• Members
  • Dwarfclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Unholy 2/0/2/1/1/0/1
  • 2v2: 1786
  • RBG: 1923

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

Everytime someone suggest using plague leech, i try using it, and then never ever ever find myself in need of those runes; and so i never end up using it

however, i do keep my dots up, because it is good for my health

Yeah the only real time I could think of it being useful are when you are out of runes and want to Soul Reaper someone and you've got diseases on an unimportant target that you can leech. But you should already have Blood Tap for that anyways.

#42 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn
  • Talents: Fire

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:39 PM

I switched to Plaguebearer and it feels a lot better. Plague Leech is a bit clunky and distracting. Since Outbreak has more than double the cooldown, Plague Leech seems to force Plague Strike into the rotation, when Unholy runes seem better spent on Obliterate / Death Strike in most situations (correct me if I'm wrong).

Blood Tap on the other hand feels completely natural. It's always pretty obvious when you should use it. I can't imagine using another talent in that tier.

#43 Phildk

Phildk
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Lightbringer
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/1/0/0
  • 2v2: 1750
  • 3v3: 2559
  • 5v5: 2294
  • RBG: 2512

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:10 PM

-Death Siphon has been pretty good for a while no one had bothered using it / testing it but with the removal of this filthy ability (necrotic strike) it's a lot easier to see it work considering there's no more death only rune ability other than that one.Death pact is shit, Conversion is shit, therefore death siphon is the best.

-Plague bearer is literally useless since people actually dispel diseases,
-Plague leach just gives you way too many runes to play with seeing has you don't have 100% connect on targets, rune will regen and you don't need it IMO.
-Unholy blight is just another AOE outbreak that lets pad.

BP RE RC? this argument has been out there since forever, literally they're all so close, just comes down to a preference choice. Ive always been a fan of BT but since the patch came out I've been rolling with RC and I literally don't see a difference, I don't have down time at all. More testing to do? sure people need to try more than one option instead of copying everyone (kthx)

100th talent seems meh, If I wanted to be more defensive vs melee I'd probably pick defile I feel like it's good for peeling, (not the dmg portion we already have enough of that) 10% dmg reduction if a melees are training your healing is pretty nice.
-Breath versus casters IMO since it has a little range on it and it heals you from SP taken.
-Necrotic plague feels wrong seeing has I've always seem blood plague and frost fever up and If i don't see one I know something is wrong (it might actually be good)

Edited by Phildk, 29 October 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#44 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

Interesting video on the potential power of Necrotic Plague:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj3vY2Zq20k

Necrotic Plague seems like a great choice for Frost. Since your diseases are gimped anyway, you don't lose much (if anything) in exchange for runic power generation, dispel protection, and probably more damage. Also, nice synergy with Plaguebearer or Unholy Blight, making that talent tier actually quite useful.

It has a built-in pestilence, though, so maybe you'd need to switch talents when you can't break CC. (Which is annoying, because I'd like to change a few keybinds if I'm using Necrotic Plague.)

Thoughts?

#45 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 03 November 2014 - 06:05 AM

Necrotic plague has been nerfed into uselessness.

- it cant crit, messing up stat priorities
- it's duration is no longer refreshed with festering or plaguebringer, so it rarely sits at max stacks
- at max stacks, it does less damage than frost fever + blood plague
- it gets dispelled before it hits max stacks, and taking infections glyph would make it even more worthless than it already is.
- 10% damage reduction > runic power on hit

- defile is best talent

Edited by Ownu, 03 November 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#46 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 03 November 2014 - 07:45 AM

Hmm that's too bad.

I can't find the source, but I read that Blizzard nerfed it into the ground to be safe and intend to buff it back up. Why would they leave a talent in that tier that is worse than having no talent?

Looks like people are steadily tweeting at Celestalon about Necrotic Plague. Makes no sense to create a fun/appealing mechanic and then nullify that creative work because no one uses it. I can't see that making it too far into Draenor. They will have more than 2 weeks after launch before the season starts to sort things out.

#47 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:04 AM

Hmm that's too bad.

I can't find the source, but I read that Blizzard nerfed it into the ground to be safe and intend to buff it back up. Why would they leave a talent in that tier that is worse than having no talent?

Looks like people are steadily tweeting at Celestalon about Necrotic Plague. Makes no sense to create a fun/appealing mechanic and then nullify that creative work because no one uses it. I can't see that making it too far into Draenor. They will have more than 2 weeks after launch before the season starts to sort things out.

it needs to do at least double the damage of regular diseases to be worth it, as defile does 3 or 4 times the damage of DnD

#48 Subservience

Subservience
  • Members
  • Gnomeclass_name
  • US-Sargeras
  • Shadowburn

Posted 13 November 2014 - 06:38 AM

http://us.battle.net...r-12-11-12-2014

Hotfixed 11/12:
  • Necrotic Plague now deals 20% more damage.

#49 soph

soph
  • Junkies
  • Goblinclass_name
  • US-Boulderfist
  • Cyclone
  • Talents: Frost

Posted 14 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

http://us.battle.net...r-12-11-12-2014

Hotfixed 11/12:

• Necrotic Plague now deals 20% more damage.

Still simming as a dps loss (vs defile) in pve for all DK specs, which is unfortunate. Hopefully we can expect another buff with more live data coming in.

#50 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:11 PM

Did you guys notice that they nerfed Remorseless Winter btw? The initial stack upon activating is gone. I guess Blizzard felt it was too hard to avoid before, so it needed another second of ramp-up in order to make players able to play around it.

ffs.
Posted Image

#51 Ownu

Ownu
  • Locationcal

Posted 15 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

r o f l

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simple, ghoulexplosionagainplease, bbc, wat, thesetagsarerediculous, demirobisghey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<