

#157 Jako_Binsey

Jako_Binsey
  • Members
  • Locationgermany

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

We been waiting for that
Ty

#158 oopyman

oopyman
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1976
  • 3v3: 864
  • RBG: 766

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:29 PM

so i got both haste/vers and mast/multistrike helms from ashran. i know neither is optimal but haste/vers is the better of the two right? i also got the int/vers accolade trinket. i was thinking that seemed pretty good compared to the int proc trinket with on use in the other slot. is my thinking correct or am i missing something?

Official Blizzard Quote:

I have experienced Heart broken, lost of family members, anger, and love. I will never get these heavy chains that are attached to me.... I hope one day somebody will set me free from these heavy chains.

#159 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 10 July 2015 - 12:02 AM

Int/Vers trinket is probably BiS together with the one that's on-use from vendors. We can get godlike levels of versatility this season while still getting shitloads of mastery from the rest of the gear.

Haste feels really fucking underwhelming btw. Like, I dunno if people will still actively gear for it and enchant it, but it seems really lackluster.

#160 ijustdontknowwhattodo

ijustdontknowwhattodo
  • Members

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

Hi, guys

I am glad that we have an active community here! I started playing my shadow priest again, and I have 2 main questions:

Lolflay, I am following your path of stats. I got mastery enchant on weapon and versa enchant on accessories. Is this the best or should i enchant mastery on accessories?

One more question: I got the ashran versa/multistrike chest and also the haste/multistrike shoulder. Worth using both over the set items / set bonus? Our shoulder set status sucks, so i should use the epic over the set anyway.. but what about the chest? I mean, I am losing a 4 set bonus + mastery to gain more stats + versa (assuming that multistrike is useless). Can you give me a direction here?

Thanks guys! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<