179 replies to this topic

• Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Subtlety 2/1/2/1/1/0
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

Quick and dirty, 10k iterations, helterskelter, 5-7 min fight, only warrior buffed;

Posted Image

Unless it was severely overvalued in stats I wouldn't take it, added to the fact that strength affects every attack you do and mastery only modifies a few abilities.
If the day does not require an AK; it is good.

#122 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

But the secondary stat trinkets give twice as much mastery than the str thinket.

it's a legit question, I prefer strength because you get a lot of mastery from enchants/ weapon proc while strength is kinda limited

(the more mastery you get the higher value str gets in comparison)
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#123 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Yep.
In a way, Mastery reminds me of ArP in s8 with the due difference that Mastery does not give all our damage a big up.

By the way I'm hoping for some hotfixes given the unneeded buff to combat since we're in the same singletarget situation. Or at least some enlightenments on 6.1.
On a second thought I really don't, I know more damage wouldn't make me feel better while playing Arms, or making me have any sort of relevant fun.

#124 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:12 PM

Arms is one of the top DPS specs in Highmaul thanks to cleave damage so you'd more likely see nerfs than buffs.

Realistically all you can expect before 6.1 are utility based number changes, none of which would make Arms any less clunky.

#125 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:22 PM

I know, I dread Execute nerfs. But I hope for some Whirlwind nerfs in order to them being able to give us power where needed, not on a multipurpose filler that makes the whole spec untouchable.

I keep dreaming that the current design is a placeholder and the real one gets pushed in 6.1 with the rest of the WoD content.
I so want TfB Overpower back :(

#126 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:29 PM

Arms is one of the top DPS specs in Highmaul thanks to cleave damage so you'd more likely see nerfs than buffs.

Realistically all you can expect before 6.1 are utility based number changes, none of which would make Arms any less clunky.

arms is good only in specific scenarios, i wouldn't bet a spec that's literally unusable in half the bosses is going to get nerfed

#127 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:59 PM

arms is good only in specific scenarios, i wouldn't bet a spec that's literally unusable in half the bosses is going to get nerfed

Did I say it's going to get nerfed? Pretty sure I said it's more likely for it to receive nerfs than it is for it to receive buffs which is totally reasonable considering it's doing very well on 5/7 of the current bosses.

Edited by Hidden, 06 January 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#128 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 07 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

no it's not

As far as pvp is concerned, if arms receives any changes it's going to be buffs. Cleave damage is a nice bonus but kind of worthless against people not playing cleave/not stacking up like morons. So arms brought in line with other specs-> lower cleave damage, a shitload more of single target damage

#129 Hidden

Hidden
  • Junkies
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents:

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:13 AM

no it's not

As far as pvp is concerned, if arms receives any changes it's going to be buffs. Cleave damage is a nice bonus but kind of worthless against people not playing cleave/not stacking up like morons. So arms brought in line with other specs-> lower cleave damage, a shitload more of single target damage

Blizzard has mentioned and proven often enough that they're fine with specs being better/worse in specific fights and just a day ago they've repeated that they're mainly balancing off of actual raid results (logs) and experience rather than simulations. Considering the fact that Arms is doing really well in the current raid tier and Warriors have a decent (Glad) and a strong (Fury) single target DPS spec for the few pure single target fights if they want to optimize for those, I don't see a single reason from Blizzard's perspective to change Arms' to have less cleave and more single target damage in general.

Considering PvE, it's really not hard to predict Blizzard's changes in advance. For Warriors they'll look at logs and see that there's some Warrior spec in the top third or so for every single mythic boss. Then they'll look at different specs and see that some fights favour Arms and some favour Fury. No reason to change anything for them unless Arms would top all AoE/cleave fights in which case they'd consider nerfing Arms' AoE/cleave similar to how they were/are considering nerfing Enhancement's AoE even though it's still one of the worse single target specs out there.

Having said that, I still wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard made some changes to Arms in 6.1 to address the wonky rotation where you're spending the majority of your rage pre-20% on an AoE spender with negligible damage and completely dropping the spec trademark skill (MS) in favour of execute spam post-20%.

Edit: I don't have the slightest clue how the new Blackrock raid looks like though. Obviously we might see (single target) buffs if Arms greatly underperforms in a bunch of fights there, possibly at the cost of some cleave damage (probably Sweeping Strikes).

Anyway, I don't think there's a lot of use in discussing this. I simply wouldn't expect any changes that would also affect PvE until 6.1, and if so, fairly insignificant ones.

Edited by Hidden, 08 January 2015 - 05:40 AM.

#130 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 10 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

6.1 will be in a month or so ? we'll know soon enough

#131 Tribadism

Tribadism
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1974
  • 3v3: 1506
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 957

Posted 17 January 2015 - 11:51 AM

Random side question
Is it just me or does intervene not have an out of range indicator on the icon/button?
I can never tell when I'm in range.

#132 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 17 January 2015 - 08:08 PM

If you target stuff, it does. It doesn't have it per se.
Don't know if the situation changes with the glyph tho.

#133 Tribadism

Tribadism
  • Members
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Jubei'Thos
  • Vengeance
  • Talents: Feral 2/0/2/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1974
  • 3v3: 1506
  • 5v5: 768
  • RBG: 957

Posted 19 January 2015 - 07:28 AM

No matter how far i am from a target, the icon never turns red.

#134 Solarth

Solarth
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Shattered Halls
  • Retaliation
  • Talents: Fury 1/0/0/2/2/2/0
  • 2v2: 941

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:34 AM

no it's not

A.) This is PvP site not PvE, so I would think that it should probably stick to that.
B.) With that being said you couldn't be more wrong as Arms currently holds the top spot on every mythic fight for warriors.

#135 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

A.) This is PvP site not PvE, so I would think that it should probably stick to that.
B.) With that being said you couldn't be more wrong as Arms currently holds the top spot on every mythic fight for warriors.

I believe I could be way more wrong because some time after the posts you're quoting, arms single target damage got significantly buffed

one could say im a fucking prophet

#136 Redd_Azuremyst_EU

Redd_Azuremyst_EU
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • EU-Azuremyst
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 1928
  • 3v3: 1513
  • RBG: 1310

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

No matter how far i am from a target, the icon never turns red.

Dude regardless of the range fact if your doing arena just make a macro to target your partner
as for the range most of the time when i use it im not looking at the fact of whether its red or not its more of a case of shit i need to get to my healer "leap, safegaurd"

#137 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:31 AM

Updated and verified my character so people can see enchants etc through guide, seems to have removed my premium junkies when I did so though, odd.

#138 HeyimJack

HeyimJack
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Darksorrow
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Combat 1/2/2/1/1/1/1
  • 2v2: 2220
  • 3v3: 2862
  • RBG: 2164
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Do I prio execute over anything the proc execute that is lets say I cs an enemy do I execute before using ms?

88c809889bca995b4fb7f643cda2eb4f.png

#139 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:46 AM

Do I prio execute over anything the proc execute that is lets say I cs an enemy do I execute before using ms?

No, you want to ms into Cs always, and keep your ms de buff up as much as possible. 20% execute prios over ms though

#140 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

I found myself sticking to a MS > SD priority above 20%, and Full Rage Execute > MS > SD under 20%.
Colossus is obviously a given, and you should not Rage starve yourself with Executes unless going for a kill. And even then MS is way more constant damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<