• Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/1/2/2/0/1
  • 2v2: 1525
  • 3v3: 1802
  • RBG: 1843

Posted 31 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

Food for thought: Internal Bleeding does more damage over 12 seconds than a full Rupture over 24 seconds.

I think it might be a good choice if you play something like RLS.

#42 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:52 PM

I added some stuff to the opener section "Why don't you 5cp Rupture in the opener?" Due to an ingame mail from a player thir morning

If anyone has any sort of questions like these I can add my thoughts and such on them in the guide.

Thanks

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#43 Krigoz

Krigoz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1938
  • 3v3: 2889
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 05 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

Nice guide! :) + rep
Posted Image

#44 Critscream

Critscream
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Aman'Thul
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Survival 0/1/2/2/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 2435
  • 3v3: 2482
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 576

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:25 PM

Benefits of Daggers vs. Swords/maces etc? Obviously Backstab, but is it that huge at the moment / in WoD?

#45 trifezxoxo

trifezxoxo
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1666
  • 3v3: 3018

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:14 AM

i like this one <3

#46 LeChuck_at_M0nk3y

LeChuck_at_M0nk3y
  • Members

Posted 11 November 2014 - 08:57 AM

Thanks for the guide!

#47 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:51 AM

You forgot to add this opener ( Hemo and Cheap Shot glyphed ).

Premeditation -> Slice and Dice

Cheap Shot -> Hemorrhage -> Backstab -> Eviscerate ->
Shadow Dance ( /cancelaura Stealth, /cancelaura Subterfuge macro'd in it ) -> Cheap Shot -> Ambush -> Eviscerate ->
MfD -> Eviscerate

It yields by far the most damage, tradeoff against your own Hemo opener was that you didn't gain the KS energy back ( and instead blew 40 energy on a second Cheap Shot ), but you had 5 more CPs to work with for Eviscerate ( damage ).

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#48 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 November 2014 - 07:29 PM

It yields by far the most damage, tradeoff against your own Hemo opener was that you didn't gain the KS energy back ( and instead blew 40 energy on a second Cheap Shot ), but you had 5 more CPs to work with for Eviscerate ( damage ).

Yeh you're right I should add this but I'll give just add another section to openers as this sort of thing more situational I wouldn't call it it's own opener it's just something you can do if you feel you it'll force more or kill, the openers I've put are just the basic openers I'm not going to post every opener vs every class etc it's all way too situational

It's the sort of thing that's common for a rogue who's been taken out of stealth to do if you want to put out a ton of pressure instead of being put on the back foot (Just one example of a common time I'd use this)

@Goatsayshi I'll try and add that in WoD :)

#49 prokillur

prokillur
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Antonidas
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Protection ./././1/././.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:21 AM

that glyph combination won't be possible in wod cos we need glyph of energy

#50 Belor

Belor
  • Members
  • Worgenclass_name
  • EU-Neptulon
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Blood 0/2/2/1/././.

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:17 PM

This guide changed the way i look at rogues, you are amazing. Keep posting content like this pls <3

#51 Caikems

Caikems
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Darkspear
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 3v3: 1766
  • RBG: 957
  • LocationBakersfield, CA

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:13 PM

Whats stat priority in WoD? Multi or Mastery?
Buff Feral Druids Please.

#52 lstplace

lstplace
  • Members
  • Taurenclass_name
  • US-Shadowmoon
  • Vindication
  • Talents: Balance

Posted 21 November 2014 - 04:01 AM

Shadow Dance ( /cancelaura Stealth, /cancelaura Subterfuge macro'd in it ) -> Cheap Shot -> Ambush -> Eviscerate ->
MfD -> Eviscerate

can somebody explain why you dont ambush at the start and why you cancel stealth/subterfuge?

#53 Sorennic

Sorennic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/./2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2384
  • 3v3: 2592
  • 5v5: 1151
  • RBG: 1818

Posted 21 November 2014 - 05:34 AM

MfD -> Eviscerate

can somebody explain why you dont ambush at the start and why you cancel stealth/subterfuge?

Well, for starters that was one of the best ways to typically open as sub in MOP, and that hemo is when you are glyphed into hemo veins for Sanguinary Veins buff. Its not exactly the same anymore though with the current energy regens at the current haste with energy caps and new abilities/glyphs to prioritize. But to explain what he meant, was you hemo right after ur cheap shot ( with hemo glyph ) because it applies the extra dmg buff from sanguinary veins... You want that buff to be up before you ambush or backstab for the max dmg on it. He chooses backstab over ambush because of the energy cost compared to the expensive ambush, and the first ambush technically wouldnt be your main burst anyways, its for whats following after with the eviscerates COMBINED with the ambushes from dance plus the extra stun utility while in shadow dance mode. You want to save energy for the double eviscerates so they can be popped instantly off the globals.

You cancel the stealth/subterfuge if you still use the stealth bar.. However its not recommended since you should bind all of your stealth buttons off of the stealth bar so you dont have to worry about the delay from the bar swap. Does that answer your question?

#54 Mr Pink

Mr Pink
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Kargath
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 21 November 2014 - 08:13 AM

Well, for starters that was one of the best ways to typically open as sub in MOP, and that hemo is when you are glyphed into hemo veins for Sanguinary Veins buff. Its not exactly the same anymore though with the current energy regens at the current haste with energy caps and new abilities/glyphs to prioritize.

What are the best ways to open as sub in WOD considering current energy regens at the current haste with energy caps and new abilities/glyphs to prioritize (with/without hemo glyph)?

#55 Zayx

Zayx
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Grim Batol
  • Misery
  • Talents: Assassination 2/2/1/2/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 1829
  • 3v3: 576
  • LocationUK

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:29 AM

What do you think of Anticipation now we have the new 2pc bonus?

Should we pre feint for increased damage with the 4pc? How does the 4pc look for Mutilate could work well with Disappearance Glyph?

#56 Sorennic

Sorennic
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 1/./2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2384
  • 3v3: 2592
  • 5v5: 1151
  • RBG: 1818

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

What are the best ways to open as sub in WOD considering current energy regens at the current haste with energy caps and new abilities/glyphs to prioritize (with/without hemo glyph)?

To be honest man, im not really sure myself whats the very best opener for sub (cuz ive been loving assass recently).. what i was doing though before i switched over was Premed > SnD > (wait for energy regen if possible) Cheap Shot > Rupture(because swapped out hemo glyph with glyph of energy)> Ambush > MFD, Kidney(before cheap shot falls), and try to save the silence for my dance when i pool energy for it. some casters u want to open with garrote instead of cheap shot though so they cant wall or pop defensives right away, its hard because everythings situational, you're mainly going have to learn through trial and error and situational play. just try and be as fast as u can and think ahead one or 2 steps. Really just takes practice. for example on mages i typically just garrote > cheap shot > ambush > evisc > MFD > evisc right away. but again, ill say i think the openers have changed a bit since wod, i dont have the answers yet, but that opener def works for now atleast if ur not already trying to do things like that.

What do you think of Anticipation now we have the new 2pc bonus?

Should we pre feint for increased damage with the 4pc? How does the 4pc look for Mutilate could work well with Disappearance Glyph?

with the 4 piece bonus i was really upset at first with what blizzard did with it.. i fealt like it was a bit ridiculous to make people try to keep it up al the time. i havent tried it yet with the set bonus, but you have to remember versatility also reduces some dmg from players so i think they intended for it to add to the defensive aspect of it when you use it, not to necessarily spam for extra dmg, its just supposed to help you when ur getting trained hard and have to live through feint spam and they know ur dps will suffer when you do that, so maybe they wanted to help out with that a bit? (although i do think they could have done many better options to the set bonus, just trying to take it for what it is). itll just kill your energy for normal burst though if you tried to keep it up 100% of the time, id still use it sparingly for defensive.. but i could be wrong ya know.

i would still always take marked for death over anticipation because of the control you have over it and the things you can do with it is just too good imo

and the 4pc set bonus is just sick for assass, you can do burst things like pool energy before an envenom, vendetta > envenom for the crit, vanish > ( 4pc 5cp proc) envenom > MFD > envenom

Edited by Sorennic, 21 November 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#57 Snapx

Snapx

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:12 AM

You should maybe add Feint that generates a additionnal gcd in the opener.

Indeed, it gives 910 versatility for 5sec(4-set bonus), ie more than your on use trinket...
zzz

#58 trifezxoxo

trifezxoxo
  • Junkies
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Assassination 2/1/2/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1666
  • 3v3: 3018

Posted 22 November 2014 - 03:52 PM

rip rogues =(

#59 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 November 2014 - 12:13 AM

rip rogues =(

Uh rogues are extremely good right now imo, also sorry guys been pretty busy lately i'll try and get this updated sometime soon still new to everything myself though sucks that the new season isn't out yet hard to get proper thoughts queueing into skirmish retards.

#60 GhazzyTV

GhazzyTV
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Arathor
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Havoc 0/2/././././.
  • 2v2: 1237
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

@Jack
Skirmish spam til you hit a good team => contact them => Wargames.

Only way to get proper practise before ranked goes live atm.
I'm personally feeling rather confused seeing as i skipped entire MoP and started a new account for this. But so far WoD is just as good as the TBC expansion in my eyes.
Shamelessly advertising my Life:
http://www.twitch.tv/Ghazzy
http://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
http://www.twitter.com/GhazzyTV

Multi Glad Rogue during TBC/WotlK

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sub, Rogue, Guide, Learn, Justin Bieber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<