#61 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

Going SP/Rogue/Holy Pala, we'll see from there.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#62 BluBlu

BluBlu
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 2302
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:26 AM

haste or crit?

i think i prefer haste but crit is supposedly better?

#63 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2170
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

However I look at it I can't see why Crit or Multistrike are some people's choice.
Crit is 150% damage instead of 200% and Multistrike has only one chance to proc in PvP.

Whereas Haste also reduce your GCD so your swaps with instant Mind Spikes and MB become that much better, plus you can SW:Death a bit faster now that the servers are more responsive too.

To me it looks it's either Haste>Mastery or Mastery>Haste followed by Versatility maybe...
Am I completely wrong or am I missing something?
Enlighten me pls.

#64 Araija

Araija
  • Members

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:52 PM

@Chewthefat : Yea you're right. If you do the maths, you get:

36 masteres: 1%
66 multistrike : 1%
100 haste: 1%
110 crit : 1%
130 poly : 1%

Furthermore, like you said, crit got nerf and with haste, we've got GCD reduction and thus faster orbs generation.

I would definitely go Haste> Mastery> Poly>>>>>>>> Crit> Multistrike

By the way, if you are the main focus and you lack of survability, then I would say Haste= Poly> Maîtrise >>>>>>>> Crit> Multistrike.

Ps: Sorry for the few mistakes I did, english is not my main language

#65 Anboniwow

Anboniwow
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/1
  • 2v2: 2170
  • 3v3: 2409
  • 5v5: 576
  • RBG: 1553

Posted 27 November 2014 - 08:15 PM

130 poly : 1%

What is Poly? :D

#66 Araija

Araija
  • Members

Posted 27 November 2014 - 09:32 PM

Oops, it means versatility :P

#67 Avalt

Avalt
  • Members

Posted 29 November 2014 - 09:03 AM

Wanted to ask about general gameplay of spriest when it comes to dotting. I haven't played shadow since cata. Should you always be trying to keep up full dots on all 3 members of the other team?

#68 JollyWon

JollyWon
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/2/1/.

Posted 01 December 2014 - 01:50 PM

After a long break, after reading this.. I'm caught up to speed. Nicely done. Rumor is you have a disc guide in the works.. I can't wait. Good luck and thank you.

#69 Kelberot

Kelberot
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/1/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1663
  • 3v3: 1992
  • 5v5: 959
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationRio de Janeiro

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:17 PM

People go crit because critting someone for 30k then adding a DP on their ass also works wonders for swaps, the reason it's weaker in PvP is because it would be too amazing if it was 200%. Plus it allows you to use mb glyph.
Posted Image

#70 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

Wanted to ask about general gameplay of spriest when it comes to dotting. I haven't played shadow since cata. Should you always be trying to keep up full dots on all 3 members of the other team?

We're currently single target DPSers. The BEST DPS rotation at the moment consists of Mind Blasting on cooldown, Mind Spiking otherwise, when you reach 5 orbs, put VT and SWP up, put DP up, Mindblast the target, do one Mind Flay, DP, Mind Flay until Devouring Plague expires, go back to Mindblasting+Mindspiking. Obviously nobody who is good will let you unload such a fucking insane damage combo on someone, and unless healer is CC'd the DoTs will get dispelled instantly and the DPS will interrupt you.

It's up to you to decide how you want to approach it, even with going the half-assed way ( just keeping VT SWP up and Mind Blasting on CD without doing anything else ) I found that I can actually kill people without even trying, versus decent healers, the above rotation probably wins games on its own when you're allowed to perform it.

After a long break, after reading this.. I'm caught up to speed. Nicely done. Rumor is you have a disc guide in the works.. I can't wait. Good luck and thank you.

Sorry man, I did indeed play Discipline in the past and even though I was pretty good at it, I was never really an expert on its theorycraft and practical application of new strategies. It'd be a insult to all those skilled Discs/Holies if I tresspassed into their territory.

People go crit because critting someone for 30k then adding a DP on their ass also works wonders for swaps, the reason it's weaker in PvP is because it would be too amazing if it was 200%. Plus it allows you to use mb glyph.

I've just recently got 100 and geared up ( had to level and gear up my warlock for pve first :D ), and even though I still deem mastery/haste the superior combo, it seems that there's so little of it available on convinient gear pieces. Seems we can't hit the sweet spot when it comes to gearing, but every

After I do the math and after season starts I'll update the guide reflecting the BiS stat choice, but you may as well be right, although I'm still skeptical. Even with pushing crit for every spot, we still end up at a very low amount of crit, which I don't think is much worth it.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#71 Ethug

Ethug
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:12 AM

We're currently single target DPSers. The BEST DPS rotation at the moment consists of Mind Blasting on cooldown, Mind Spiking otherwise, when you reach 5 orbs, put VT and SWP up, put DP up, Mindblast the target, do one Mind Flay, DP, Mind Flay until Devouring Plague expires, go back to Mindblasting+Mindspiking. Obviously nobody who is good will let you unload such a fucking insane damage combo on someone, and unless healer is CC'd the DoTs will get dispelled instantly and the DPS will interrupt you.

It's up to you to decide how you want to approach it, even with going the half-assed way ( just keeping VT SWP up and Mind Blasting on CD without doing anything else ) I found that I can actually kill people without even trying, versus decent healers, the above rotation probably wins games on its own when you're allowed to perform it.

Sorry man, I did indeed play Discipline in the past and even though I was pretty good at it, I was never really an expert on its theorycraft and practical application of new strategies. It'd be a insult to all those skilled Discs/Holies if I tresspassed into their territory.

I've just recently got 100 and geared up ( had to level and gear up my warlock for pve first :D ), and even though I still deem mastery/haste the superior combo, it seems that there's so little of it available on convinient gear pieces. Seems we can't hit the sweet spot when it comes to gearing, but every

After I do the math and after season starts I'll update the guide reflecting the BiS stat choice, but you may as well be right, although I'm still skeptical. Even with pushing crit for every spot, we still end up at a very low amount of crit, which I don't think is much worth it.

I honestly have no idea how people are actually just able to get mind spikes off against good teams. I've just been keeping dots on everything and I have CoP. I guess I can see how mindspikes might do more damage, but it honestly doesn't feel like it when you're just spamming mind spikes, you can only get like 1 or 2 off and then you're either ccd or locked and push back is so annoying.

#72 Swarmsyu

Swarmsyu
  • Junkies

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:20 AM

I honestly have no idea how people are actually just able to get mind spikes off against good teams. I've just been keeping dots on everything and I have CoP. I guess I can see how mindspikes might do more damage, but it honestly doesn't feel like it when you're just spamming mind spikes, you can only get like 1 or 2 off and then you're either ccd or locked and push back is so annoying.

why would you spam mind spike it removes your dots

#73 Ethug

Ethug
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Ner'zhul
  • Bloodlust
  • RBG: 2215

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:31 AM

why would you spam mind spike it removes your dots

dude... I know...everybody in this thread is suggesting it's better to NOT dot your main target at all and just mb/dp/mind spike...that sounds fucking ridiculous

#74 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:15 AM

In my post I've stated that nobody who is half decent will let you spam Spikes ( let alone perform your highest DPS combo ), and said that I'm just VTing SWPing MBing, DPing and MFing as fillers.

Nobody who is half decent will let you spam Mind Spikes, especially so after it becomes general knowledge to other classes on what we do to perform optimally.

#75 domzae

domzae
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Dath'Remar
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2119
  • 3v3: 2254
  • RBG: 1150
  • LocationPerth, Western Australia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:27 AM

How I've been finding success:

1. Play for spread pressure to begin with, get dots out, get MB's out on CD, try to hold on to your orbs and MS procs
2. Pick a target, let dots fall off that target
3. Unload DP/MB/instant MS into that target

The key is really to let SWP/VT fall off, that way your instant mind spikes hit for an additional 40% from CoP (not to mention the +50% from SoD and ~+50% from mastery). Also means that if get them to <20% health your SW:D is also hitting for an extra 40%.

The stupid thing about this is that everything is instant cast, you cannot be locked out, you don't have any big telling casts - your damage can seemingly come out of nowhere.

(obviously I didn't mention CC, that's a given depending on the situation)
Shadow.Protection.Enhance

#76 Theopt

Theopt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/0/0/./.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:04 PM

Can you add trinket choices? or should we stick with pvp ones?

Also after all this weeks pre-season, you're still going crit + mastery?

#77 Lexlutheran

Lexlutheran
  • Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Discipline 1/1/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 2051
  • 3v3: 1886
  • RBG: 1146

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:21 PM

The only thing I'm curious about is exactly how practical it is to use Surge of Darkness procs optimally. There's no guarantee you'll get three charges, and there's no guarantee that the buff will refresh itself as you're waiting for DoTs to fall off to output optimal damage on your kill target unless you hard swap. I guess when it's all said and done burning procs if they look like they're going to fall off is probably the best idea.
Posted Image

Heard they was sleepin' on me.

#78 zkype

zkype
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/2/2/1/0/2
  • RBG: 1781

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:42 PM

First day of the season, also first season as maining Spriest, played some 2's for cap with a feral and fell in love with PI, especially for offensive dispells!

All you non-humans, what trinket are you running with, proc or on-use? As 2x dps im running on-use macroed with PI, feels great!
crazier than a bag of fucking angel dust

#79 Theopt

Theopt
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Fury 0/2/1/0/0/./.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

recommended enchants comming up soon? : )

• Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Retribution 0/0/2/0/0/0/0
  • LocationCape Town, South Africa

Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:33 PM

Any chance of a stream lolflay? Might dust off either of my UD Priests on Stormscale or Nemesis.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<