#41 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:11 AM

I just grabbed an executioner to try it out, are you sure about that all the time crit buff? It seems weird atm, the tooltip for the enchant says 60 crit but for me when it procs it's 120?

Executioner, when procced, grants +5% crit.
If you open the character sheet you're able to check it out yourself.

Then again in coordinated PvP a well timed burst sequence inside a Colossus makes Dancing Steel the clear winner.

#42 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 03 November 2014 - 02:53 AM

For Arms i'd just go mastery all the way. You main burst comes from CS into MS anyways. Crit loses like 50% of it's value in pvp. Mastery also increases your cleave burst through sweeping strikes. And since ss is exact 50% copied damage. It also takes the CS debuff into account.
I feel that sudden death is nice to play with. Sure it is rng. But that also makes your burst unpredictable. And if you have it up when cs comes of cd. It adds nicely to your burst.
It does way more dmg then slam or ww. And it doesn't eat your rage that can be used to extend your burst window. And saves up rage for if the actual execute comes into play.

I feel that slam is actually the worst of the three. You give up either extra rage or some powerful rng dmg for an ability that hits slightly harder then the filler you already have. (less if you take cleave into play.)
Actually if you do not take rage into play. (which should be saved up for cs in the first place.) Whirlwind does more burst untill you stack it up.

Both cost 60 rage in 3 globals. (The globals you can put into CS after MS) And pure weapon damage wise. Slam does 15068 vs 13380 from whirlwind. Just by looking to the tooltip without adding buffs. The first global does less damage. The second does a little tad more. Around 600 dmg. And finally the third around 2k more. Which sounds reasonable. If you are allowed to stack up slam each time.

So where else comes slam into play? I believe TFB pulls ahead of slam in the pressure department. Cause your allowed to whirlwind more often compared to benefitting from the stacked up slam.

Rlly slam only feels good if you really cant afford to break cc.

Edited by Pinka, 03 November 2014 - 02:55 AM.

Posted Image

#43 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:00 AM

Whenever I tried something other than the full crit + TfB setup I found myself wishing for rage.

#44 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 03 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

Made some changes / Updates. No one happens to know if the Korean Warrior going to blizzcon has a stream would they? Be it twitch or another service in Korea

Whenever I tried something other than the full crit + TfB setup I found myself wishing for rage.

​I agree. TFB seems like the best spec to go pureley for quality of life reasons more than the actual DPS gain.

#45 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 04 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

Whirlwind currently can't be used to kill totems / Druid mushrooms. It's classed as an AoE. Rogues too can feint giving them a constant shield wall to all whirlwind damage. Whirlind can be used when not in range and will waste your rage / damage. It will break nearly all CC's if in range too.

Struggling to see a arms being nearly as viable as prot w/o slam buffs.

#46 Powerslave

Powerslave
  • Premium Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Emeriss
  • Reckoning / Abrechnung
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/0/1/0/2/0
  • 2v2: 2032
  • 3v3: 2100
  • 5v5: 1900
  • RBG: 1797

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:20 AM

Struggling to see a arms being nearly as viable as prot w/o slam buffs.

good thing that's being taken care of !
Timeless guide to warrior : http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#47 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:22 AM

good thing that's being taken care of !

:c not like this, not like this :c

#48 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:31 AM

Well, as of now Glad is still the best choice.
Damage may be lacking, but it's still more reliable than Arms, more controlled burst, and twice the mobility (literally, 3 gapclosers against 6).

At least Arms is the hard hitter, except it really isn't.

#49 Huxleylol

Huxleylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

Damage may be lacking, but it's still more reliable than Arms, more controlled burst, and twice the mobility (literally, 3 gapclosers against 6).

the dmg is not lacking, i honestly feel like im doing the same damage as dks and ferals right now.

#50 Guizado

Guizado
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Aggra (Português)
  • Blackout
  • Talents: Discipline 2/0/1/1/1/1
  • RBG: 384

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:01 AM

Altough Glad is still the best choice, the real problem now is who the fuck is gonna bring a Gald to a 3's team when you can get a Hunter/Ret/Dk/Feral on the same spot doing more damage and having more utility.
Sure Glad is still the best choice but I dont foresee Glad being very good this season.

Edit: But ohh well ill reserve any real criticsm for after Season kicks in, im sceptical thats all.

Edited by Guizado, 26 November 2014 - 02:03 AM.

#51 Huxleylol

Huxleylol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Zuluhed
  • Stormstrike
  • Talents: Protection 1/0/0/1/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1877
  • 3v3: 1663

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

Altough Glad is still the best choice, the real problem now is who the fuck is gonna bring a Gald to a 3's team when you can get a Hunter/Ret/Dk/Feral on the same spot doing more damage and having more utility.
Sure Glad is still the best choice but I dont foresee Glad being very good this season.

Edit: But ohh well ill reserve any real criticsm for after Season kicks in, im sceptical thats all.

I've been doing skirms all night,which may or may not be a good representation of damage, and i feel like my damage as been comparable if not more than ferals/dk/hunter

#52 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:15 AM

Because of multipliers. Gladstance has a lot of +20%s here and there.
Still, Hunters and Ferals are on a league of their own. Maybe Ferals will get toned down by the hotfix.

I'd have liked to see Ret in the hotfixed list aswell, but what do I know after all.

Anyway, since this is the Arms thread, seems that going full Mastery for now is the best pressure we can put and the only way we can play-ish.
Hovering around 80% rating in PvP, tempted to buy the Mastery proc enchants from my dailies. And also, can't wait to throw some Temporal Crystals to have the runspeed ench on the cloak, I'm getting tired of running after things with no results at all.

EDIT:
I did it, I threw 15 Temps and 5 secrets into the mastery proc enchant.
It's a 500 or +7% mastery proc, seems decent on the dummy. Will test it on people as soon as I'll feel less stupid.
Should have bought the crit one >: damn kneejerk reaction.

EDIT 2:
I toyed with the enchant a little.
Uptime is really good, I'm getting some back to back procs sometimes and the difference is noticeable. Makes Sudden Death that much valuable as a talent.

Playing with the str proc makes it hard-ish to line up everything, but when it happens the damage is real.
Real to the point that sometimes it doesn't really matter how many escapes the target has, SD + Execute catches many offguard.

Edited by ~Invictus, 26 November 2014 - 08:52 AM.

#53 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

I still feel mastery is the way to go for arms. It is directly tied on your burst abilities. And if it crits it has more burst potential (higher crits) then critting more often. And above all. It doesn't suffer from reduced damage in pvp.
If something feels hard to kill but neither of the parties drop low there is always a lucky chance your SD will chain proc and still make short work.

I might sound stupid here. But in these few weeks i've already have had more fun and great solo pvp moments then i have had through whole Mop.
Sure solo play means nothing. And from stepping into the Glad sanc arena again today i felt i could deal a great ammount of damage. Then flop cause every hybrid has 1 or 2 resets. Counts for every warrior spec tbh. I have had my cool deal of 1v1/2s or even 3 moments in bg and Ashran.
Sure not always the best players. But it is just suprising how you can turn fights into your favour compared to mop where it was more about how hard you could livelord with second wind and how much slam was willing to chain crit.
Mostly due to being able to pick up Anger management. Having a good rage management (pop down a barrier when your about to ragecap and have no globals to spend, here you have a little stancedance) make shockwave/stormbolt and bladestorm feel like they are constantly ready.
Posted Image

#54 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:28 AM

I have yet to meet a class that when left unpeeled does more dmg than arms, both in terms of single and spread damage. The only real weakness is getting kited.

I feel like 10% haste is needed to have x2 mortals in one colossus (+better rage and faster globals), then crit, then multistrike, then mastery. I don't feel like mastery is good unless you can get absurd amounts of it through the enchants (and you can't). It doesn't boost rend or whites or whirlwind, which is more than 50% of your damage.

And don't forget kids - use rend when there is 5 second remaining on the debuff to proc the end damage early.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#55 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 27 November 2014 - 01:44 AM

I have yet to meet a class that when left unpeeled does more dmg than arms, both in terms of single and spread damage. The only real weakness is getting kited.

I feel like 10% haste is needed to have x2 mortals in one colossus (+better rage and faster globals), then crit, then multistrike, then mastery. I don't feel like mastery is good unless you can get absurd amounts of it through the enchants (and you can't). It doesn't boost rend or whites or whirlwind, which is more than 50% of your damage.

And don't forget kids - use rend when there is 5 second remaining on the debuff to proc the end damage early.

As arms I find myself dying, alot :c I don't see it being nearly as viable as nerfed prot, parry is not strong enough alone :c

#56 Braindance

Braindance
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/1/1/1/1/2
  • 2v2: 1638
  • 3v3: 2172
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:12 AM

As arms I find myself dying, alot :c I don't see it being nearly as viable as nerfed prot, parry is not strong enough alone :c

Arms is way tankier than prot with defensive stance. Vs melee perhaps you die faster cause of no block. Vs casters no.

The only major issue I have with arms is getting kited.

All 3 specs need better defensives.

Going to blizzcon looking for a fight is like going to the official wow arena forums for pvp advice :)

If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, bin Laden, and you, I would shoot you twice.

bro you got +rep'd by rapture... 

XECkfsj.png

Made by Regentlord

#57 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:00 AM

I really don't get why ppl think glad prot is tankier than arms. I mean it's a simple math. 20% damage reduction and 10% more heal with ms glyph vs no damage reduction.

Even when you compare dbts vs shield wall. It's 20% damage reduction from d-stance and another 30% damage reduction from dbts plus if you face the melee, you parry all their attacks so that's even less damage taken. Shield wall is just flat 40% damage reduction w/o parry.
Last stand is actually a better self defensive cd compared to rallying cry, yes. However rallying cry is better in team play.
I bet it's that much easier to global glad prot in stun than arms in d-stance.

Prot has shield block and could be a bit tankier vs melee but when you die in stuns when none of that actually matters, prot is squisher than any other spec.

if you find yourself dying too fast as arms, then perhaps you aren't making effective usage of d-stance.

#58 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:08 AM

I really don't get why ppl think glad prot is tankier than arms. I mean it's a simple math. 20% damage reduction and 10% more heal with ms glyph vs no damage reduction.

Even when you compare dbts vs shield wall. It's 20% damage reduction from d-stance and another 30% damage reduction from dbts plus if you face the melee, you parry all their attacks so that's even less damage taken. Shield wall is just flat 40% damage reduction w/o parry.
Last stand is actually a better self defensive cd compared to rallying cry, yes. However rallying cry is better in team play.
I bet it's that much easier to global glad prot in stun than arms in d-stance.

Prot has shield block and could be a bit tankier vs melee but when you die in stuns when none of that actually matters, prot is squisher than any other spec.

if you find yourself dying too fast as arms, then perhaps you aren't making effective usage of d-stance.

Shield Wall, Demo Shout, Enraged Regen, Shield Barrier, more armour, ability to block, more hp, last stand

I find myself in 3v3 dying alot quicker as arms, as prot I always have a button to press, and rage generators to use other defensives. As arms I feel like no matter how often I swap stances I'm dying faster and doing less damage.

I've died twice as prot so far in over 500+ skirm games played in preseason. I've died countless times as arms.

#59 irubuwrongtime

irubuwrongtime
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1511
  • 3v3: 2705

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:25 AM

Shield Wall, Demo Shout, Enraged Regen, Shield Barrier, more armour, ability to block, more hp, last stand

I find myself in 3v3 dying alot quicker as arms, as prot I always have a button to press, and rage generators to use other defensives. As arms I feel like no matter how often I swap stances I'm dying faster and doing less damage.

I've died twice as prot so far in over 500+ skirm games played in preseason. I've died countless times as arms.

I bet you it's more like ppl leave you alone because of all this misconception about you being prot. I've seen Revo intentionally going after prot war in 3s skirmish for above reasons I've mentioned. Don't get me wrong. Prot is pretty tanky still with the good usage of defensive cds you have listed. Enraged Regen and Shield Barrier however are class abilities and not entitled to prot only.
Shieldwall is worse than dbts as I have explained but demo shout, more armor, ability to block, more hp and last stand are all valid points.
Prot does have better survival in 2s w/o healer because of last stand, too. Block becomes shit tho when you are actually dying to casters or in a chain stun.

I myself have been playing prot extensively in WoD and I like it because of the more controlled burst, better mobility thru shield charge and flag intervene (which is bugged atm), and this is the bread and butter above all... shield slam dispel. Prot does have more utility spells such as demo shout and mocking banner, too which is good. But I don't play prot for its tankyness and that is a misconception coming from a lot of ppl. Even among fellow warrior players.

I see that you have mentioned preseason. Does this mean before the actual WoD launch when we were lvl 90? It's understandable why you think this way if that is the case.

Edited by irubuwrongtime, 27 November 2014 - 04:08 AM.

#60 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:03 AM

Gladstance is played because it's overall better and funnier. The gripe I have with Arms is, basically, how brainkilling it is to play outside of CSmash/ MS.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

<