Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:14 PM

Should maybe add that Mindbender/Shadowfiend benefit from Power Infusion when casted before using MB/SF, apart from that great guide!

presumably they don't snapshot now, since nothing else in the game does?

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#22 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:22 PM

Great guide Lolflay! <3
Here's some feedback.
First, is it possible to use Glyph of Restored Faith

to leap to your shadowfiend/friendsly totem/friendly mushroom etc.? Or is it just party/raid members?

And you should also mention the changes they made to how DoT's work:
Haste no longer has breakpoints for extra ticks but instead your DoT duration always remains the same and your ticks do more damage the more haste you get to the point where you have enough for an extra tick (still same damage overall). + We have a Pandemic window of 30% in which we can refresh a DoT to increase it's maximum duration.
And abilities no longer snap shot.

Everything that you can pull without the Glyph, you can pull yourself towards. ( I've casted a Shadowfiend on someone who was on the edge of Blade's Edge bridge and immediately pulled myself towards it ). Can also Leap to Warlock pets and stuff. Also, I've pulled a totem by accident on one occasion in the past ( :P ), so if they haven't fixed it since then, you can probably do that too. If it'll get fixed, I don't know. Probably.

I've thought about including the DoT part, but that's more of a general game mechanic, rather than a Shadow Priest exclusive thing, so I decided to leave that out - I kind of place it in the same boat as I place "why you shouldn't backpedal" philosophy. But seeing you wrote the post, I'll just link it in the main post :)

Do you think Shadow will stick with the MoP build of haste?

Or do you think primary stat will now be Mastery as paired with Spike procs, Blast procs and CoP (level 100 talent) that you'll be able to deal so much damage with instants while jumping about?

Or do you think crit will be more important now that intellect doesn't passively increase crit chance?

I really don't know. We have the same problem we've had on 90 - melees like to stick on us, ergo - acquire as much Haste as possible. The situation with Crit that you've mentioned is a valid point, too. However, cookie cutter will be Haste+Mastery - we've never relied too much on Crit in the past, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, unless they add some +crit modifier on a spell that'll make it worth it to go crit ( think Chaos Bolt crit passive magnitude ).

Haste reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast+faster globals+we get 10% more of it (5%Mastermind+5%Mind Quickening)
Plus more damage on DoTs but that's quite neglectable.
I'd say
Haste>Mastery - Clarity of Power
Haste>Crit - Auspicious Spirits
Just a guess though, I'll let other people work out the math XD

Correct, except the Auspicious Spirits part. I'm already drowning in Shadow Orbs on beta, I really don't see why we'd want to have any more of those. If anything, I wish they made Void Entropy viable over Auspicious Spirits.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#23 pewcommander

pewcommander
  • Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:08 PM

We'll have a pretty decent amount of crit in WoD

How much? @ full s16 PVP gear

#24 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

How much? @ full s16 PVP gear

I can't login on beta at the moment, but even though I didn't go directly for crit, I've had around 17% crit while in 660 mode of PvP gear ( I only had default crit from mainhand/offhand and from one piece of gear ). Those people who go for crit could easily shoot above 25% or more.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#25 Milanah_6538907

Milanah_6538907
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/0/0/0/2/2

Posted 02 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

presumably they don't snapshot now, since nothing else in the game does?

they do, I just tested it and i got about ~10 hits w/o PI and about 13-14 with PI

#26 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:26 AM

I think that pets actually still snapshot, I'll have to test it out.

#27 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 03 November 2014 - 12:45 AM

they do, I just tested it and i got about ~10 hits w/o PI and about 13-14 with PI

is that testing it by using the pet with pi already active and then cancelling the pi instantly before the pet hits the first time?

Edit: i'm just curious because it would be odd for spriest pets to still snapshot when everything else, eg mirror images, does not :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 03 November 2014 - 03:58 AM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#28 Milanah_6538907

Milanah_6538907
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 05 November 2014 - 01:33 PM

is that testing it by using the pet with pi already active and then cancelling the pi instantly before the pet hits the first time?

Edit: i'm just curious because it would be odd for spriest pets to still snapshot when everything else, eg mirror images, does not :)

Gotta correct my stuff, first of all Mindbender does 15 Hits already w/o anything, took Skada this time to count it since I somehow wasn't able to count :D

Will try with PI later, world server went down right before I could test it and now nobody can log back on -.-

Edited by Milanah_6538907, 05 November 2014 - 01:34 PM.

#29 tazmvp

tazmvp
  • Junkies

Posted 05 November 2014 - 02:06 PM

Dominate Mind is on the same DR as polymorph and freezing trap.

Not sure if you mentioned it before couldn't find it.

#30 Milanah_6538907

Milanah_6538907
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 05 November 2014 - 04:25 PM

Alright so I tested it now with PI, and i had 20 Hits from Mindbender on Dummy with PI up all the time. When i remove it right after I cast Mindbender he goes back to normal attack speed.

#31 notsoholy

notsoholy
  • Members

Posted 09 November 2014 - 12:34 PM

What about stat priority?

I've read 3 different orders such as..

Crit >= Haste > Mastery (from icy-veins)

Haste > Mastery > Crit (from spriest Milkz)

and

Mastery > Crit > Haste (from maxdps)

#32 Milanah_6538907

Milanah_6538907
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst

Posted 10 November 2014 - 03:56 PM

and

As stated above I think or in another thread already, we have enough crit from gear so we don't need to focus on that at all. Apart from that I'd say mastery is by far strongest stat dps-wise. Haste is always good on Shadow but I'm not sure if it's going to be as good as in MoP since we don't have to cast that much anymore now.

So I'd say Haste/Mastery >> Crit.

#33 BluBlu

BluBlu
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Restoration 0/1/0/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 2213
  • 3v3: 2209
  • 5v5: 2302
  • RBG: 2085

Posted 10 November 2014 - 04:01 PM

Maybe at the end of WoD haste will be really awesome but in honor gear at the start of the first season you won't have a lot of haste so it's better to go for as many mastery as possible for that plain % damage increase than for a few % of haste that won't matter a lot

#34 LeChuck_at_M0nk3y

LeChuck_at_M0nk3y
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:35 AM

Thanks for the guide!

#35 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:28 AM

and

As stated above I think or in another thread already, we have enough crit from gear so we don't need to focus on that at all. Apart from that I'd say mastery is by far strongest stat dps-wise. Haste is always good on Shadow but I'm not sure if it's going to be as good as in MoP since we don't have to cast that much anymore now.

So I'd say Haste/Mastery >> Crit.

Maybe at the end of WoD haste will be really awesome but in honor gear at the start of the first season you won't have a lot of haste so it's better to go for as many mastery as possible for that plain % damage increase than for a few % of haste that won't matter a lot

We'll have to wait 2 days and see. I preferred Mastery gear where I could, but Haste wasn't as bad - this is one of those things where it feels like it's all a personal preference, however a cookie cutter setup will always exist no matter how comfortable we are in a different set of gear/talents.

#36 Knaittiz

Knaittiz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Defias Brotherhood
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Affliction
  • 2v2: 574
  • 3v3: 3067
  • RBG: 1744
  • LocationFinland

Posted 14 November 2014 - 07:30 AM

Call me stupid but I wanna go Mastery > Crit > Haste. Everything seems to be instant now.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

BUY MY MIXTAPE

#37 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

Call me stupid but I wanna go Mastery > Crit > Haste. Everything seems to be instant now.

Indeed, Mastery>Crit seems to be the way.

#38 Esiwdeer

Esiwdeer
  • Reedwise
  • Junkies
  • Trollclass_name
  • US-Moon Guard
  • Emberstorm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 2/0/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 276
  • 3v3: 1704
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

dumb question, when could you shackle death knights & can you still in wod

#39 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:49 PM

dumb question, when could you shackle death knights & can you still in wod

When Death Knights used Lichborne, you could Shackle them, it was on Poly DR. It got removed in WoD because now Lichborne doesn't make you Undead anymore.

#40 angelownzz

angelownzz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 672
  • 3v3: 2081

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:35 PM

Do you think Shadow will stick with the MoP build of haste?

Or do you think primary stat will now be Mastery as paired with Spike procs, Blast procs and CoP (level 100 talent) that you'll be able to deal so much damage with instants while jumping about?

Or do you think crit will be more important now that intellect doesn't passively increase crit chance?

I played a bit of beta and I tried a few builds and IMO I found Int>Multistrike>crit>mastery to be the most fun.

I prioritized gear with multistrike over versatility and if none were available I'd go crit/mastery>Crit/haste>Mastery/Haste and the damage was unreal. But at the end of the day go with what feels comfortable to you.

Also thank you for making this guide and sharing tips/tricks. The leap of faith thing I never tried but it does sound amazing and I can't wait to try it out.

edit: i'm not the best spriest in the world but I do stream my own games to try and pick up on my mistakes and what not. Ill be doing plenty of arenas and if you want to pass by and take a peep at the stream once time comes ill post my twitch on here.

Edited by angelownzz, 14 November 2014 - 04:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<