• Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2051
  • 3v3: 1886
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:08 PM

I've seen people use whatever gear setups, it seems like we're the only class not to have a set line to go with, but what I've linked above seems to be by far the best setup you can roll with, anyone is free to dispute me obviously ( two or more heads on the matter are better than one ).

I'm on board with a majority of the gear, although I feel like the extra mitigation you'll have with versatility enchants and the additional amount from your belt ends up fairly negligible. (It's around 2.4% I believe, give or take a few tenths of a percent.) I'd swap the enchants to haste (including wep), the belt to Seeking Ember Girdle (mythic haste/mastery belt from Blackrock Foundary), and forgo the MH/OH for Inferno-Flame Staff (mythic haste/mastery staff from Blackrock Foundary). Just feels like the more haste the better given all of the benefits: reduced GCD, DoTs ticking more frequently lending themselves to more SoD procs, potentially more apparitions, and the reduced casting time in general. That said, the mastery enchant on the weapon is definitely attractive since I'm a fan of big numbers, but yeah... always the possibility of the proc happening when I'm not in a position to really do anything with it. At least with the haste enchant if I have DoTs up already I know they're receiving the benefit and will most likely give me a few SoD procs to dump coming out of whatever is currently inhibiting me at the time, if that makes sense. I'd say mastery is ideal while haste is just more practical there.
Posted Image

Heard they was sleepin' on me.

#122 mirag

mirag
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents:

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:56 AM

Mastery+Haste is the best stat combo you can get on gear DPS wise, Mastery+Versatility is overall best due to survival it provides.

Here's my personal setup ( or rather, how my gear will look like once it's finished ), and reasonings behind it where applicable :

Head : Primal Gladiator's Satin Hood
Neck : Primal Gladiator's Pendant of Prowess ( because nothing better is available ) - enchanted with Versatility
Shoulders : Ashran Revered Versatility+Mastery shoulders
Cloak : Primal Gladiator's Drape of Prowess - enchanted with Versatility
Chest : Primal Gladiator's Satin Robe ( ugh crit ... disgusting stat )
Wrist : Primal Gladiator's Cuffs of Prowess ( ^ )
Gloves : Primal Gladiator's Satin Gloves
Waist : Ashran Versatility+Mastery belt
Legs : Primal Gladiator's Satin Leggings
Feet : Primal Gladiator's Treads of Cruelty
Ring 1 : PVE legendary ring 690 ( 680 version outperforms 690 PvP rings though, too ) - Versatility enchanted
Ring 2 : I'm honestly inclined to fuck off the haste+multi and crit+haste versions and just go spirit+haste, for those rare times I'm Discipline, could care less about Crit and Multistrike. - Versatility.
Trinket 1 : Primal Gladiator's Badge of Dominance ( on use is better than proc this season )
Trinket 2 : PvP insignia of your choosing, or second proc DPS trinket - PREFER INT OVER ANYTHING, int's better than mastery ones from ashran
Weapons : Gavel/endgame ( because I like the transmog possibilities over extra few stats ), Mastery proc enchant ( Mark of Bleeding Hollow )

Surley you would take the crit/versatility bracers over the crit/mastery bracers if you prioritise versatility over mastery like your enchants suggest?

Edited by mirag, 23 January 2015 - 02:27 AM.

#123 Deeklol

Deeklol
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Area 52
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 23 January 2015 - 11:00 AM

i don't think you should enchant versatility..u get like 2.5% reduction
Hey, add me on LoL :)

IGN: Keklyz

#124 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

I don't have a problem with my globals as I already have enough haste ( VT is 1.3 sec cast ), the point stands though that haste enchants are the MOST EFFICIENT use of limited enchanting spots due to haste being buffed some time ago and it being worth the most per 1 point of it, but as I said, I already feel like I have enough haste for it to matter. And I already have enough mastery as is, I do pretty insane damage. Stacking more haste or mastery in enchants seems like a overkill.

Now compare that to our current situation where everyone is riding our asses, versatility provides a flat damage bonus ( both negligible and noticeable ), and a flat damage reduction. 2.5% reduction isn't felt in 10 seconds of a game but sure adds up in 5 minutes of someone training you. Plus I'm pretty sure they'll buff versatility because it's a trash stat in PvE that nobody likes, so there's that.

Crit/versa bracers I don't like because crit, and because I don't want versatility exclusively. I want mastery/haste, but where I can't get mastery/haste, I'll settle with mastery/versatility or haste/versatility. I've noticed some of you like rolling with MB glyph for the RNG root and that's fine, but I don't feel it tbh. Crit and multistrike are both ultra wasted stats in PvP, especially as a SP. If they made it 2.0 again instead of 1.5, then using crit would be mega fine.

As I said, just my opinion, not the definite end answer to all things.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#125 lurkerrr

lurkerrr
  • Premium Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Страж Смерти
  • Шквал
  • Talents: Holy 1/1/1/1/2/0/.
  • 2v2: 1625
  • 3v3: 2344
  • 5v5: 2202
  • RBG: 192

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

I don't have a problem with my globals as I already have enough haste ( VT is 1.3 sec cast ),

Do you mind to update your armory prifile then? I am curious to see your equip. Thanks.

Also, I need an advice on how to damage while being tunneled by rogue + feral or dk+warrior? It seems that they just have enough interrupts to silence me forever...

#126 Bishler

Bishler
  • Sart
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2018
  • 3v3: 2181
  • RBG: 1674
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:04 PM

Im rooting with lolflay here, gearwise. Even without going for haste offpieces/enchants you sit on a comfortable level of haste already. The flat dmg increase from mastery, and the added defensive potential from versatility are far better imo.

The way I'm gearing atm is:
- Versatility enchants on offparts, mastery on weapon
- Versatility gear only if there is also mastery on it, so dont take pieces with crit/multi only for the sake of also having versatility on them, since those stats are shit
- Offpart shoulders for the versatility/mastery and to still maintain your 4p setbonus
Ignorance is bliss

#127 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Plus I'm pretty sure they'll buff versatility because it's a trash stat in PvE that nobody likes, so there's that.

its intentionally designed to be 3rd or lower stat for every single spec in the game :) its only there in the first place because they needed a 5th stat to replace readiness/amplification

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#128 Bishler

Bishler
  • Sart
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:39 PM

its intentionally designed to be 3rd or lower stat for every single spec in the game :) its only there in the first place because they needed a 5th stat to replace readiness/amplification

idk, i still think hes right when prioritizing it on his SP. Yes, the damage reduction is marginal... but at least to me it seems that on some classes you lose more games by dying when you would've only needed a couple of seconds more to survive until cc/cds are back up, than you lose because of the enemies surviving by 1-2% :o
Ignorance is bliss

#129 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:52 PM

idk, i still think hes right when prioritizing it on his SP. Yes, the damage reduction is marginal... but at least to me it seems that on some classes you lose more games by dying when you would've only needed a couple of seconds more to survive until cc/cds are back up, than you lose because of the enemies surviving by 1-2% :o

ya i know i wasnt disagreeing with him, was just commenting on his hope that the stat gets buffed! (it wont)

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#130 Theed

Theed
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 1784
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1630

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:13 AM

I am so tired of being trained.

#131 Bishler

Bishler
  • Sart
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:55 AM

ya i know i wasnt disagreeing with him, was just commenting on his hope that the stat gets buffed! (it wont)

My bad :o sorry
Ignorance is bliss

#132 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 28 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

Do you mind to update your armory prifile then? I am curious to see your equip. Thanks.

Also, I need an advice on how to damage while being tunneled by rogue + feral or dk+warrior? It seems that they just have enough interrupts to silence me forever...

My equip is exactly what I wrote, give or take. Cba updating profile, afraid AJ will break all the titles I have on it considering I don't have my old priest anymore ( therefore no access to my old titles ). Didn't even update a S9 and S12 helmet I got on RL mates priest because of it :D

Im rooting with lolflay here, gearwise. Even without going for haste offpieces/enchants you sit on a comfortable level of haste already. The flat dmg increase from mastery, and the added defensive potential from versatility are far better imo.

The way I'm gearing atm is:
- Versatility enchants on offparts, mastery on weapon
- Versatility gear only if there is also mastery on it, so dont take pieces with crit/multi only for the sake of also having versatility on them, since those stats are shit
- Offpart shoulders for the versatility/mastery and to still maintain your 4p setbonus

Precisely, that 3-4% extra damage reduction you'll get is quite huge imo in some of the games.

I am so tired of being trained.

Indeed. Holinka needs to realize this and get us some proper extra defensive CD, buff glyph of fade f.ex., give us a Glyph of Shadowform that reduces damage taken by other players specifically ( that way it doesn't affect PvE, which is why Shadowform was nerfed from 15% in the first place ), or return Inner Fire effect. This is getting quite boring, you can be a top player on Spriest and without a proper Mage/Druid with which you've got huge synergy with, you'll still fail, that's quite boring imo. They took our identity as a class that needed support of other classes to do damage by giving us the ability to do damage on our own, but instead placed us in a whole new situation where we basically can't survive unless 2 specific classes are backing us up.

I'd rather be in a situation where I need my teammates help to do damage and land kills, than be in a situation where I rely on my teammates to stay alive. I used to be able to live so long on my own during TBC/Wrath, even during Cataclysm. It's boring being left to mercy of your own team and enemy team, it's boring to be a liability. Then compare us to a Warlock, to a Mage, to a Hunter, etc - all those classes can shrug off damage pretty easily and are really really hard to kill, most classes are really really hard to kill right now - we're quite likely the only class(spec, whatever) in game that flops over so easily.

TL;DR - when it comes to survival we're probably on par ( or maybe a step on the ladder or two above ) Windwalkers, however unlike Windwalkers, we're ranged and therefore we can do damage without getting into enemy face, so OP resto druids can keep us alive - the only reason why we can step into arena and compete with other highrated players is because Resto Druids are so grossly overpowered that they can keep us alive and Frost Mages can control the shit out of enemy team. Remove both out of picture and you have a spec that's as gimmicky as Windwalkers are right now.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#133 Bishler

Bishler
  • Sart
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aerie Peak
  • Misery
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Wouldn't even need some major def cd, just some passive reduction... as pointed out, inner fire back, or the 20% dmg reduction on phantasm that theed leaked would've been sufficient... But nope, blizzard increases our dmg instead... just what we needed boys!!!
Ignorance is bliss

#134 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/1/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 2110
  • 3v3: 2066
  • RBG: 960

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:05 PM

Wouldn't this be the absolute BiS gearset? or does pve gear get scaled down to lower then 690? Every single item in this set has a combination of: haste/mastery/vers.

Staff: http://www.wowhead.c...staff&bonus=567 (haste/mast)
Ring: http://www.wowhead.c...-all-seeing-eye (vers/mast)
Ring: http://www.wowhead.c...-seal&bonus=567 (haste/mast)
Boots: http://www.wowhead.c...eads-of-cruelty (haste/mast)
Waist: http://www.wowhead.c...victory#sold-by (vers/mast) or http://www.wowhead.com/item=113941/seeking-ember-girdle&bonus=567 (mast/haste)
Neck: http://www.wowhead.c...-ring&bonus=567 (haste/mast) or http://www.wowhead.c...flame&bonus=567 (haste/vers)
Cloak: http://www.wowhead.c...rape-of-prowess (haste/mast)
Bracers: http://www.wowhead.c...acers&bonus=567 (haste/vers)
Shoulder: http://www.wowhead.c...ntle-of-cruelty (mast/vers)
+4 main pieces

Edited by DerpiousMaximus, 07 February 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#135 Intension

Intension
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Balance 1/0/0/0/1/2/0
  • 3v3: 2394
  • RBG: 1727

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:18 PM

PvE is going to downscale to 680 ilvl in 6.1.

#136 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

PvE is going to downscale to 680 ilvl in 6.1.

that's a good thing. But it still makes me wonder if i'd be worth taking 680 gear with vers mastery. over lets say crit/multistrike 690 gear. Most likely not due to the int difference.

#137 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

that's a good thing. But it still makes me wonder if i'd be worth taking 680 gear with vers mastery. over lets say crit/multistrike 690 gear. Most likely not due to the int difference.

Probably would. 680 legendary questline ring is already better than PvP rings, some other gear might be as well.

#138 GyroX

GyroX
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Bleeding Hollow
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Fury 1/2/1/0/1/2/.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

I have a few of questions...

Will FPS come back in to fashion in 6.1 with the all parties involved being buffed (moreso shamans/feral than us)

In 3's playing godcomp which target(s) should I be applying dots to since we use CoP now, should I put them on the non-kill target and then hard swap to make use of CoP once I have surge procs?

What are some high rated Spriests who currently stream? Seems like all the ones linked are dead and I haven't seen any just skimming through twitch.

Thanks in advance.
I'm bad

#139 DerpiousMaximus

DerpiousMaximus
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm

Posted 20 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

So do you guys play anything else then godcomp? I seriously for the life of me cannot find any partners to play with my spriest. All mages and druids are going for RMD, and in 2s spriests are completely uterly worthless... I was really enjoying my spriest in bgs and stuff. But i think ill just let him be for now.....

#140 domzae

domzae
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dath'Remar
  • Bloodlust
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2254
  • RBG: 1150
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

So do you guys play anything else then godcomp? I seriously for the life of me cannot find any partners to play with my spriest. All mages and druids are going for RMD, and in 2s spriests are completely uterly worthless... I was really enjoying my spriest in bgs and stuff. But i think ill just let him be for now.....

spriest/hunter/x is fun. But it doesn't solve the problem that people refuse to play anything that isn't top 50 on the ladder
Shadow.Protection.Enhance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<