179 replies to this topic

#1 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:41 AM

Posted Image
A guide to Arm's Warriors in 6.1.

Introduction

Hi, my names Dom/Flavour, I've been playing warrior since Late S14. I'm 2700 Exp so far in season 17, If you have any more questions feel free to message me ingame or on ArenaJunkies.

Ability Prune/Changes

Shield Wall
Disarm
Deep Wounds
Overpower
Disrupting Shout/Piercing Howl talents
Slam Changed
Can't have both Shockwave and Stormbolt
Safegaurd doesn't remove roots
Charge now only roots, not stuns
Shattering Throw is a glyph

New Abilities

5 rage Rend - Wounds the target causing (x) bleed damage over 18 seconds and a final burst of damage when effect expires.
20 rage Shield Barrier - Improves your defenses adsorbing (x) amount of damage, and up to 40 rage more. (requires Dstance)

Playstyle Changes

Battle Shout / Beserker rage do not generate rage, and won't ever be used in your rotation. Shout's now have no cooldown except GCD and last for 1 hour.

Alot of abilities in WoD change your stance for you. So keep an eye on that stance bar. Colossus Smash requires you to be in battle stance, it will change your stance even if you don't. I imagine in WoD alot of people will keep their eyes out for warriors using Col smash during their rotations, and the new Battle/Defence stance buff that is applied to kill Warriors 100/0 in stuns.

Right now you can use Taunt, too take you back into defensive stance, it is off global, off the stance change global and can be done whilst bladestorming. You need a target.

However some abilities don't, I.e Shield Barrier, which require you to change the stance manually to use it. Why? Blizzard, that's why.

Finally, although it's not Warrior based it's good to know healthstone's don't reset their CD unless you leave combat, if you're playing wls don't forget to leave combat for second to restart the cooldown.

Basic rotation

The Arm's basic rotation will differ on what talents you pick. Assuming you don't spec slam the standard rotation will be to;

Generate enough rage > Colossus Smash > Mortal Strike > Whirlwind (Or Slam)
Whilst keeping Rend (The new bleed similar to Deep Wounds) up at all times.

When Rend falls off, it deals an extra 4500 damage along with it's normal 1774 tick. It also applies extra damage in the last 5 seconds, so try to re-apply then for the extra damage.

Execute takes priority over any ability if in range. It is basically touch of death right now.

Gemming and Gear

Gemming and reforging has been removed in 6.0.

The best warrior off piece right now is Legs, of which the Vers/Mastery legs are the best, these are the DK ones (icon below), The Vers/Mastery belt is best too, and is the paladin one (icon below), and It might be better if you're going full mastery to play double cruelty rings. Until full gear WIld Combatant cruelty and Wld Gladiators cruelty rings are bis rings.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Enchants

neck: Gift of Mastery
Back: Gift of Mastery
Ring: Gift of Mastery
Weapon: Mark of Bleeding hollow

Proffesions

Since 6.0.2 proffesions have no stat bonus in Arena, and are not required.

Talents

Tier 1.

Posted Image

All three of these first tier talents are good in their own right, and make for a competitive tier. Personally I will be playing Juggernaut, which reduces the cooldown of Charge to 12 seconds, I feel this will alow me to get the most charges of in a game, and generate the most rage.

Double Time allows for charge to have x2 uses, each on a 20 separate second cooldown, however if used in under 12 seconds of each other, they generate no rage. I feel this tier is not worth using, as you can waste alot of rage generation, and be left without a charge for a long time.

Warbringer gives charge a stun effect, rather than a root, at the cost of a 20 second cooldown. Warbringer with blitz has been very useful for me this season vs. RMD and godcomps, as any other way to stop a cast or land a stun is substantial.

S17 edit; I've been playing Warbringer lots more, because this season you rarely face something without a mage, and even with msr charge stun is super useful for stopping deep sheep.

Tier 2.

Posted Image

Enraged Regeneration is the only competitive talent in the second tier. It is a base 10% HP heal, followed by a 5 second long HoT healing for 20% more of your base HP. It can also be used while stunned.

Tier 3.

Posted Image

This tier allows us to pick from 2 stuns, as the utility is required over Dragon Roar.

Personally I've been playing with Shockwave, as I feel it's fairly easy to land triple shockwaves, even on just pets, reducing the 40 second cooldown to 20, warranting it better use than Stormbolt.

However Stormbolt, which has a 30 second cooldown, and can be used from range is also very good, allowing you to stop casts, stun from a distance, and is 100% reliable. It has a downside of being the easiest to Meld ability in the game, though, and regularly bugs (not stunning) on abilities like Mind Control. Stormbolt is also very strong in the current meta, since resto druids are so strong.

I right now recommend stormbolt vs Rdruids, and shockwave vs Melee cleaves.

Tier 4.

Posted Image

The most hotly debated tier, this fourth tier will decide how warriors are played in 6.0.2.

Taste for Blood: Each time rend deals damage gain 3 Rage.

Sudden Death: Your auto attacks can proc a free execute. (10% chance)

Slam: Slam an opponent for 3,243 damage costing 10 rage, Each consecutive use increases damage dealt by 50%, and rage cost by 100%, stacks up to 2 times. (Slam is receiving a 40% damage buff in 6.1)

Slam and Whirlwind both got a 30% damage nerf in the most recent build. Slam already being a DPS loss basically became obsolete. Taste for blood is looking the best right now for the rage generation quality of life, and for the damage increase. Sudden deaths chance to proc an execute is so low, and auto attacks so few it's difficult to see it being viable until the gear levels rise.

Sudden death for arms and fury seems to be the best talent right now after the mastery buffs, with slam being buffed in 6.1 taste for blood is looking to be the worse of the tier. Tfb isn't bad, and has been played at 2800+ ratings, but requires you to get rends out which can sometimes be hard.

Tier 5.

Posted Image

Mass Spell reflection, replaces Spell Reflection Reflects all spells on you and party members within 20 yards for 5 seconds. Play vs. Casters. (and rmd) required v shatterplay

Safeguard. vs Melee cleaves. Safegaurd feels even stronger this season (S17) now damage is more important, burst is insane and the 20% damage reduction is required to live openers and swaps.

Vigilance could be good in some situations, I.e if you're rooted often and can't Safegaurd your teamate, but right now I've only seen it used when I played tsg into things like wls.

Tier 6.

Posted Image

Another competitive tier.

Avatar increases all damage dealt by 20% for 24 seconds. (in 6.1 Avatar will last 20 seconds, and have a reduced cool down of 1.5 mins, making it much better)

Bladestorm makes you un CC able and spin around dealing damage to anyone close to you.

If playing with Slam I prefer Avatar for that 3 minute burst window, If not, I recommend Bladestorm, it removes roots and allows for a burst window every minute.

As of 6.2 Bladestorm and Avatar both seem like very strong viable talents, with Bladestorm just teetering ontop due to it's use in stopping cc on yourself.

Tier 7.

Posted Image

The new WoD tier is very dissapointing.

Ravager is an AoE, and will not be viable in PvP.

Siegebreaker is an interesting stun, but replaces Fear, I've used it as Fury vs some comps, and I've seen it work in some comps, however I still believe AM is better.

The only talent I can see being used is Anger management which reduces the cooldown of our major cooldowns by 1 second every 30 rage used. You can reduce the cooldown of bladestorm to 45 seconds this way.

Glyphs

Glyph of Shattering Throw - Vs. Mages and Paladins.

Glyph of Mortal Strike - Whilst Mortal strike is active receive 10% more healing. (almost required vs every comp this season)

Glyph of Rude Interruption - Kicking a cast increases your damage by 6%. (very strong right now due to mages being so common in the meta)

Glyph of Heroic Leap - After leaping gain 70% speed increase for 3 seconds.

Glyph of Bull Rush - Increases rage generated from charge by 15 (good when playing juggernaut)

Glyph of Long Charge - Increases charge distance by 5 yards.

Glyph of Blitz - Your charge now roots an additional 2 targets (If played with blitz stuns over roots)

Glyph of Wind and Thunder - Increases the radius of whirlwind and thunderclap by 4 yards. (really good vs. druids)

A lot of Glyphs are now not useable with each other. Glyph of Death from Above has been nerfed so Leap only reaches 25 yards.

Macros

Reck -

#showtooltip Recklessness
/cast Avatar
/use 13
/cast Recklessness
/cast Bloodbath
/startattack

Stance -

#showtooltip
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Battle Stance

Intervene/Vigi/Safegaurd -

#showtooltip intervene
/cast [@name] Intervene

#showtooltip intervene
/cast [@other name] Intervene

/cast [@dps name] Vigilance

/cast [@healers name] Vigilance

(one for healer one for DPS)

Storm Bolt -

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Storm Bolt

(Can make Arena 1-3 Macros)

like so;

#showtooltip storm bolt
/cast [@arena1] storm bolt

Charge -

/cast charge
/cast hamstring
/cancelaura bladestorm

/cast [@focus] Charge

(Good to use to kick healers, or to stun with Warbringer)

#showtooltip
/cast [@focus] Charge
/cast [@focus] Pummel
/cancelaura Bladestorm

to charge and kick in one macro

Shield Barrier -

#showtooltip Shield Barrier
/cast Defensive Stance
/cast Shield Barrier

Taunt -

#showtooltip Taunt
/cast [@arena1] Taunt
/cast [@arena2] Taunt
/cast [@arena3] Taunt

Rally -

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast Rallying Cry

Fear -

/cast [@focus] Intimidating Shout

Pummel -

/cast [@focus] Pummel

Revo's cancel bladestorm macro -

#showtooltip
/cancelaura Bladestorm
/cast Pummel
--/s Kick Used

Errors / Red bars Scripts -

#showtooltip Every man for himself
/script UIErrorsFrame:Hide()
/run MainMenuBarLeftEndCap:Hide();MainMenuBarRightEndCap:Hide()

/run local f=CreateFrame("Frame") f:RegisterEvent("LOSS_OF_CONTROL_ADDED") f:RegisterEvent("LOSS_OF_CONTROL_UPDATE") f:SetScript("OnEvent",function() for b in pairs(ActionBarActionEventsFrame.frames) do b.cooldown:SetLossOfControlCooldown(0,0) end end)

Warrior comps

Thundercleave - Warrior Ele Druid/Priest/Mwmonk - Relying on good swaps during stuns from the Warrior/ele has exceptional Utility in tremor, Hex, Fear, clone. Good CC, DPS dispels/purge. Thundercleave is very weak in s17.

WLS - Warrior Lock Shaman - A spread pressure comp, with the strength of Warlocks and melee caster healer I can only see this comp going from strength to strength. Right now WLS is very strong, rend and dot pressure forces most comps defensive, and the only weakness is the Rsham. WLP with a paladin is also good.

KFC - Warrior Hunter Shaman - Looking alot weaker than in S14/15/16 KFC will still be a good warrior comp, but both dps and healer can easily die with one bad sac. Good offensive purge and brilliant CC in trap, Wyvern, hex, fear. KFC has been good as fury in Season 16, and with arms, as both BM and SV, however more commonly played with a rdruid.

WMD - Warrior Mage Druid - Predicting this to be the best warrior comp with just how good mages are, warriors will be lucky to get a spot replacing a rogue however. Amazing constant and burst pressure with a plethora of non DRing CC. Super strong in s17, however only as fury.

TSG - Warrior DK Paladin/mw - TSG is looking it's strongest in a long time. The new WoD meta of less CC, no disarms has birthed a brilliant environment for massive damage small CC comps like TSG to run rampant. Paladins being finally on par with it's rival healers means this comp could flop many unsuspecting teams with unhealable damage.

Kittycleave - Warrior Feral Paladin/Priest - Kittycleave is also looking very strong. Ferals have some of the best burst in the game. It is an exceptional comp for killing resto shamans and other healers, ferals have a defensive dispel for hex's.

Turbo - Warrior Enhance shaman / Rdruid Mwmonk - Very strong in 6.2 with the power of offensive dispel, Turbo with a hpala has topped the ladders, since the meta revolves around dispels and shatter, and what can beat them.

Warrior Streams

http://www.twitch.tv/trillebartom - 3k multi rank 1 warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/revocutie - 3k r1 warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/easycharge - r1 eu war this season
http://www.twitch.tv/joefernandes123 - r1 warrior
http://www.twitch.tv/smexxin - r1 us war
http://www.twitch.tv/deadheater - deathrund r1 warrior

Other Guides

http://www.arenajunk...or-new-players/ - Keybinding

(other macros, like changing whirlwind into slam animation via tmorph)

.spell 1680 1464

Edited by Zzx, 11 August 2015 - 09:18 AM.

#2 Xinowl

Xinowl
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmane
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 2088
  • 3v3: 2404
  • RBG: 1746

Posted 21 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

I smell the return of WLD.. CCS does not DR with eachother - and the spread pressure + a Warrior will most likely be excellent with the slower paced game.

But that's just my guess..

#3 glonglon

glonglon
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Retribution 1/0/0/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1905
  • 3v3: 1990

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:18 PM

Very nice guide, learned a lot about warriors, thank you :)

From my ret PoV during prepatch, I thought war would be OP but for now it's a joke, maybe except Fury ?

Maybe I faced only bad warriors but for now I don't feel dmg from them at all.

Maybe at lvl 100 war will be OP again, dunno I don't play beta...

2928d50b7e413a8ddaf370ee54429eb5.png

#4 Clamnesia

Clamnesia
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Fenris
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Discipline 0/1/1/0/1/0/2
  • 2v2: 1373
  • 3v3: 384
  • LocationUS

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:55 PM

nicely done! Only problem is that Rend isnt new... It was brought back. (just knit picking cause the rest was done well. haha)

Edited by Clamnesia, 21 October 2014 - 02:55 PM.

Ya know, i was born in west philadelphia. I spent most of my days on the play ground. Usually i just be chillin, relaxin, trying to act cool by shooting some b-ball at school. But on this one, terrible, dreary, horrid day, a couple of guys that were certainly up to no good starting making trouble.. I was the first one of course to step up and fight them back. Because of this, my mom got scared and made me move in with my aunt and uncle in bel-air.

#5 erskjans

erskjans
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Fury 0/0/1/0/0/2/2
  • 2v2: 1367
  • 3v3: 1533
  • RBG: 1855

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:14 PM

A pretty good guid, a few things tho:
I'm pretty sure that Glyph of Death from Above decresses the range on HL with 15y and makeing it 25yards and not makeing it 15yards.

You can remove skull Banner from your burst macro since it is removed from the game an integrated to rec.

Veevs MS macro isn't good anymore since Taunt puts you in Dstance. So if you don't have it on a Another keybinfd then your regular MS it's pretty bad to have.

#6 Xeek

Xeek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1540
  • 3v3: 1677
  • RBG: 1136

Posted 21 October 2014 - 03:27 PM

Playing Sudden Death (Execute Procs) Will mean you gem full mastery.
Playing Slam or Unquenchable Thirst will mean you gem full crit.

Unquenchable Thirst is a fury only Talent, you probably meant Taste for Blood

#7 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:11 PM

Very nice guide Flavour, especially informative to clear up any misconceptions about the new builds.

Thanks
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#8 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:59 PM

I smell the return of WLD.. CCS does not DR with eachother - and the spread pressure + a Warrior will most likely be excellent with the slower paced game.

But that's just my guess..

WLD has no offensive purge though? Fear / Cyclone DR

Tldr tab rend

Scarily true friend :(

Unquenchable Thirst is a fury only Talent, you probably meant Taste for Blood

Fixed :)

Edited by Zzx, 21 October 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#9 Vanguards

Vanguards
  • Administrators
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Retribution 0/1/0/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 96
  • 3v3: 2292

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

Awesome! Stickied, and Premium Junkies given.
http://twitch.tv/VanguardsTV- Stream (Follow to know when I'm live!)
http://twitter.com/VanguardsTV- Twitter
http://facebook.com/Samk920 - Facebook

http://youtube.com/SamK920 - YouTube Videos

#10 Xeek

Xeek
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Aegwynn
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Arms 2/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 1540
  • 3v3: 1677
  • RBG: 1136

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:08 PM

Glyph of Enraged Speed should also be removed since Arms Warrios don't Enrage anymore.

#11 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

Glyph of Enraged Speed should also be removed since Arms Warrios don't Enrage anymore.

Beserker Rage :)

#12 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

Awesome! Stickied, and Premium Junkies given.

#13 Messman

Messman
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Hellscream
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Protection 0/0/1/1/0/1/2
  • 2v2: 1682
  • 3v3: 1639
  • 5v5: 1625
  • RBG: 1720

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:45 PM

warriors are op as hell

Is he trolling? I don't know it's hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic online.

#14 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2014 - 06:47 PM

A pretty good guid, a few things tho:
I'm pretty sure that Glyph of Death from Above decresses the range on HL with 15y and makeing it 25yards and not makeing it 15yards.

You can remove skull Banner from your burst macro since it is removed from the game an integrated to rec.

Veevs MS macro isn't good anymore since Taunt puts you in Dstance. So if you don't have it on a Another keybinfd then your regular MS it's pretty bad to have.

Changed yards / Macro.

Veev's ms macro is fine for tauting pets, which is it's use. It's not a replacement for ms now, though, yes.

nicely done! Only problem is that Rend isnt new... It was brought back. (just knit picking cause the rest was done well. haha)

I wasn't aware haha, my bad :)

#15 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 22 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

Changed yards / Macro.

Veev's ms macro is fine for tauting pets, which is it's use. It's not a replacement for ms now, though, yes.

Holy shit ur my hero. That was the macro that constantly swapped me to defensive stance. When i played skirmishes. I was aware it was some macro. But when facing no pets it actually doesn't taunt. Searched through everything. Just to notice now it was the taunt macro all along. DERP!

Edited by Pinka, 22 October 2014 - 09:38 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Nihe

Nihe
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Outland
  • Misery
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 959
  • 3v3: 2330
  • RBG: 1338

Posted 22 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

"Rend now has a burst tick at the end of the debuff that is significantly stronger than the others. Because of this, it is important not to refresh Rend early and miss that extra damage, likewise Rend loses a lot of effectiveness against targets that will not survive the full duration of the debuff.
However, the player is helped by a DoT rolling mechanic, where a dot can be refreshed when 5 seconds are remaining, extending the duration of the new debuff and still causing its final ticks.
This means you can refresh Rend when <5s are remaining and the old Rend will still "burst" when the debuff was initially supposed to expire, and then go right into its next cycle.
TL;DR refresh rend with <5s remaining on the debuff." Took this from MMO-Champion.

#17 Pinka

Pinka
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Arms 0/0/1/1/0/2/0
  • RBG: 2130

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

When we become a higher lvl rend will become more important because of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=174737
Indirectly making our rend scale with haste.

Edited by Pinka, 22 October 2014 - 01:12 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Daangouka

Daangouka
  • Members

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:24 PM

"Rend now has a burst tick at the end of the debuff that is significantly stronger than the others. Because of this, it is important not to refresh Rend early and miss that extra damage, likewise Rend loses a lot of effectiveness against targets that will not survive the full duration of the debuff.
However, the player is helped by a DoT rolling mechanic, where a dot can be refreshed when 5 seconds are remaining, extending the duration of the new debuff and still causing its final ticks.
This means you can refresh Rend when <5s are remaining and the old Rend will still "burst" when the debuff was initially supposed to expire, and then go right into its next cycle.
TL;DR refresh rend with <5s remaining on the debuff." Took this from MMO-Champion.

Did you try it? Cuz it doesn't seem to work when I do it :/

#19 Zzx

Zzx
  • Junkies

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:41 PM

Tested it, the last tick of rend will tick for it's normal 1774 (non crit) and another 4500 (average). So it seems the best way to max rend damage is to let it fall off, allowing the final 6200 damage tick, then re-apply.

#20 Revolol

Revolol
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Stormrage
  • Ruin
  • Talents: Arms 1/0/2/2/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1722
  • 3v3: 2974
  • 5v5: 1518
  • RBG: 1863

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:42 PM

You can take glyph of enraged speed off here considering arms no longer has any enrage mechanic. Zerker rage used to give 2 buffs; the immunity to Sap, fear, etc. and the enrage buff. Now it only provides the immunity, no physical damage buff OR any rage. For arms at least.

Edited by Revolol, 22 October 2014 - 04:47 PM.

twitch.tv/revocutie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<