Arms Warrior

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#21 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:08 PM

[quote name='Revolol' timestamp='1413996159' post='4239847']
You can take glyph of enraged speed off here considering arms no longer has any enrage mechanic. Zerker rage used to give 2 buffs; the immunity to Sap, fear, etc. and the enrage buff. Now it only provides the immunity, no physical damage buff OR any rage. For arms at least.
[/quote]

Changed. Added Glyph of Long Charge / Bull Rush. More to come post WoD launch. :)

#22 synxblaze

synxblaze
  • Junkies

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:27 AM

good guide :)

#23 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:43 AM

good guide :)

Thanks g :) x

#24 neronzito

neronzito
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Nemesis
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Arms 0/1/0/1/1/2/.
  • 2v2: 2202
  • 3v3: 2444
  • 5v5: 2284
  • RBG: 2166

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:25 AM

very nice guide.. good job ;)

test this glyph - [Glyph of Wind and Thunder] - i think should be a good glyph for us right now if u dont spec slam.

Edited by neronzito, 23 October 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#25 Nihe

Nihe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1338

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:40 AM

Tested it, the last tick of rend will tick for it's normal 1774 (non crit) and another 4500 (average). So it seems the best way to max rend damage is to let it fall off, allowing the final 6200 damage tick, then re-apply.

1774+4500=6.2k? Tested it multiple times on a raider's dummy only with a weapon on (no trinket/dancing steel procs etc.) and when you refresh it <5s, the last "burst" ticks instantly. It's correct to refresh it <5s, the PvE warriors who have made the guides on MMO-Champion basically know everything about this class, because of shit-tons of testing.
My results with Rend:
1. I let it fall off = ~1300 + ~500 ticks at the same time
2. I refresh it on 4s remaining = ~1300 + ~500 ticks at the same time

Edited by Nihe, 24 October 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#26 Oakenwynd

Oakenwynd
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Cenarius
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Protection 0/1/2/1/1/2

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

Wrong: DoT's are now Dynamic, they adjust immediately when you get a proc.

#27 Vinador

Vinador
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Stormrage
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Marksmanship 1/1/2/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 2092
  • 3v3: 2216
  • 5v5: 2005
  • RBG: 1342
  • LocationEngland

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:54 AM

Honestly I have a feeling [Taste for Blood] is one of the better talents in that tier. Especially when you're switching target a lot, obviously it allows you to generate rage even if you're having trouble sticking to your target.

Also in RBGs this is the go to talent, make sure you rend about 3-4 targets and then just sit there spamming whirlwind til you're essentially just blade storming all game. But tbh it's more about having rage generate while you can't reach priests and hunters with their retarded speed buffs etc.

#28 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:26 AM

TFB is naturally the talent to go if you want to push out more whirlwinds. Idd the talent to pick for when your on to do a lot of aoe pressure. Or if you want to gain some extra rage vs combos that might put you in def stance all game.

The Wind and Thunder glyph fits with it perfectly. And it also allows us to increase the range of the Thunder Clap slow. And even against single targets it allows us to do damage when rooted and being slightly out of melee range.

I wonder however. Does having sweeping strikes up increase the chance to proc Sudden Death? Since technically your auto attacks hit two targets.

About the Rend issue. Is this final tick added as a dot to the refreshed rend if you do it with 5 seconds left. Or is it wasted? I know it has been done above. But putting conclusions after calculations is a nice thing to consider.

Edited by Pinka, 24 October 2014 - 12:29 AM.

Posted Image

#29 skullmac

skullmac
  • Members

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:23 AM

Great guide, just one question. I'm kind of new to the warrior class and just curious: why gem crit with TFB? Slam I understand, but mastery just seems so strong across the board right now why wouldn't a warrior gem it for it in most situations?

#30 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:32 PM

Great guide, just one question. I'm kind of new to the warrior class and just curious: why gem crit with TFB? Slam I understand, but mastery just seems so strong across the board right now why wouldn't a warrior gem it for it in most situations?

Mastery does nothing for Whirlwind.
Priority could change after some more changes given the new batch of nerfs.

#31 Fakalock

Fakalock
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Demonology 0/2/0/1/0/0/0
  • 2v2: 950
  • 3v3: 2205
  • RBG: 1686
  • LocationGuthenburg, Sweden

Posted 30 October 2014 - 01:59 PM

Nice guide!

Love that you say positive thing about WLS :D One of the funnies lock comps there is imo!

#32 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 30 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Nice guide!

Love that you say positive thing about WLS :D One of the funnies lock comps there is imo!

#33 zeert1

zeert1
  • Members

Posted 30 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

When Rend falls off, it deals an extra 4500 damage along with it's normal 1774 tick. It is a damage increase to allow Rend to fall off and then reapply.

Wrong, refreshing rend at 5s or less time remaining still allows for the burst tick to occur. You should do some research before doing a guide, but still I appreciate the effort you have made, thank you!
Sources:
http:// www.icy-veins.com/wow/arms-warrior-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities
http:/ /www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1606529-6-0-Guide-Arms-The-10-second-master
http:/ /www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/7168-warrior-60-transition-guide/

#34 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 31 October 2014 - 07:05 PM

Tbh having to constantly reclip Rend is anything but a wishful thinking in a PvP scenario, you won't always have the uptime to do so.

Great guide anyway, I'd like to add that, being TfB in my opinion the superior choice in the tier since it allows you to go DStance without gimping you too much, you can play without the Bull Rush glyph and you should go Str > crit if you so choose to take it, to further strengthen Rend.
Your take on mastery for SD is a great point to make, and if you choose Slam, I'd go Str > haste until 10% to cram one more global inside the Colossus Smash, and crit from there.

My setup when playing TfB, if anyone cares, is
For gems
haste until 10% (sitting at 17% now due to laziness), then str + crit,
For glyphs
Unending Rage, Spell Reflection, Wind and Thunder

I'm constantly switching between Dancing Steel and Executioner: Executioner's flat +5% crit really makes or breaks stuff, it's not been downscaled yet and it's really pleasant to see back on my back.
I guess being enchanter really paid out now that profession bonuses aren't worth much.

I'd like to note however that Executioner as Fury is plain bad: in PvP you will most likely end up playing with Unquenchable Thirst, and with 30% crit (or so) from your gear + Bloodthirst's 30% native crit chance you don't really need anything more since you end up spamming your button until you're enraged, and 60%+ crit chance is more than enough per se, without taking Reck into account.
It's worth nothing here, but as Fury it's better to go haste until ~15% (smoother globals) and from there straight up Mastery.
Or just straight up Mastery if you can cope with it.

Back to Arms, the TfB setup is basically all I'm playing with since the stacking mechanics of Slam really itches me and can't be arsed to fight with avoidance more than I'm already doing.

#35 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:32 PM

I hadn't played post patch warrior, so we're supposed to let rend expire, for the damage at the end eh?

#36 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 02 November 2014 - 03:51 PM

I hadn't played post patch warrior, so we're supposed to let rend expire, for the damage at the end eh?

Rending in the last 5 seconds is supposed to generate the burst too but it doesn't seem to work every time, not to mention it would be very difficult to do in Arena.

#37 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:07 PM

Tbh having to constantly reclip Rend is anything but a wishful thinking in a PvP scenario, you won't always have the uptime to do so.

Great guide anyway, I'd like to add that, being TfB in my opinion the superior choice in the tier since it allows you to go DStance without gimping you too much, you can play without the Bull Rush glyph and you should go Str > crit if you so choose to take it, to further strengthen Rend.
Your take on mastery for SD is a great point to make, and if you choose Slam, I'd go Str > haste until 10% to cram one more global inside the Colossus Smash, and crit from there.

My setup when playing TfB, if anyone cares, is
For gems
haste until 10% (sitting at 17% now due to laziness), then str + crit,
For glyphs
Unending Rage, Spell Reflection, Wind and Thunder

I'm constantly switching between Dancing Steel and Executioner: Executioner's flat +5% crit really makes or breaks stuff, it's not been downscaled yet and it's really pleasant to see back on my back.
I guess being enchanter really paid out now that profession bonuses aren't worth much.

I'd like to note however that Executioner as Fury is plain bad: in PvP you will most likely end up playing with Unquenchable Thirst, and with 30% crit (or so) from your gear + Bloodthirst's 30% native crit chance you don't really need anything more since you end up spamming your button until you're enraged, and 60%+ crit chance is more than enough per se, without taking Reck into account.
It's worth nothing here, but as Fury it's better to go haste until ~15% (smoother globals) and from there straight up Mastery.
Or just straight up Mastery if you can cope with it.

Back to Arms, the TfB setup is basically all I'm playing with since the stacking mechanics of Slam really itches me and can't be arsed to fight with avoidance more than I'm already doing.

I just grabbed an executioner to try it out, are you sure about that all the time crit buff? It seems weird atm, the tooltip for the enchant says 60 crit but for me when it procs it's 120?

Rending in the last 5 seconds is supposed to generate the burst too but it doesn't seem to work every time, not to mention it would be very difficult to do in Arena.

Odd, it's very similar to soul reaper mechanic aside from that last 5 second thing then. Kind of neat I guess.

#38 reque33

reque33
  • Members

Posted 02 November 2014 - 04:59 PM

If it isn't working for you, you are likely refreshing it too early.
Remember if you are using any kind of timer for your abilities that only shows whole numbers (6, 5, 4; instead of 4.9, etc) that when your timer will display 5 for 5.9-5.0. Make sure you are refreshing at less than 5 seconds on the debuff, meaning 4 or less.

Can I have any proof about it not working? Logs would be really helpful. If you refresh rend within pandemic limits ( < 5) it will burst when you refresh rend. You might not see the burst if you have a scrolling battle text that has a spam filter (clumps dot ticks together).

#39 Krigoz

Krigoz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/1/1/0/2/1
  • 2v2: 1938
  • 3v3: 2889
  • RBG: 1721

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

Am i the only Warrior that is actually looking forward to playing prot?

Posted Image

Pic related; our lord and savior
Posted Image

#40 ~Invictus

~Invictus
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Crushridge
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents:

Posted 03 November 2014 - 01:10 AM

Am i the only Warrior that is actually looking forward to playing prot?

Posted Image

Pic related; our lord and savior

To be honest I don't enjoy prot, I find its concept stupid, its implementation a bane for our class and an unneeded added element of balance.
So I'll stick to Arms until I can't or until I can't take it anymore. Then I'll level my Monk or DK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<