• US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Beast Mastery 0/0/2/2/0/0/2
  • 2v2: 2342
  • 3v3: 2111
  • RBG: 1825

Posted 08 December 2014 - 08:06 AM

we really need someone to stream a lot of Spriest

all the streams you linked in the guide either rerolled, are playing disc, or don't stream

the only one I've seen on stream since WoD/season began is wizkx and he ragequit after an hour and never streamed again

#82 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

Updated talents, glyphs, arena comps.

And as for streaming, I might start streaming once I'm confident enough that the content I'll provide will be top notch. Otherwise no point.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/1/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1878
  • 3v3: 2305
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1935

Posted 10 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

Great post Lolflay +1

#84 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

Ok I really wanna play my sp but because I'm playing with just 2 dudes these are the available comps

1. Sp/Holypala/ww or brewmaster monk
2. Sp/Holypala/dk
3. Sp/Holypala/boomkin

I feel like they would all just be better with a lock?

We tried brewmaster, sp, holy pala yesterday, we won our first and last game (ret feral sham) after 15 minutes. Holy shit ret sac and stoneform is broken.

Edited by Knaittiz, 11 December 2014 - 06:17 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#85 ktimekiller

ktimekiller
  • Junkies
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Enhancement

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:17 AM

I think I'm going with this:

Mastery > Haste > Crit > Versatility > Multi

Enchanting Mastery on jewelry/cloak, but I'm uncertain of the weapon enchant. Are any of you going with a similar stat priority, and if you are, will you guys be going with Warsong or Bleeding Hollow?

#86 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

Ok I really wanna play my sp but because I'm playing with just 2 dudes these are the available comps

1. Sp/Holypala/ww or brewmaster monk
2. Sp/Holypala/dk
3. Sp/Holypala/boomkin

I feel like they would all just be better with a lock?

We tried brewmaster, sp, holy pala yesterday, we won our first and last game (ret feral sham) after 15 minutes. Holy shit ret sac and stoneform is broken.

Try with a Boomkin, could possibly work. DK could also work, now that they're not a poor man's version of a Warrior.

Dunno, compared to beta, half of comps I thought would work ( and which seemed very decent ) are crap, most notably SP Rogue combinations, DKs may very well work seeing how Unholy actually does insane damage right now.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#87 domzae

domzae
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dath'Remar
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2254
  • RBG: 1150
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

half of comps I thought would work ( and which seemed very decent ) are crap, most notably SP Rogue combinations

I haven't had an opportunity to play with a rogue - why is it crap?
Shadow.Protection.Enhance

#88 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

Felt like Rogues are outputting way too little damage. However, I DID play with a Holy Pala, another healer could've probably worked a lot better.

#89 Slavaslave

Slavaslave
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • US-Alexstrasza
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/1/1/0
  • 2v2: 847

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:43 PM

We're currently single target DPSers. The BEST DPS rotation at the moment consists of Mind Blasting on cooldown, Mind Spiking otherwise, when you reach 5 orbs, put VT and SWP up, put DP up, Mindblast the target, do one Mind Flay, DP, Mind Flay until Devouring Plague expires, go back to Mindblasting+Mindspiking. Obviously nobody who is good will let you unload such a fucking insane damage combo on someone, and unless healer is CC'd the DoTs will get dispelled instantly and the DPS will interrupt you.

It's up to you to decide how you want to approach it, even with going the half-assed way ( just keeping VT SWP up and Mind Blasting on CD without doing anything else ) I found that I can actually kill people without even trying, versus decent healers, the above rotation probably wins games on its own when you're allowed to perform it.

I've been finding that even spamming MS is not standing up to DoTs/flay and MB on cooldown. Maybe its the way I've geared (too little haste?)

#90 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:34 PM

spriest is in a funny place right now because there is 0 consensus on how the class should be played and everyone is still trying different stuff.

shadow currently feels like playing an aggressive league of legends support class - your damage isnt great but its enough to help land a kill and your utility is really everything... thats why when you look at the ladder you see good spriests with completely different specs/gearing at high rating. it seems like no matter what stat prio or spec or glyphs i run i wind up doing about the same mediocre damage and win games with long cc chains, mass dispel, and shields/offheals.

i think the reason so many of us missed the mark and assumed rogue spriest would be amazing was because 5 orb with surge seemed so strong on paper. i thought that swapping on a target with no dots and doing dp -> mindblast -> dp -> 2x insant spike would be crazy burst because in mop we would kill someone in a kidney with 3 orb. damage tuning just seems shitty and the full 5 orb rotation hits for a bit more than 2 obliterates from a frost dk.
im currently full mastery/crit but planning to change it up to haste -> mastery -> crit.

#91 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 December 2014 - 06:29 AM

sup sps

what comps are you running and how is it working out? is godcomp really our only good comp, I tried it yesterday with a monk healer and we can't kill shit, every retferalhunterdkx was sitting on our mage while my pve rotation tickled them.

maybe insanity will kill them, gotta spec that shit next time

Edited by Knaittiz, 14 December 2014 - 06:34 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#92 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 14 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

sup sps

what comps are you running and how is it working out? is godcomp really our only good comp, I tried it yesterday with a monk healer and we can't kill shit, every retferalhunterdkx was sitting on our mage while my pve rotation tickled them.

maybe insanity will kill them, gotta spec that shit next time

nah, godcomp's simple and requires less thought than that, requirement before starting a kill sequence is 5 orbs on SP, 2 ice novas ready for the mage, Psychic Horror and Silence ready, Deep Freeze ready, Bash is optional ( depending how fast you kill the target ), but it usually lines up with 2 charges of Ice Nova, so.

CC Sequence : Horror on the kill target & Deep on Healer & Cyclone OR Fear on 2nd DPS -> Bash on the kill target & Polymorph on Healer -> Silence on the healer, use whatever resources you have left to either CC the healer and/or 2nd DPS from this point onwards, you can get creative at this point ( e.g. Cyclone the target you were killing to prevent healing until next set of DRs is up, etc ).

As for DPS sequence : Mind Blast - DP ( you've had 5 Orbs, after PH you have 2, now you have 3 ) - Mind Flay until 4pc set restores 1 more Orb -> DP -> MB, Mage on other hand blows 2 Ice Novas and whatever other damage he has ready

Just keep rinse&repeating, you can freely run all the other time when you can't kill anyone because frankly, as you've said, you don't do damage until targets are controlled.

#93 Squixx

Squixx
  • Members

Posted 14 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

hey guys,

I'm not pretending to be a god sp, but i do love this spec from a long time now and managed to get a decend xp.
I'm 2k8 / 2k9 xp and i started streaming again, i followed this thread with interest (wanted to reply earlier but couldnt find my old account info). I do agree sp aren't in the best shape atm but hey i play what i like and i don't intend rerolling to something else.
I saw somone was interested to watch at some sp actions, well thats all i'm streaming. I am Currently around 2k3cr as Godcomp.
here's my twitch if anyone is interested : the usual twitch url with /antsenn (can't post link with this account).

I'm not trying to advertise, but if i can help others regarding sp atm, i will !

Cya guys and keep faith =p

#94 Ethug

Ethug
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 16 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

If I attained two main set epic pieces, should I wear them and not get the 4p set bonus, or just not use the pieces I received??

Edited by Ethug, 16 December 2014 - 08:40 AM.

#95 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2170
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:55 PM

If I attained two main set epic pieces, should I wear them and not get the 4p set bonus, or just not use the pieces I received??

I'd rather play with a blue and the 4 set bonus than with an epic and no bonus.

Edited by Anboniwow, 16 December 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#96 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

4 piece bonus is too important. During burst sequence, 4 pc together with MB on cooldown translates into two extra Devouring Plagues, can't miss out on that really.

#97 thatsnotmylane

thatsnotmylane
  • Members

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

I might just be missing something but no one mentioned glyph of shadow word death. As a new priest, converted from melee classes, I've been prioritizing things that let me run around like a chicken with my head cut off while still doing damage. The more instants, the more mobility and mobility seems to be pretty important in pvp. I'm not crazy for thinking/doing this right?

#98 Nexxer

Nexxer
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Auchindoun
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/2/1/2/2/.
  • 2v2: 2149
  • 3v3: 2879

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

I might just be missing something but no one mentioned glyph of shadow word death. As a new priest, converted from melee classes, I've been prioritizing things that let me run around like a chicken with my head cut off while still doing damage. The more instants, the more mobility and mobility seems to be pretty important in pvp. I'm not crazy for thinking/doing this right?

One >20% death does more damage than the initial damage of pain, but I don't think it'd do enough damage throughout the game to be worth using it.

#99 Ethug

Ethug
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:42 AM

Stalked talbadar and apparently he bought the battlestaff...isn't mastery/crit better than haste/multistrike for us?

So confused. I don't want to think about stats, I just want to play the game lol

Edited by Ethug, 18 December 2014 - 07:57 AM.

#100 SartWoW

SartWoW
  • Members
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

Has anyone of you actually played DK/SP/x, Warr/SP/x or Ret/SP/x yet seriously and could give me any insight on either of the comps? Like, what healers would suit them best (and why), any additional tips on the playstyle, good killtargets, etc.

Thanks in advance :)

the sad part is I don't even fotm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<