simple ghoulexplosionagainplease bbc wat thesetagsarerediculous demirobisghey

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

Hello Death Knight Community,

So how was your 1st day with the patch? Frost/Unholy hows your style coming along?

For me, I enjoy both Frost and Unholy, I can be a mongo-dw Frost dk, which does some really nice damage! In the end the damage is the same 2h/Dw, for BIG crits, I actually see dwi comparable to 2h Frost. Unholy is really fun too,the damage is pretty insane and staying in unholy stance I see alot of DC procs and Staying in your actual Presence makes it feel worth playing the DK class again!

Talents:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zkw

Frost:
Plaguebearer - Lichborne(Purg) - Asphyxiate - Runic Empowerment - Conversion(Death Pact) - Desecrated Ground

Unholy:
Plaguebearer - Lichborne(Purg) - Asphyxiate - Runic Corruption - Conversion(Death Pact) - Desecrated Ground

What have you guys been playing wise? Tell the community your story!

Later!
#ghoulexplosion4vrmissed

Edited by Piglips, 15 October 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#2 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/2/.

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

Hello Death Knight Community,

So how was your 1st day with the patch? Frost/Unholy hows your style coming along?

For me, I enjoy both Frost and Unholy, I can be a mongo-dw Frost dk, which does some really nice damage! In the end the damage is the same 2h/Dw, for BIG crits, I actually see dwi comparable to 2h Frost. Unholy is really fun too,the damage is pretty insane and staying in unholy stance I see alot of DC procs and Staying in your actual Presence makes it feel worth playing the DK class again!

Talents:
http://www.wowhead.com/talent#zkw

Frost:
Plaguebearer - Lichborne(Purg) - Asphyxiate - Runic Empowerment - Conversion(Death Pact) - Desecrated Ground

Unholy:
Plaguebearer - Lichborne(Purg) - Asphyxiate - Runic Corruption - Conversion(Death Pact) - Desecrated Ground

What have you guys been playing wise? Tell the community your story!

Later!
#ghoulexplosion4vrmissed

Unholy is better imo, damage is actually insane, easily T1 class as it stands.

Tried frost a lil bit, didn't like the playstyle, but never have so wasn't very open minded towards it.

Current spec is Plaguebearer - Lichborne - Asphyx - Blood Tap - Death Siphon (Actually a fantastic ability now necro is gone, heals quite a bit with procs too, and adds some unnecessary damage) - Desecrated Ground.

Can't see Death Pact being used much outside 2v2's, still think Blood Tap is going to be the best option for its tier with the versatility it brings, especially now you can save Death Runes for Death Siphons, adds some nice burst healing if you need it and have stacks.

Still feel as though it isn't worth coming out of blood presence when there is the amount of autistic damage currently in the game.
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#3 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:57 AM

As a side note I feel in arena's they will be about raw damage again, but with even less stuff than last season.

Not a bad thing though if the class stays unchanged as in its current state necrotic strike is not needed.
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#4 Piglips

Piglips
  • Junkies

Posted 15 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

Mmm maybe I was doing something wrong, but I felt Death Siphon wasnt healing me at all Yesterday; At least not something noticable. =P Well I believe there was a Change with Runic Emp / Corruption. Seems like it procs alot more. But I'll have to retest BT again.

#5 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 15 October 2014 - 06:32 PM

Mmm maybe I was doing something wrong, but I felt Death Siphon wasnt healing me at all Yesterday; At least not something noticable. =P Well I believe there was a Change with Runic Emp / Corruption. Seems like it procs alot more. But I'll have to retest BT again.

Death Siphon heals around about 8k, 10k with procs really, not bad
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#6 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

After testing both specs and playing around 70-80 arenas I'll try and give some decent insight:

First off, Runic Empowerment and Corruption are honestly just way too inconsistent (1.5%?). That being said, Blood Tap's consistency compared to the alternatives is just vastly superior considering the playstyle right now.

The tier of talents with AMZ, lich, and purgatory is absolutely fucking abysmal. I was considering purgatory against the supernova arcane mage bullshit but apparently that's toned down. Lich is pretty shitty but still probably the best choice.

Im just taking plague leech as both specs because again, the alternative is pretty bad. Honestly diseases are pretty irrelevant atm especially as frost considering you don't even need diseases anymore to get full obliterate damage (one of the only things you actually had to do as frost prior lol).

As for the tree with asphyxiate, the ability in this meta is absolutely broken and I'm surprised blizzard hasn't made it a 1 minute cooldown again. The new death's advance is probably nice but not worth losing asphyxiate for. I'm also just using death pact because the other healing things in the tree are really underwhelming in comparison. It also doesn't kill your pet anymore which is convenient.

As for the best spec right now, I'd say both are pretty decent. Unholy has more reliable damage but frost has higher burst... nothing new.

Edited by flannelsoff, 15 October 2014 - 10:10 PM.

#7 Casawn

Casawn
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Blackrock
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 1/2/0/0/0/0/.
  • 2v2: 2322
  • 3v3: 2946
  • 5v5: 1044
  • RBG: 2425

Posted 15 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Qued 3 v 3skirmish, dismounted on top of a resto druid, obliterated him once with killing machine proc for half his hp, obliterate again, druid disappears, my warrior whispers "My execute already procced when I charged him LoL".

Edited by Casawn, 15 October 2014 - 11:28 PM.

#8 Ravv

Ravv
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Stormscale
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm
  • Talents: Shadow 1/1/0/1/2/0/2
  • 2v2: 1890
  • RBG: 576
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:35 AM

Qued 3 v 3skirmish, dismounted on top of a resto druid, obliterated him once with killing machine proc for half his hp, obliterate again, druid disappears, my warrior whispers "My execute already procced when I charged him LoL".

Welcome to world of shitsg again ;(

Hope they will make things different for 100lvl pvp but according to beta experience it will be just 10-20s longer.

Edited by Ravv, 16 October 2014 - 12:36 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Growinz

Growinz
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Windwalker 1/0/1/2/2/1/.
  • 2v2: 1744
  • LocationMD

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:31 PM

Frost is lacking in skills. I predict it will only be good in comps that win in the opener. Having nearly 0 ranged attacks destroys any kind of finesse or versatility if DKs ever had an ounce to begin with.

Unholy has more runes than before which is nice. It could be due to how much haste we have at this level.
Dots are really crappy though and I feel our ghoul enraged or not is lackluster as well. A huge majority of our damage seems to come from melee, ss, dc.

I wish they would allow 1 other ability into the rotation that would apply a debuff/buff or something. I'd like them to make dpsing more complex for both specs DK even though Unholy is harder than other classes.

Everything in general seems bursty right now. I'm sure any 2k+ DK can 2v3 people in skirmishes with a decent healer right now.

Overall op dmg - less ramp, more burst and can tank any other class 1v1 easily. Frost has 5 buttons and Unholy, feels way too easy to play with how fast runes regen. I've played several dozen skirmishes and almost every team dies in the first 20 seconds.

#10 lol_awful

lol_awful
  • Members
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Illidan
  • Rampage
  • Talents: Blood 0/0/2/2/2/0

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:36 PM

Am I the only one who absolutely LOVES that necro is gone? I feel like wotlk style again. If we could just have a little less damage and maybe our chains root baseline so we have some of our utility back, I would play my dk with my permanent boner.

#11 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:51 PM

Am I the only one who absolutely LOVES that necro is gone? I feel like wotlk style again. If we could just have a little less damage and maybe our chains root baseline so we have some of our utility back, I would play my dk with my permanent boner.

Stop
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#12 Forumz

Forumz
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Argent Dawn
  • Cataclysme / Cataclysm
  • Talents: Shadow 2/1/1/1/./.
  • 2v2: 2728
  • 3v3: 2279
  • 5v5: 96
  • RBG: 768

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Blood is good fun. Really good damage, and really strong defensives. 2 charges on 40% reduc for 3 seconds is pretty good xD
Posted Image

#13 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:59 PM

Have to say I was struggling to decide on an alt class to play with my main horde paladin (ret/prot) come WoD, figured i'd boost a dwarf dk with my free-boost. haven't regretted it at all. Very enjoyable class still, the rune regen is a bit crazy fast but I figure it'll slow down in WoD.

Hybrid melee FTW #PaladinDK

#14 lagniappee

lagniappee
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 1/0/1/0/1/2/0
  • 2v2: 288
  • 3v3: 1563

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:10 PM

Rest in peace Necrotic Strike, you will be forever missed

Horn has NO CD and gives no RP, and Scourge strike only cost 1 rune and i'm having a hard time wanting to play this game right now. rip

Edited by Hiimgosu, 19 October 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#15 Anglian

Anglian
  • Members
  • Undeadclass_name
  • EU-Twisting Nether
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Shadow 1/2/0/1/2/2

Posted 19 October 2014 - 08:33 PM

Ah it's still fun to play. Though I hate how weak Conversion seems. pop it, instantly go 100-0 rp and have gained no health, weird.

#16 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:33 PM

Ah it's still fun to play. Though I hate how weak Conversion seems. pop it, instantly go 100-0 rp and have gained no health, weird.

Death Siphon master race
I want Nicholaes92 dead

#17 Ryanxx

Ryanxx
  • Junkies
  • Undeadclass_name
  • US-Bladefist
  • Whirlwind
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/2/2

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Rest in peace Necrotic Strike, you will be forever missed

Horn has NO CD and gives no RP, and Scourge strike only cost 1 rune and i'm having a hard time wanting to play this game right now. rip

Scourge strike has always been 1 rune, since forever lol

#18 Dizzeeyo

Dizzeeyo
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Sylvanas
  • Rampage / Saccage
  • Talents: Frost 0/2/0/2/2/2
  • RBG: 2274

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Scourge strike has always been 1 rune, since forever lol

can you not lol at a 3k rated deathknight not knowing basic things about his own class please

he definitely didn't wintrade or anything :)

Edited by Dizzeeyo, 20 October 2014 - 05:37 PM.

No because the difference is when I play a comp i play it close to skill cap

if anyone needs to be banned, it's you. You do nothing but sit on AJ being a passive aggressive idiot that nobody likes, sorry you stink of washing up liquid.

Feel free to call me an idiot because I'm a hunter or some stupid ass remark but I've actually written all this down on paper

I actually made an appearance at DH2014 and I met up with people from twitch who were involved with the dota 2 / cs tournies that where there, I talked about the game from my perspective as a professional player and we actually shared a lot of opinions. All I'm saying is a lot of people will be VERY surprised about the future of this game in the esport world :)

#19 flannelsoff

flannelsoff
  • Junkies
  • Orcclass_name
  • US-Tichondrius
  • Bloodlust
  • Talents: Frost 2/0/1/0/1/0
  • RBG: 2818

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:31 PM

losing necro was a big hit to the class but if you actually use icy touch glyph and dark sim correctly i'd say dks are probably one of the best classes right now

#20 Rydar

Rydar
  • Junkies
  • Humanclass_name
  • EU-Silvermoon
  • Cyclone / Wirbelsturm

Posted 20 October 2014 - 08:46 PM

can you not lol at a 3k rated deathknight not knowing basic things about his own class please

he definitely didn't wintrade or anything :)

He also acts like it being 1 rune is a bad thing...
I want Nicholaes92 dead

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: simple, ghoulexplosionagainplease, bbc, wat, thesetagsarerediculous, demirobisghey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

<