Arena Junkies was shut down on July 1st, 2018. You're viewing an archive of this page from 2018-06-25 at 18:03. Thank you all for your support! Please get in touch via the Curse help desk if you need any support using this archive.

Photo

Shadow lvl 100 Talents

Shadow Talents lvl 100

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LorenJaffrey

LorenJaffrey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm
  • Talents: Holy 0/0/2/2/1/2/2

Posted 17 October 2014 - 10:14 AM

Hi all,

how do you think the shadow lvl 100 talents will perform in arenas/BGs?

What synergies do you see with the lvl 45 and 75 talents?

I personally love the possibilities these 3 talent tiers give you as a shadow priest to alter your playstyle.

It seems that Auspicious Spirits could be very strong with both Insanity or Surge of Darkness and also work well with Shadowy Insight.

Clarity of Power seems to cut the most advantages of Surge of Darkness and Shadowy Insight, but i can't estimate how much it is compensated by the increased damageof some of those spells.
i could imagine it might be pretty good when fighting multiple targets when you can dot all targets except your main target and benefit from your dot procs by using them on your main target.

#2 Spotlight

Spotlight
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2/0
  • 3v3: 1462

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:53 PM

You can go Insantiy to use your MindSpike to clear your Dots on your main Target + do tons of dmg with your instantiy. What do you think about that?

#3 shadmasterxx

shadmasterxx
  • Members

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:33 PM

i like that idea ^
but tbf i expect the cookie cutter build to be

Auspicious Spirits could be very strong with both Insanity or Surge of Darkness and also work well with Shadowy Insight.

#4 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad
  • Talents: Discipline

Posted 21 October 2014 - 01:14 AM

Forget PvPing without Clarity of Power, it's just way too good to pass out on.

[13:49:14] Creed: u have 20min to find a healer, going for a jog
[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout
[13:50:01] Creed: you europeans and ur silly gyms

#5 Trivial

Trivial
  • Junkies

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:02 PM

Forget PvPing without Clarity of Power, it's just way too good to pass out on.

I second this, played a lot on beta and CoP was a great quality of life improvement. Just being able to always cast instant MBs and the lower cooldown made it really enjoyable.
The burst potential was really good with 5 Orbs into DP -> Insanity -> MB -> DP -> Insanity on a target without VT/SW:P. You can also use PI + Shadowfiend before that to destroy everything

#6 Disperse22

Disperse22
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/1/0/0/1/0
  • 2v2: 96
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 October 2014 - 02:10 PM

I second this, played a lot on beta and CoP was a great quality of life improvement. Just being able to always cast instant MBs and the lower cooldown made it really enjoyable.
The burst potential was really good with 5 Orbs into DP -> Insanity -> MB -> DP -> Insanity on a target without VT/SW:P. You can also use PI + Shadowfiend before that to destroy everything

You sure insanity is worth it in arena?

#7 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 21 October 2014 - 04:38 PM

You sure insanity is worth it in arena?

It's not. Too many things can make you waste it, ranging from having to dispel a shield to having to reapply DoT before continuing the burst sequence.

With that said, these are all the choices I've tried :

Insanity-Power Infusion-Clarity of Power

Surge of Darkness-Shadowy Insight-Clarity of Power

Mindbender-Shadowy Insight-Clarity of Power

and out of three, Mindbender variant seemed the most solid. You already have insane on demand damage from CoP, and with MB resets, you're almost always guaranteed to have a spell to cast. With that said, bursting with Mindbender seemed very decent as it was a fire and forget alternative to being pitted in using globals on Mind Spike procs, as opposed to doing something else. People have a lot more time to react to stuff in WoD, and reacting to stuff is actually beneficial as opposed to MoP playstyle where you just ignored shit and played like a monkey ( because you simply had to ).

I don't know, Insanity+Power Infusion might be viable if you play with really heavy peeler classes ( and versus comps which can't stop your Insanity procs ) , otherwise I'd opt for the instant on demand damage spec.

Edited by Lolflay, 21 October 2014 - 04:39 PM.

[13:49:53] Creed: nothing like running through the bush being chased by wild animals to get a proper workout

#8 LorenJaffrey

LorenJaffrey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

I can't image Clarity of Power being such a big deal in terms of Damage. Sure the instant cast mind blasts with 3 sec lower CD sounds pretty strong but the 40% increased damage on rarely used spells (Mind Spike, Mind Sear and SW: Death) don't seem to do much when compared to the constant supply with shadow orbs from Auspicious Spirits and therefor more Horrors and DPs.

For sustained High Damage i would place my bet on Auspicious Spirits, Shadowy Insight, Insanity(or Surge of Darkness). This provides you with a constant support of Orbs while also producing good healing via DP.

As stated above this is only theoretically as i haven' played Beta yet.

Do you guys think the talent choice affects stat priority?

#9 Lolflay

Lolflay
  • Premium Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Kor'gall
  • Cruelty / Crueldad

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:39 PM

I've played beta extensively, Auspicious Spirits is the worst talent in PvP, and falls behind Clarity of Power in PvE.

Having one less cast to worry about and a really steady orb generation thanks to it is something that you honestly can't pass out on.

Your idea might seem revolutionary to you, but I'm not convinced from what I've seen.

#10 Spotlight

Spotlight
  • Members
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Frostmourne
  • Blutdurst
  • Talents: Shadow 0/1/2/1/2/2/0
  • 3v3: 1462

Posted 22 October 2014 - 07:52 PM

With that said, these are all the choices I've tried :

Insanity-Power Infusion-Clarity of Power

Surge of Darkness-Shadowy Insight-Clarity of Power

Mindbender-Shadowy Insight-Clarity of Power

and out of three, Mindbender variant seemed the most solid. Y

Why not:
Mindbender - Power Infusion - CoP?

Is Shadowy Insight really worth it? I mean you can MB every 2s anyways. Is the 5% procc chance for another MB in those 2secs really worth vs a solid 2min burst cooldown?

And how much dmg does Mindbender do? I feel like some Mindspike proccs could be pretty awesome aswell... even if you "have to waste one global".

greez

#11 Seu

Seu
  • Junkies
  • Night Elfclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:31 AM

but the 40% increased damage on rarely used spells (Mind Spike, Mind Sear and SW: Death)

unless playstyle is completely upside down mindspike is one of the most important spriest spells still

if you find you mindspike rarely then you either have bad vt uptime or arent using all your globals. with fdcl last season i thought mindspike damage was imba because I would randomly get cooldowns out of enemy teams just brainlessly using spike procs on players waiting for my partners burst cds to come up, extra 40% seems insane but for me its impossible to say.

i think level 100 talents are gonna be in heavy rotation for me as we seem to have a lot of playstyle options and different comps will require different play. for example, shadowplay is supposedly strong and with that comp you would 100% want to run clarity of power because you will have huge dot uptime and just want on demand burst to randomly smash whoever doesnt have cooldowns or is low... on the other hand if you are running rpd then glyph of mind harvest seems insane with insanity spec...

heres to hoping for a versatile shadow spec in wod :)

#12 LorenJaffrey

LorenJaffrey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:58 AM

As i said this is purely theoretical from my side.

but the 40% increased damage on rarely used spells (Mind Spike, Mind Sear and SW: Death)

i didn't want to say that i am using them rarely NOW but probably with CoP. SW: Death only works below a certain health treshhold which (considered the enemy has healers) will occur much less than mindblast for example.
Mind Sear is only valuable with many opponents (larger BGs) and Mind Spike depends heavily on Surge of Darkness and thus on VT which i doubt will be be strongest combination to CoP (especially on smaller fights) because you will have at least one less target and use mind spike mainly to clean your DOTs off a target to profit from the 40% damage increase.

#13 Kushes

Kushes
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/1
  • 2v2: 2005
  • 3v3: 2420
  • 5v5: 2127
  • RBG: 1150

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:36 AM

Do u guys think we should still take MB proc talent with clarity of power? that seems kind of overkill. I really like power infusion now that it's 25% haste and affects shadow fiend

#14 LorenJaffrey

LorenJaffrey
  • Members
  • Blood Elfclass_name
  • EU-Blackmoore
  • Glutsturm / Emberstorm

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:46 AM

Ok so it seems that CoP is the defining PvP talent for shadow priests. Right now i'm playing SoD and Shadowy Insight. When i hit 100 i will be probably switching to Power Infusion with CoP.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shadow, Talents, lvl 100

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users